Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

How tall is he? It's so hard to tell. Or better yet, how tall are YOU? I'm short-ish (5'7") so I'm good with 6' and taller.

I'm just under 6 foot myself - and in heels, I'm definately Amazon territory...I think in the comic books Sabertooth is listed at around 6'4", Wolverine is a sub-6-footer...

And as for hotties... erm, have you seen Watchmen? Dr. Manhattan (the blue man)? Uh, full frontal in most all of his parts, which thankfully were pretty often. :smile:

Yeah, I NOTICED that! :tt2: Pretty cool, if ya ask me...

Ebony, you are so right! I, too, am missing food emotionally. I just found that out yesterday at Easter dinner. I MISS being able to eat everything.

Glouc, I knew you and my fellow bandsters would understand...:blush:

Just came back from my daily lunchtime walk...for some reason, the hill kicked my butt today - I was a couple of minutes slower at the top than last week, and the backs of my thighs were griping and complaining...guess I need to stretch more!

Wonderful NSV - my DH commented on my "tiny waist"...yeah, I know, it ain't tiny yet, but it's nice to be referred to as "tiny". He does that a lot...makes me grin and giggle...:tongue:

I :lol: my DH!

We played basketball yesterday after lunch and my arms were killing me! Sometimes a few new moves can kick my butt. I haven't been on a basketball court in years. We used to play all the time. Girls against guys was always the best!

And, yes...I do drink my cals more than I should. I like coffee way more than Water, and when I get stuck but am still hungry, I'll have a shake. I want to try and shake the bad habits, and then get an unfill if that doesn't work.

Happy belated Easter all.

Way too much work; not enough self-motivation... kinda like losing weight -- still too much to lose and losing some of that newbie motivation now that the scale doesn't seem to want to budge at all!

Glouc, hope the fill helps you back on the weight loss train. I think I need a tweak too but I have a feeling my doc will frown at me since he didn't even want to give me that last fill a couple of months ago. He's right about quality of life but I'm having a bit of a hard time controlling portions. Not that I'm eating anywhere near what I used to eat, but I'm eating a lot more (plus I've been hitting the choc and candy hard).

Well, I had my doctor's appointment too. I am up 3 pounds since last week (down 4 from my previous appointment in March). They said I was eating a little too much so they scheduled a fill (they wouldn't give it to me today to get more money out of me). I will go back next week for a tweak. They said I am close to having 5 cc in my band (they won't tell me exactly how much). I guess we shall see what happens.

Mac-I think you should go for it. I know you can do it.

Ebony & Glouc-I miss food too. Especially when I am upset. That was my sedative. Now I am having to deal with emotions that I don't know how to cope with. I know I need to learn new coping mechanisms, but I haven't done it.

Beth & Ebony-Love Wolverine! I am not truly an X-Men fan from the comics, but I love Hugh Jackman (even if he is short). He gets that body into awesome shape!

HeatherO-I think you are right. If it is repackaged DS does like the Easter gifts. He enjoyed the candy that he got as long as it wasn't in a basket.

I hope that I didn't miss anyone. If I did, charge it to my head and not my heart!

Baby Shane Update:

Shane is doing much better. He is off the IV, feeding tube and lights. They have found a formula that he can tolerate so things are looking up! They told my sister today that they think he was born much earlier than 37 weeks - more like between 32 and 35. They say he may get to come home on Friday if he continues to progress as he has yesterday and today. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!

They said I am close to having 5 cc in my band (they won't tell me exactly how much). I guess we shall see what happens.

that would drive me INSANE....i sit next to my dr w/my chart and annoy the crap out of him w/my questions - DH barely talks at his appts so he laughs at me...

i'm still pretty high in my fill volume 7.2ccs - had been as high as 8.7 at one point, this last fill has been decent - but my brother brought every kind of potato chip this past wkend knowing i gave it up for lent. they are NO issue getting down, and i just fed about 100 birds w/the rest of the chips cause i have no RESTRAINT in that regard....have to be out of the house. :(

Baby Shane Update:

Shane is doing much better. He is off the IV, feeding tube and lights. They have found a formula that he can tolerate so things are looking up! They told my sister today that they think he was born much earlier than 37 weeks - more like between 32 and 35. They say he may get to come home on Friday if he continues to progress as he has yesterday and today. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!

good to hear - saw his new pic on fb; very sweet~!

Baby Shane Update:

That is so great CC! I know you all will be glad when he is out of the hospital and doing well on his own.

that would drive me INSANE....i sit next to my dr w/my chart and annoy the crap out of him w/my questions

It does drive me crazy. I would really like to know just for my own info. They are so determined to not have patients discussing how much they have to compare, that they go overboard with the hoarding of info. It chaps my cheeks.:(

good news is that when i first starting working out my % of body fat (trainer taken) was 37 - today it's 19.2%.

That's right where ya want to be (IMO)!! Lose much more bodyfat and you won't look like a woman. Side note - I am repulsed by those ultra-lowfat women. They look more like "men with vaginas".

PJTP: Omg, is this what restriction feels like?? I had my fourth fill on Thursday, and I just ate two scrambled eggs and I swear I feel full.

Yup. I eat two moderately soft scrambled eggs for Breakfast. Fills me up until the next meal.

+ - 3/5% difference only. was surprised myself.

Then your trainer must have really known what they were doing with the pincers. It's the variance of the skill levels between different trainers that worries me.

PJTP~On the subject of boobies. I've gone from having man boobs to actually having pecs. That is a good thing. However, as plain pointed out, ladies losing size is never a good thing in a man's eye.:o

Vindication! At last!

Most men don't care as long as they are allowed to......ahem......touch them.:(

Even more vindication! Yea me!

Can't wait for X-Men Origins next month

Oooh oooh!! Me too!!

One is the guy with the playing cards - his name is Gambit - he was NOT a part of the original X-Men comic series, but came in around the same time as the New Mutants - wonder how many of the 'new' characters will be from various parts of the comic series, but out-of-order, so to speak...

John Wraith, Maverick, Deadpool. Silver Fox. Those are just the ones I can name offhand. The movie looks super cool!! Yes, I'm a nerd.

Is it totally weird, or is it okay to like Sabertooth (Wolverine's arch-enemy)? I can't help it, I like big, tall, roughnecks!

Sabretooth is my fave. When we were newly married, my wife got me a very expensive (uh, for us) autographed Sabretooth comicbook for Christmas. I hope they give his movie character a little nuance (unlike the previous X-Men movies, where he is reduced to a thug that grows a lot).

It does drive me crazy. I would really like to know just for my own info.

Well, If you want to know, then I guess you should....but knowing the amount of fill you have is essentially worthless information.

Baby Shane Update:

Oh wow, that's GREAT!! I pray for a Friday homecoming too.

It does drive me crazy. I would really like to know just for my own info. They are so determined to not have patients discussing how much they have to compare, that they go overboard with the hoarding of info. It chaps my cheeks.:(

My doc too. This last fill on Thursday was the first time I ever asked where I was at. He responded, "In examining room 2 in Reston, Virginia." lol Then he said I went from 3.8 to 4.3. I told him to calm down, I was NOT comparing to anybody, I was just curious.

Well, If you want to know, then I guess you should....but knowing the amount of fill you have is essentially worthless information.

Yeah, that's what my doc says too. They must have a class on Fill Questions 101 that they all attend. :(

Drive by post: I'm sure I'm missing a bunch but I'll just have to catch up later.

Easter didn't go so good. First off the bat, I got stuck. I was trying to get us out of the house and grabbed a shake out of the fridge, grabbed my BP pill and acidopholis pill and first swallow, got stuck. Dammit! I know better! AND it was about 2 hours earlier than I normally eat AND I'd had a fill on Thurs, so I usually take better care to go slow. So instead of taking a drink and checking to see how things might go down, I slammed it all down at once. DH and DD went to church by themselves. I stayed home and PB'd my own saliva for the rest of the day. Finally some pill parts came up and later some grittiness but nothing would stay down. Was hoping that a good night's sleep would help. It did in that I could tell things were going thru the band BUT everything then came right back up.

I called my surgeon's nurse knowing he's in surgery all day on Mondays. She made me an appt for WEDNESDAYYY!!!! But said she'd talk to him when she could to see what he wanted her/us to do. This process is new to my facility and he's new to Kaiser AND they hadn't had an emergency yet so there was no plan of action. By mid-afternoon, I was puking bile. NOT good!

HE called me himself at 5PM. Nurse only heard I was now getting things thru, not the part that it was coming back up again! As soon as he heard that, he was mad. At her. Then he heard about the bile and ordered me in the car NOW! Well, lovely for me, I live ONE HOUR away. He was NOT happy.

Anyway, he completely unfilled me. All 6.5ccs. I came out of surgery with 1.5 already in my band so I'm actually starting back before surgery! I'm scared! He's not worried about a slip. Whew! I'm to do liquids for a day or so (I'll try to go a little longer) before re-introducing foods. I'll basically, be doing a shortened version of my post-op diet. Liquids, soft/mushies, then harder foods.

Oh! Then the nurse called my DH's cell phone and left a message. We were on the road and missed the call. She said DON'T go to urgent care, go to ER, then have him paged. They don't do that at ER, no matter what, you have to wait and see their docs first! We were there almost an hour when my surgeon came looking for us! His poor nurse is going to get an earful in the AM!!!!!

As soon as he took the fill out and sat me up, he had me drinking. I was so afraid to take that drink as much as I wanted it! He said, drink, no worries! I drank and drank and drank! And then it dawned on me! NO PAIN! I'd been in sooo much pain and it was gone immediately!! I've had 2 bottles of Water since 7PM and a bottle of chocolate milk (good for the electrolytes, plus nutrients) and am now working on a shake before I take my exhausted butt to bed!

Yesterday AM I weighed 182.6, this AM I weighed 177.4! NOT a recommended way to lose 5lbs! Wish I could keep the loss tho! I go see him again in 2 weeks and he'll start re-filling me.

So, that's my drama. Thought I'd share! I hope everything is okay with everyone. Have a great Tuesday and I'll try to catch up with everyone later!

'Night!

Well you said it was a sprint tri right? Take a mountain bike out on a course for, let's say, 20ish miles. Or even just the 12. Examine how you feel afterward and make your decision based on that. The swim and run portions are obvious not the deciding factor. Really I am sure you could do it if you tried it. You have enough fitness for it ya know?

I'm leaning towards doing this other tri a few weeks later. :( I'm going to talk to our track coach tomorrow and see what she says.