Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

This is what I use when I trying to calculate a recipe.

Nutrition facts, calories in food, labels, nutritional information and analysis – NutritionData.com

It lets you input the ingredients along with the amounts. Then it calculates the data for you.

Oh, I like this one. Thanks.

dunk went fine - had to do it twice cause i'm a bit claustrophobic having my face submerged in Water, even for a small period. dh is a scuba diver & i can't even float around snorkling.

there actually wasn't too much of a difference between my dr's scale, trainers pincher, and the tank.....good news is that when i first starting working out my % of body fat (trainer taken) was 37 - today it's 19.2%.

spent the rest of the day at our farmers market w/dh getting crawfish / crabs / veggies & fruit for company that arrives at the crack a$$ at dawn i'm sure......off to clean a guest rm....

That is awesome. Oh, and I love farmers market. Can't go anywhere near them right now though.

spent the rest of the day at our farmers market w/dh getting crawfish / crabs / veggies & fruit for company that arrives at the crack a$$ at dawn i'm sure......off to clean a guest rm....

Oh, man, now THAT is a Texas feast!!! *drooooool* :drool:

Little baby Shane Update - He is still in NICU. He has been put back on the feeding tube and the IV restarted. He has gone from 8 lbs 4 oz to 7 lbs 14 oz. They have determined that although he is large because of my sisters gestational diabetes he is actually a premature baby. He does not have a suck reflect yet. If you rub his cheek he does not turn his head looking to suckle. His bilirubin is down which is great news. It was so high they checked him to brain damage. Thank you all again for keeping him in your thoguhts and prayers. He will not be going home until he is feeding and showing weight gain.

Thanks for the update. I'm still praying!

Then it's never gonna happen. All we can hope NOW is that they don't turn into double-longs. :drool:

Mine came IN as double longs! Yikes! Can't even fill a B cup and they're siteseeing down near the belly button. NOW tho, they're still small but are becoming perky! What's up with THAT! I'm 40 for crying out loud!! Not complaining too much (tho if I could afford it, I'd be getting implants) but just think it's REALLY weird!

Good grief, I will be right back, I have to wipe the drool off of my chin now.

Yeah, me too! UGH!

Question for y'all. My doc says no more than 3 meals a day and I should be eating about a 1/2 cup. Sooo, with this last fill, I'm eating about a 1/2 cup BUT I'm hungry again a few hours later. Is this normal? Example: the other night for dinner I made "taco" salads. I make up a bean/meat mix, throw some on a pile of salad, add cheese, salsa, sour cream or ranch dressing and broken up tortilla chips. So lunch today was a scoop of leftover bean/meat mix, cheese, salsa and a couple of chips (I know, I know re: the chips but the damn things are SO good! Black Bean tortilla. Yummm!). Ate about noon and 3 hours later, hungry. Last night for dinner had split pea & veggie Soup and was fine for 5 hours before getting hungry again. Is is more WHAT I'm eating vs. how MUCH? Or maybe I was just swollen last night and am fine today. Doc doesn't have us do liquids or mushies, just regular foods. I usually take it easy the first night and then see how I do the next day. Anyway, wondering what your experiences or doc's orders are like.

Thanks.

dunk went fine - had to do it twice cause i'm a bit claustrophobic having my face submerged in Water, even for a small period. dh is a scuba diver & i can't even float around snorkling.

there actually wasn't too much of a difference between my dr's scale, trainers pincher, and the tank.....good news is that when i first starting working out my % of body fat (trainer taken) was 37 - today it's 19.2%.

Sorry about the claustrophobia. But good to know that it's in line with the other stuff you're doing.

spent the rest of the day at our farmers market w/dh getting crawfish / crabs / veggies & fruit

Yummmm!

for company that arrives at the crack a$$ at dawn i'm sure......off to clean a guest rm....

UGH! I'd leave a note outside directing them to the kitchen and the supplies to make their own Breakfast and get comfy while I finished sleeping! I am so NOT a morning person!

Oh for crying out loud! Because I wrote inside Lulu's quote it's telling me my message is too short and won't post it. I've NEVER had anyone tell me I don't talk enough!! LOL!

Question for y'all. My doc says no more than 3 meals a day and I should be eating about a 1/2 cup.

that would never cut it for me.

my dr also prefers 3 meals only a day for those who do not exercise, maybe a daily snack. if your active - he suggests 1/2 Snacks a day plus your 3 meals. i've stopped weighing & measuring but i eat around a cup of food or 4oz of food in one sitting - averaging around 1200 calories a day.

my activity determines my hunger/meals - didn't do much today & have hardly had much of an appetite.....if i'm in the gym, i can chew my arm off before i can get to my next meal some days...

Oh for crying out loud! Because I wrote inside Lulu's quote it's telling me my message is too short and won't post it. I've NEVER had anyone tell me I don't talk enough!! LOL!

hahahaha

it's my youngest brother, his wife & their 3 labs......

i just changed linens & lit a candle - :drool:

Slim, I REALLY love the tag line you borrowed from another poster. It's an excellent motivator and something to remember.

Thanks. She said that to me in our month/year forum. I told her that i was going to use it in my signature for just that reason. I made sure to acknowledge where I got it from.

dunk went fine - had to do it twice cause i'm a bit claustrophobic having my face submerged in Water, even for a small period. dh is a scuba diver & i can't even float around snorkling. That is so me.

W00t!

That all sounds sooooo good.

i noticed that too the other day - i love it!

Thanks.

Oh, I like this one. Thanks.

That is awesome. Oh, and I love farmers market. Can't go anywhere near them right now though. You'll get back there soon.

Mine came IN as double longs! Yikes! Can't even fill a B cup and they're siteseeing down near the belly button. NOW tho, they're still small but are becoming perky! What's up with THAT! I'm 40 for crying out loud!! Not complaining too much (tho if I could afford it, I'd be getting implants) but just think it's REALLY weird!

You mean I might actually end up with perky! I have NEVER had perky boobs! I am working on having the double longs as we speak!:drool:

Thanks. She said that to me in our month/year forum. I told her that i was going to use it in my signature for just that reason. I made sure to acknowledge where I got it from.

She's very wise. I'm sure we have all gone through that -- keeping the "diet" mentality, and we've all failed diets.

She's very wise. I'm sure we have all gone through that -- keeping the "diet" mentality, and we've all failed diets.

Exactly. I have to remind myself that this isn't a diet. This is for life.

that would never cut it for me.

my dr also prefers 3 meals only a day for those who do not exercise, maybe a daily snack. if your active - he suggests 1/2 Snacks a day plus your 3 meals. i've stopped weighing & measuring but i eat around a cup of food or 4oz of food in one sitting - averaging around 1200 calories a day.

my activity determines my hunger/meals - didn't do much today & have hardly had much of an appetite.....if i'm in the gym, i can chew my arm off before i can get to my next meal some days...

Thanks, Lulu! That might be my issue now too. I've been walking my hilly neighborhood just about everyday for the last few weeks. I'm starving! I just can't see how a body'd make it on 1 1/2 cups of food a day!

hahahaha

it's my youngest brother, his wife & their 3 labs......

i just changed linens & lit a candle - :)

Well, that makes it a lot easier!

You mean I might actually end up with perky! I have NEVER had perky boobs! I am working on having the double longs as we speak!:laugh:

Ya never know! I was a skinny thing as a kid/teen and they came in long. Now that I'm old :drool: and fat and losing again, they're perking up. I just don't get it!

Sorry about the double longs. :crying:

I like Slim's quote too. I agree with you Beth. I keep going back into the 'diet' mentality and have to remind myself this time IS different. After 20+ yrs of gaining then losing, only to gain it again, it's become habit!

PJTP: Something kinda cool for me today. Was able to finally get on the treadmill this afternoon. We're storming so no walking the neighborhood this AM. I haven't been on the treadmill since I started walking the neighborhood a few weeks ago. I didn't think that I was improving at all on my walks b/c the hills are super steep and they KILL me! Esp. when I'm pushing the stroller. Well today, I had to up all my numbers on the treadmill b/c it was too easy!! It took a lot longer to break a sweat and I wasn't as winded as I normally am! Whoo Hoo! Anyway, I thought it was kinda cool. I'm so NOT athletic, tho I'd like to get in better shape. We've got some great trails and day hikes in our area and I haven't been able to manage any of them yet. I'm excited!! I know, silly, but I wanted to share.

SOOOOO glad it all went well! I was hoping to see an update soon.

He took a nice long nap this afternoon and went to bed early. He was awake so quickly after the procedure this morning; it was amazing.

Mom and I went out before dinner and got his statin prescription. We're all just very grateful that he's in such good spirits and had no blockages. Interesting tidbit (since I'm not medical), as he got some plaque build-up in his arteries, they expanded and got larger.

Oh, typical - when we went to get his prescription, there was an issue w/ his insurance. Shock! So he'll get to battle them Monday. Their pharmacy was very nice and gave him 3 to get him through the weekend. Otherwise, a month of pills was almost $140. Ugh.

Still need to get on the treadmill and walk. Can't do the neighborhood thing today. Threatening rain and it's cold.

I don't even have a treadmill so you're doing better than I am! Being at the convention this week made me realize how much I need to get my big butt moving. My dogs are still barking! :)

Little baby Shane Update - He is still in NICU. He has been put back on the feeding tube and the IV restarted. He has gone from 8 lbs 4 oz to 7 lbs 14 oz. They have determined that although he is large because of my sisters gestational diabetes he is actually a premature baby. He does not have a suck reflect yet. If you rub his cheek he does not turn his head looking to suckle. His bilirubin is down which is great news. It was so high they checked him to brain damage. Thank you all again for keeping him in your thoguhts and prayers. He will not be going home until he is feeding and showing weight gain.

Poor pumpkin; I'm so sorry that he's having to go through all that and that the family is too. Hopefully this will be something to hold over his head when he's being a rebellious teenager ("you had us all so worried") A friend had preemie twins and they definitely couldn't leave the hospital until they could suck, swallow, and breathe...didn't depend on their weight at all.

:lol:

You mean I might actually end up with perky! I have NEVER had perky boobs! I am working on having the double longs as we speak!:laugh:

Hysterical. I don't ever remember mine being perky either. Other girls got training bras b/c they were fun; I HAD to have one. :drool:

Completely off point, SNT.....I drove thru Chattaboogie yesterday to come to Nashville (obviously). That whole getting thru Chatt is still such a cluster. I would like to smack the idjut that thought that the route chosen was a good one. Sigh. Oh and PS - why does it always get stopped dead traffic-y around the 59 split? There's nothing out there!!! Grrr :crying:

PJTP: Something kinda cool for me today. Was able to finally get on the treadmill this afternoon. We're storming so no walking the neighborhood this AM. I haven't been on the treadmill since I started walking the neighborhood a few weeks ago. I didn't think that I was improving at all on my walks b/c the hills are super steep and they KILL me! Esp. when I'm pushing the stroller. Well today, I had to up all my numbers on the treadmill b/c it was too easy!! It took a lot longer to break a sweat and I wasn't as winded as I normally am! Whoo Hoo! Anyway, I thought it was kinda cool. I'm so NOT athletic, tho I'd like to get in better shape. We've got some great trails and day hikes in our area and I haven't been able to manage any of them yet. I'm excited!! I know, silly, but I wanted to share.

That's not silly. That is great!

Hysterical. I don't ever remember mine being perky either. Other girls got training bras b/c they were fun; I HAD to have one. :drool: That was me too! My mom thought I was going to go through life like Dolly! (Parton that is)

Completely off point, SNT.....I drove thru Chattaboogie yesterday to come to Nashville (obviously). That whole getting thru Chatt is still such a cluster. I would like to smack the idjut that thought that the route chosen was a good one. Sigh. Oh and PS - why does it always get stopped dead traffic-y around the 59 split? There's nothing out there!!! Grrr :laugh:

I don't know why traffic always stops there. It is craziness! I am glad to see you on here. I was concerned about you with the storms yesterday. Sorry that your dad is having insurance issues after everything else.

Morning all!

Then it's never gonna happen. All we can hope NOW is that they don't turn into double-longs. :drool:

Mine STARTED that way...and just seem to be stretching...

3 hours to go till I get to go out and have drinks with friends!

Hope it was a good time.

I'm in the mtns in the central part of CA and that's where most of the nation's veggies are grown. There is a farm an hour from me that is an organic CSA. They pack weekly boxes of what ever is in season and ready that day, and deliver to drop sites in different areas. I pick up a box every week at my local (10 minutes from my house) natural foods store. LOVE IT!!

I am jealous...I grow a few things but obviously only those things that like a cooler summer and a short growing season...

dunk went fine ...there actually wasn't too much of a difference between my dr's scale, trainers pincher, and the tank.....good news is that when i first starting working out my % of body fat (trainer taken) was 37 - today it's 19.2%.

WOW! I''m also impressed the results were not that different between scales and tank...I've always heard that there would be.

I'm sure we have all gone through that -- keeping the "diet" mentality, and we've all failed diets.

Yes indeed.

PJTP: Something kinda cool for me today. I had to up all my numbers on the treadmill b/c it was too easy!! It took a lot longer to break a sweat and I wasn't as winded as I normally am! Whoo Hoo!
That's not silly. That is great!

What she said!

Morning everyone. Thinking of dragging DH out of bed to run errands sooner rather than later...I'm sure every place I will want to go will be packed today, but I just gotta get some things done...

PJTP: I want perky boobs!!! Shake_your_BOOBS_by_CerasAuria.gif

PJTP-Why couldn't I see myself as huge as I actually got that way, but now that I am losing, all I see is the huge person staring back at me? I know that I have lost weight. My clothes size says I have lost weight. Heck, people that I know say that I have lost an enormous amount of weight (I knew I was big, but they make me out to sound like I was an elephant), yet I can't look at myself and see it?