Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

PJTP: I want perky boobs!!! Shake_your_BOOBS_by_CerasAuria.gif

:drool: Thank you. I was feeling rather melancholy there for a moment. That laugh is exactly what I needed.

PJTP-Why couldn't I see myself as huge as I actually got that way, but now that I am losing, all I see is the huge person staring back at me? I know that I have lost weight. My clothes size says I have lost weight. Heck, people that I know say that I have lost an enormous amount of weight (I knew I was big, but they make me out to sound like I was an elephant), yet I can't look at myself and see it?

I am the same way slim. I still see the before me. I have finally reached the 60lb mark and as happy as I was, when I looked in the mirror I seen pre- op me. I am the lowest I have weighed in probably 9 yrs or so. I should be jumping up and down for joy, but am having difficulty accepting what the scales and tape measure tell me.:drool: I think part of it is they make clothed different than they did before. (size wise) because I have some 2x non stretch pants from way back when, and they fit. The new 2x pants I bought a few months ago in anticipation don't even go over my hips. I still have some 3x shirts that don't fit very well that I bought before surgery and they didn't fit then. 3x is what I was wearing before surgery. Must be they way they are made or labeled wrong.

Sorry I kinda took over the post.

Extra's haven't been cut off as of yet. So that is a good thing. It would be a blessing if they don't get shut off right away. Then maybe I might get a call for a perm. job. I have worked 2 days this past week thru the temp services. Hopefully I will be kept busy so I can get caught up on my bills.

I pray you all have a safe and Happy Easter.8_3_36.gif 8_3_21.gif 36_15_59.gif

PJTP-Why couldn't I see myself as huge as I actually got that way, but now that I am losing, all I see is the huge person staring back at me? I know that I have lost weight. My clothes size says I have lost weight. Heck, people that I know say that I have lost an enormous amount of weight (I knew I was big, but they make me out to sound like I was an elephant), yet I can't look at myself and see it?

You're singing my song. ColoradoChick and I were talking about that very thing over dinner the other night. She got into size 12's (a huge shout-out to you, my dear!!), and she still sees what she once was! I told her that the eyes trick us... to find old pictures of herself and compare them to now.

I don't know what it is about our minds and eyes playing tricks on us like that. When I was my hugest, I would look in the mirror and say, "Well, not great, but not horrible." WHAT?? Then I'd see a photo of myself and say, "Who the f*ck is THAT???"

Now I'm down nearly 50 pounds and look in the mirror and go UGH. It's even worse when I see pictures. Will I ever see a decent person? I can only hope.

Wow, when I have restriction (like now!) scrambled eggs are a hard food for me to eat. My fill is going on 3 weeks, and my amounts are still really small, so I am trying really hard to make those small amount be healthy foods! I can do hard Protein, such as roast beef or chicken---so I know I am not too tight, just seriously restricted again! After a year of NO restriction at all, this is an adjustment! But I have dropped about 7 pounds I'd say. Not weighing everyday---but it IS going down, thank goodness!

Eggs have always been a slow go food for me if I have restriction, I think it is because they don't break down anymore than how you chew them. I have the same issue with mushrooms, and raw veggies, they are not something I can chew to a paste consistency.

Glad you are feeling some change with your fill!!

Time to go color eggs with my granddaughter!!

I rarely do eggs -- and have heard others can't eat them if they are filled properly -- but I'm on mushies until Monday. It's a good source of Protein, and scrambled are soft (though still "with" me, if you know what I mean! lol). After Monday I probably won't eat them again for some time. I think for lunch it'll be mashed potatoes or a crab cake.

I am the same way slim. I still see the before me. I have finally reached the 60lb mark and as happy as I was, when I looked in the mirror I seen pre- op me. I am the lowest I have weighed in probably 9 yrs or so. I should be jumping up and down for joy, but am having difficulty accepting what the scales and tape measure tell me.

I so understand!

You're singing my song. ColoradoChick and I were talking about that very thing over dinner the other night. She got into size 12's (a huge shout-out to you, my dear!!), and she still sees what she once was! I told her that the eyes trick us... to find old pictures of herself and compare them to now.

I don't know what it is about our minds and eyes playing tricks on us like that. When I was my hugest, I would look in the mirror and say, "Well, not great, but not horrible." WHAT?? Then I'd see a photo of myself and say, "Who the f*ck is THAT???"

Now I'm down nearly 50 pounds and look in the mirror and go UGH. It's even worse when I see pictures. Will I ever see a decent person? I can only hope.

The pictures help me see the difference, but they also make me wonder wtf I was thinking when I didn't think I looked so bad! DH takes pictures of me now and tells me that I am going to like the pictures. The pictures don't look anything like I think I should look. DH even had the nerve to ask if I was about done losing weight. WTH? I still have 50 pounds to go just to get to where I was right after having my son! I am smaller than I have been in over 10 years, yet I look (to myself) what I obviously was looking like before I lost weight. Talk about skewed self image.

But I have dropped about 7 pounds I'd say. Not weighing everyday---but it IS going down, thank goodness!

All right! That is great! Have fun doing the eggs!

I pray you all have a safe and Happy Easter.8_3_36.gif 8_3_21.gif 36_15_59.gif

Happy Easter to you too!

WOW! I''m also impressed the results were not that different between scales and tank...I've always heard that there would be. ...

+ - 3/5% difference only. was surprised myself.

i had a bit of depression while losing weight & it had more to do with beating myself up for letting myself go. once i forgave myself & took diet / exercise serious i was able to enjoy the small victories (cause i was a SLOW loser). what i realized was that i enjoy/repspect my body more now than when i was at this weight in the past. wish the band helped the head stuff out of the gate.

ok - small break from cooking / company & more dogs than i can count.....happy sat all!

I want to get an accurate body fat %. I know my scale at home is high, but I don't know how high.

OMG - I have not looked at this thread in a while. I glance today and I am still in the upper 600's and there are almost 800 pages. I also noticed that this thread has been rather interesting over time :0)

I so understand!

The pictures help me see the difference, but they also make me wonder wtf I was thinking when I didn't think I looked so bad! DH takes pictures of me now and tells me that I am going to like the pictures. The pictures don't look anything like I think I should look. DH even had the nerve to ask if I was about done losing weight. WTH? I still have 50 pounds to go just to get to where I was right after having my son! I am smaller than I have been in over 10 years, yet I look (to myself) what I obviously was looking like before I lost weight. Talk about skewed self image.

This sooo reminds me of myself. I remember losing the first 50 pounds, going down to large top/16 bottom sizes and thinking, wow I must look great now. So I started letting my picture be taken - when I saw the pictures it was kind of a shock and depressing. It was like, I am still way too heavy, how on earth could I have thought I looked good now? I looked at that time like I thought I had looked before.

My self image was wayyy off and it took banding to allow me to reset. I now look at pre-banding pictures and question how I ever allowed myself to get that heavy. Not only was I heavy, I dressed unflatteringly and my hair was blahh as well.

It took me a year after banding and staying in medium tops/size 8 bottoms for many months to even begin to look at myself in a reasonable, more unbiased way.

Question for y'all. My doc says no more than 3 meals a day and I should be eating about a 1/2 cup. Sooo, with this last fill, I'm eating about a 1/2 cup BUT I'm hungry again a few hours later. Is this normal? Example: the other night for dinner I made "taco" salads. I make up a bean/meat mix, throw some on a pile of salad, add cheese, salsa, sour cream or ranch dressing and broken up tortilla chips. So lunch today was a scoop of leftover bean/meat mix, cheese, salsa and a couple of chips (I know, I know re: the chips but the damn things are SO good! Black Bean tortilla. Yummm!). Ate about noon and 3 hours later, hungry. Last night for dinner had split pea & veggie Soup and was fine for 5 hours before getting hungry again. Is is more WHAT I'm eating vs. how MUCH? Or maybe I was just swollen last night and am fine today. Doc doesn't have us do liquids or mushies, just regular foods. I usually take it easy the first night and then see how I do the next day. Anyway, wondering what your experiences or doc's orders are like.

Thanks.

I've been eating approx. 1 1/2 c. per meal all along. I even had to fight with my 2nd PA at my check ups because she only saw the food intake, never the exercise I do. She constantly wanted to get me to eat less. I told her to check my exercise and what I do. After 2 mos., she realized that this was my norm. I am going in this coming Wed for a fill. I have only had 2 fills and it has been about 1 yr since the last. I know my portions are going up and exercise is not where it used to be. Still hitting it alot, just not to the extent I was.

that would never cut it for me.

my dr also prefers 3 meals only a day for those who do not exercise, maybe a daily snack. if your active - he suggests 1/2 Snacks a day plus your 3 meals. i've stopped weighing & measuring but i eat around a cup of food or 4oz of food in one sitting - averaging around 1200 calories a day.

my activity determines my hunger/meals - didn't do much today & have hardly had much of an appetite.....if i'm in the gym, i can chew my arm off before i can get to my next meal some days...

Agreed. How much you exercise should dictate how much you eat. You need calories to lose weight. Otherwise, your body goes into famine status and hoards all the calories you are eating.

I've always had this problem. It's my inner self identity. Pre surgery, I always saw myself as the same size as my friends even though I knew I dwarfed alot of them. Now, I see myself as I used to be (125 lbs heavier). I cannot wrap my mind around it.

PJTP~On the subject of boobies. I've gone from having man boobs to actually having pecs. That is a good thing. However, as plain pointed out, ladies losing size is never a good thing in a man's eye.:cool2:

It's good to know that I am not crazy (or alone) with the self image issues.

Ceradad, I am so glad that you no longer have man breasts. I am just going to have to hope that DH can deal with scooping my tube sock breasts off my lap.:cool2:

Ceradad, I am so glad that you no longer have man breasts. I am just going to have to hope that DH can deal with scooping my tube sock breasts off my lap.:lol:

Most men don't care as long as they are allowed to......ahem......touch them.:cool2: