Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

I did! My crusty one eye is now crusty 2 eyes, and so I said 'screw work', went back to bed, and am only now getting up. It seems to me my eye is getting MORE inflamed, not less, but I will give the course of antibiotics its full time to work.

And yes, it would be nice to meet the PJTP-ers, but I despair that a date will be set. Unfortunately, my vacation request for next year is due this month, and time's a-wastin!

Have a good day everyone; I will check in later.

I am so sorry that you are now dealing with two crusty eyes! Oh no! I hope you get some relief soon.

I have been wondering about the date for the get together myself. The time to pick vacation for next year is fastly approaching.

PJTP-I am at work. I have mentioned before that my coworker really gets abused(mentally) at home by his wife. I think it is getting worse. She is pushing him to the edge. It really worries me because he sometimes seems like one of those people that might "snap". I don't know what to do. He is a grown man, but everyday he goes out of his way for his wife and she just seems to push his buttons almost in punishment for some grievance. I don't know the full story, I'm sure. It just bothers me to be in this huge building with this guy. What if he snaps here???

PJTP...Hi y'all! :)

Semi-lazy weekend behind me...lots of studying (tons of reading - thought about you, Beth!), questions, etc. Happily serving my 2-day suspension from work - not happy that I have it, but happy not to be THERE right now.

Did my 2.5 mile walk with DDog yesterday - still "training" for the Step Out for Diabetes walk at the end of this month. It's a 3 mile course - I'm planning to run it. Did I say that already? Anywho...

Applied for a bunch of jobs, got a wonderful reference coming from one of the higher-ups at a place I applied to - he was the Sunday "Preacher" at our church for over 3 years. Not an ordained minister, but a wonderful speaker. Going to track down one other person who I know used to work there and still has connections to ask for another reference letter - more is better, right?

Fill scheduled for tomorrow afternoon - will probably take a half-day at work. I can definately eat more now, and the hunger is back. I've been stuck at 205 (except for a 2-lb drop during my pouch test attempt) for the last 6 weeks or so and even though I've increased my exercise, the weight just isn't coming off like I want it to.

I know I'm eating more - and I can hold more, so off to the fill doc I go. I want to get this next (last?) 30 - 40 pounds off before winter really sets in and makes it hard for me to get out and exercise. I think my rowing machine and I are going to be good friends this winter - I hate the thought of putting weight back on because my activity level decreases. Of course there is always hauling and stacking wood for the fireplace to help burn calories...

Dealing with a little physical weirdness right now - I WALK faster than I JOG - H and I have extended our distance on our morning walk to 2 miles round-trip, but we complete the distance faster when we power-walk it rather than when we jog. Well - I am faster when I walk - and I'm not sure if it's just that I need to stretch and extend my stride, or what. I do notice a distinct shortness of breath when I jog - and because I've had a serious atrial fibrillation episode before, I'm apprehensive about pushing too hard and kicking my heart rate back into irregular mode. 2 days in the hospital wasn't fun - and the cardioversion (shock back to normal rhythm) wasn't my favorite thing either.

Since today is my last "free" day for a while, I may try to jog the 2.5 mile course to see how I do - not worrying about pace, just jogging the entire course - and check time later.

Will check back in and let y'all know how it goes...BBL!:thumbdown:

Oh - and happy Belated Birthday, SNT! Sorry I missed wishing you well on your actual Born Day!

PJTP...

I am so sorry that you are now dealing with two crusty eyes! Oh no! I hope you get some relief soon.

What Slim said...things that mess with your eyes give me the heebie-jeebies! Hope it gets much better real soon...

I have been wondering about the date for the get together myself. The time to pick vacation for next year is fastly approaching.

I think SheSmiles was going to be at Lu's at the beginning of July - Lu - correct me on that, please if necessary. I think we should just put it on that date and maybe plan another later in the summer for those who can't make the first one...like y'all, I want to get it locked in.

Of course now that I'm looking for another job, things might change, but let's set the date anyway before all the good vacation time is booked up!

PJTP-I am at work. I have mentioned before that my coworker really gets abused(mentally) at home by his wife. I think it is getting worse. She is pushing him to the edge. It really worries me because he sometimes seems like one of those people that might "snap". I don't know what to do. He is a grown man, but everyday he goes out of his way for his wife and she just seems to push his buttons almost in punishment for some grievance. I don't know the full story, I'm sure. It just bothers me to be in this huge building with this guy. What if he snaps here???

Has he done or said anything that might give you 'pause for cause' so to speak? Anything about hurting himself, giving up hope, etc? If you have an employee assistance program that could be the trigger they need to talk to him. Perhaps putting a bug in HR's ear regarding your concern for your co-worker's well-being would be helpful - even if he denies that there's anything going on at home, perhaps just hearing that they have help for him if he wants it could be the encouragement that he needs.

I think most communities also have an anonymous tip line to report abuse - and once he's on their radar, they will be alert to potential problems. Because he's male, there may be some bias against him - hopefully not, but that's the stupid world we live in sometimes - I hope that he can get some help or at least that someone else takes notice. I hope that with the changes in the workplace that have happened with past tragedies, that someone will take it seriously that this gentleman seems to be having a hard time at home.

Let us know how YOU are doing with all this - I know that working in a stressful situation isn't fun for YOU either...believe me, I know!:)

Jumpin' Jehosephat! I have spent all afternoon reading 90 freakin' pages. And that's just for Wednesday's class!! :blink:

Okay, the reality is hitting me that I will not have a life for a very long time. :sad:

"Jumpin' Jehosephate!" hahahaha. . . I haven't heard that for a really long time. . . my stepdad (RIP) used to say that. . . I heard him once more through you and it brought back some cool memories! :lol:

yeah!!! I've been busy all day...I love it! Got a quick break and it's back to Imports. I really do like being busy...but I miss my pjtp/fb time! LOL :blink:

Happy almost over Monday!

I wish I were busy today Glou... Quite the opposite from my weekend..

Weekend was jam packed and rush rush rush. I get to work and it's relax time lol.

& the rain hasn't stopped - 11 inches since friday night.

the pond is full & the dogs are tired of being inside....just spent according to DH TOO much money on dog toys; but i had to remind him that it was still cheaper than our shoes....puppy is all "mouthy".

*ktork, congrats on the race & glad you and michelle were able to meet up.....!!!

*taps - sorry about the cruddy eyes. did you try to hit the drs up again today? sounds like a really nasty infection.

take care of yourself.

*slim, i got nothing for ya on the co-worker - other than i would keep my distance.??.

laundry awaits:)

Evening all. I am going to attempt to go to bed early tonight. We are "enteraining" the district president and VP at my job tomorrow. I know that I will be spending the morning attempting to get things in tip top shape (on top of attempting to do my regular job). I know I won't be able to risk coming on here to check in tomorrow until I know for sure that they are gone. I will be thinking good thoughts for all that are sick, going through trials (work and home), and hoping that everyone has a great Tuesday.

You all have a great night!

Good luck slim!

PJTP Kinda suprised myself today. It's only 4pm right now and I wore a pedometer today to see how many steps I take after reading the 10,000 step challenge thing online. I have taken 8200 steps and I haven't even really tried to get in extra steps. I did do a 10 minute walk earlier at work to get my muscles loosened from my run yesterday.

PJTP Kinda suprised myself today. It's only 4pm right now and I wore a pedometer today to see how many steps I take after reading the 10,000 step challenge thing online. I have taken 8200 steps and I haven't even really tried to get in extra steps. I did do a 10 minute walk earlier at work to get my muscles loosened from my run yesterday.

that's great~!

ya know what i have noticed is that i park FAR away from any store.....where i use to circle around the parking lots waiting for that front row person to swoop up on.:blink:

sobering moment at the gym today.

i went begrudingly, as DH is on a super kick ..... and while walking on the treadmill - i glance back at DH on the stairmaster talking to a guy on the life cycle (that ski machine). as i go meet up w/dh to stretch afterwards i realize why this guy had an unusual Jerky move to his routine.

he had a prosthetic leg & just got it after an injury in the war. it shamed me some that here i was bitching that i didn't want to go today & this guy was overjoyed to......

Me too, Taps. I hope you get better soon. I'm glad you stayed home today...one, for you to rest up and two, to keep your cooties to yourself!!! haha :blink: That was actually really what the infectious disease doc said to do last week too, btw.

Have you spoken to HR about the situation? To your boss? I definitely think someone needs a "heads up" that can handle the situation. If nothing else, he should be spoken to from the angle of "we're very worried about you". IMO

Oh - and happy Belated Birthday, SNT! Sorry I missed wishing you well on your actual Born Day!

Thankees!!!

By then I hope to have met you, and have an address, otherwise I'm not sure what UPS would do with a package addressed to "Lulu in Texas a tiny little lady who lives on a big ranch with her husband, loves dogs, loves to cook, loves wine and who doesn't have children"

Eh, they'd probably find her.

DS had to go to the ER on Thurs night after his football game - which they won! He was having chest pains and a real hard time breathing. His coach is a paramedic, checked him out and thought it best to send him and get it checked. He had to have an x-ray, ekg, and cat scan - everything looked fine so that was a relief. They said it was pleurisy, which is an inflamation of the lining of the chest, so it was very painful for him to breath.

Yeeeesh. Pleurisy can be very painful. If you have access to a stethoscope, listen to his lungs. Pleurisy sounds like old leather creaking!! Also, it can be difficult to get the anti-inflammatories to the pleural space. I feel for him.

And yes, it would be nice to meet the PJTP-ers, but I despair that a date will be set. Unfortunately, my vacation request for next year is due this month, and time's a-wastin!

Man, they like to have a little notice, don't they? "Remember Tap, we're going to need your vacation request for 2012 by the end of this month"

Lulu, since it's your ranch, just set a date. That way, tap can ask off, and everybody else can be working on their calanders. Those unhappy with the date....see ya next year (like how I've already made it an annual thing?). Or they can spend an extra 3 hours and come visit me in Texarkana. The locals don't bite.....usually.

Erykah - glad you got a smile. :lol:

Tap - Omg, bless your heart, BOTH eyes? Ugh... I'm SO sorry. :blink:

Ebony - glad you enjoyed your time off. It's funny, but just last night my friend said yet AGAIN how much happier I seem since I'm not working at that place anymore. I never realized just HOW bad I came across.

Brandy - here's praying for TWO pounds, damnit!

I don't know who all I missed, but I apologize now. I can't believe how little y'all wrote, but my eyes are crossing. NeedSleep.com

Nytol!

PJTP: Tonight, in the middle of the night, I unhooked one of my patients (much older gentleman...in his mid-70's) so he could go to the bathroom. When he was getting out of bed, he cut loose with a huge fart. He looked very sharply @ me and asked "Did you just sh*t your pants?". I said no, and then he responded with "Oh well, I guess it was me, then".