Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Any ideas for a nice Easter-ish dessert for a family dinner?

we usually do a pork roast or a rack of lamb - neither sounds good about now......so i'm open to ideas as well..??

I have been thinking about what to do for Easter dinner. It is just my husband and I so nothing big especially when I will only have three bites.

Instead, I hear bwa-chick-a-waw-waw. (song in Alvin from the chipmunks voice).:tt2:

SNT-You go girl!:sad:

Since I have no children, I'm not familiar with the Alvin version! At conference, however, a co-worker and I said "bow chicka bow bow" at any kind of double entendre or for just anything that we could make inappropriate.

Thank yewwww, thank you very much! <snap> Oh and he's a LOT younger than I am.

There are veins on the back of hands?!?! Guess I have a ways to go yet...sigh. Feet too?!?!? **Louder sigh***

I'm with ya on the hands but as much walking and standing as I have been doing, the veins on my feet are definitely showing!

Hope you Dad does well. And WAY TO GO on meeting this guy...of course, now we will all want to know ALL the details of the next encounter.

Thanks for the well wishes for dad!

You never know how a man will come through during possible future events so I'm still in the "eh, we'll see" mode but he said he wanted to see me 2-3x and made SURE that he had my info. Again, we'll see. It was late when I gave my info so I just gave him my email address. I'm so out of practice that I asked my brother last night if I should've given my cell too. He said probably but that when Sean emails to give them. So. out. of. practice!

CC - Hope the little guy improves. I was a soy-baby - the only result of that was that I never learned to like milk. I haven't had milk in my life...dairy products, yes, but milk by itself to drink or on Cereal or anything, nope. Can't stand the taste.

My brother is exactly the same way!!! He grew up eating Grape Nuts w/ no milk....crunch crunch crunch. Sounded like he was eating gravel.

I'm off to TN. Everyone have a good w/e...hopefully I'll be able to get on LBT some. :thumbup:

Good morning all. I slept like a rock last night. Can't imagine why....
we usually do a pork roast or a rack of lamb - neither sounds good about now......so i'm open to ideas as well..??

Pork roast or rack of lamb is a dessert?:thumbup::sad:

Pork roast or rack of lamb is a dessert?:tt2::sad:
Hey - ya gotta get in the Proteins, right? :thumbup:

ha!

DH has a new smoker & wants meat - but like cc said we'll take a few bites and be done; thankfully my youngest brother is a bottem less pit when it comes to food.< /p>

sorry SMS - w/the meat talk:)

**i just re-read that & it could have diff meaning:)**

we usually do a pork roast or a rack of lamb - neither sounds good about now.

Typically we have glazed ham, but perhaps turkey is the choice this year? As for dessert, I am thinking of a lemon chiffon cheesecake, and (because the nephews are chocaholics) some kind of chocolate concoction - but I don't know what. ideas anyone.

I have been thinking about what to do for Easter dinner. It is just my husband and I so nothing big especially when I will only have three bites.

CC - even when it is just DH and I, we cook the big dinners, and then the freezer and stockpots get used - creating soups/stews/lasagnas whatever... nothing like having portion size bags of shredded cooked chicken/ham/turkey in the freezer, or lots of Soups readymade, or potpies made etc.

One fun thing was that I met a (single) guy who was very fun to talk to...had the greatest Boston accent! And yes, there mighta been a little smoochfest. :sad: Very good for the ego. He's got to come down here for a business function in July; supposedly he wants to see me so we'll see. My FB folks - pleeeeease, do NOT mention this on FB. He knows a LOT of people at my org and this does not need to get around.

Way to go girl!!!

Nephew Update: The little guy is still in NICU. They took out his feeding tube for awhile but it has been put back in. He is not suckling hardly at all. His problems are caused by my sisters gestational diabetes. All of the tests have been negative. He is still under the lights for jaundice. His level was 18 and has only gone down to 17.5 so far. They sent in a speech pathologist to look at him, I guess she will help teach him how to suckle?? I dont really know. They have switched him to soy formula as he was vomitting up all the regular variety. He now has a bleeding butt from diaper rash. My sister is just beside herself! I think he will be fine eventually - he just needs some support in the hospital for awhile longer. Thank you everyone for keeping him in your thoughts and prayers! I hope to be ablet to get back to Colorado to meet him soon!

I am so sorry for this, I can understand your sister and your families distress. He is definitely a cute little guy and in my thoughts.

Well, no big plans here. Actually, who am I kidding, I am very excited because I get to move from Clear Liquids to full liquids on Sunday!! _excited__rvmp_by_bad_blood.gif I have been scouring the food forum here for full liquids recipes. I found one for a cheesecake Protein Shake that I am pretty darn excited about.

PJTP...I'm so glad its my Friday! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Work is weird - like everyone thought, it's a very strange atmosphere. The other folks in the office (managerial types) are staying away from me. No one's even said anything to me today except one person who asked for something to be copied. I guess during the managerial-types meeting yesterday I WAS the topic of conversation. It's sad, ya know...:sad:

I'm doing okay...sad more than anything else. I feel betrayed and stabbed in the back - especially since I considered this woman my friend-at-work. Not best friends by any stretch of the imagination, but at least friendly. THAT is definately over now...I'm keeping her at arm's length from now on. You don't get a chance to do that to me twice! :tt2:

Will document everything...extensively! Thanks to everyone for the advice and good wishes...I need them right now. I'm kinda depressed about the whole thing, but I put on my 'game face' and no one knows.

My fellow clericals in the back room are very offended on my behalf and keep asking how I'm doing. :thumbup: More than anything, right now I feel vulnerable...and it's not a feeling I enjoy.

Plain - thanks for the reminder about HR stuff - I'm going to check my contract and familiarize myself with the discipline progression - for me, knowledge is power, and I want to be sure I'm being treated fairly. I don't want special treatment, just want to be treated like anyone else would be...

I don't think that's too much to ask.

Hey - ya gotta get in the Proteins, right? :thumbup:

Solid point

ha!

DH has a new smoker & wants meat - but like cc said we'll take a few bites and be done; thankfully my youngest brother is a bottem less pit when it comes to food.< /p>

sorry SMS - w/the meat talk:)

**i just re-read that & it could have diff meaning:)**

You beat me to this.:sad:

My fellow clericals in the back room are very offended on my behalf and keep asking how I'm doing. :sad: I don't want special treatment, just want to be treated like anyone else would be...

I don't think that's too much to ask.

Ebony - At the risk of sounding paranoid....don't trust your fellow clericals tooo much; one of them may 'report' back to the boss on how you are doing - hoping to hear you say something negative.

It is very sad that you are in this situation, and certainly your desire to be treated fairly is NOT too much to ask!

Ebony - At the risk of sounding paranoid....don't trust your fellow clericals tooo much; one of them may 'report' back to the boss on how you are doing - hoping to hear you say something negative.

It is very sad that you are in this situation, and certainly your desire to be treated fairly is NOT too much to ask!

I hear ya, Tap...my 'paranoid radar' is up and active right now...no one hears anything but "I'm great! How are you?"

I've even kidded around and joked with the object of my disdain today - since she's so 'sensitive' to my being 'unwilling to accept feedback' I've made sure to treat her like any one else here in the office.

We'll see what a weekend away brings...I know for me, it will be VERY NICE to get out of here!:sad:

Ebony - I am sorry to hear it is so awkward at work! I totally agree with Tap - trust no one! You never know who is kissing butt and reporting back to the boss. {{{Big Hugs}}}

PJTP: For some reason my band is very tight today. I am having a hard time with soup!

PJTP...I am so NOT in a good mood!:sad::cursing::thumbup:

Just got back from the "meeting"...what it turned into was a bi*ch and moan session about my job performance. The past couple of weeks I've had a detail issue or two (lots of detail in this job) and I have slipped up a couple of times.

That turned into "serious performance issues" and then morphed into a "you don't take feedback well"...WTF???

Well, at least I know why I've had that pain in my right shoulder for the past few days, it's because of the knife sticking out of my back!

My supervisor took the opportunity to turn a couple of troubled days into a theme and made it seem like I don't do my job. I'm pissed, but resolute. I'll leave this place when I'm da*n good and ready, and no insecure idiot is gonna make me leave until then!

So it's strictly professional from this point forward, taking extra effort to dot the i's and cross the t's, and I DARE them to say anything else about my job performance!

I'm not happy, but now that I've calmed down, there was SOME validity to what they were saying - the past couple of weeks I've missed some details. It definately won't happen again, and I really don't think it had to go to this level.

My supervisor said she didn't feel comfortable giving me feedback because I didn't recieve it well. She's referring to ONE incident where she told me that I couldn't express that I had challenges with the job because someone else in the staff meeting did. That person is the favored one, and just because she says something doesn't mean the rest of us can...ooookay...so I didn't. I expressed a little concern about my work load after the favored one bit*hed and moaned, and that turned into "we have questions about your ability to do your job." When she finished with that statement I asked if she was done. She took that to mean I wasn't listening and didn't tell me any of the OTHER concerns they supposedly had. That was over a month ago, and she's had plenty of opportunity to tell me if they had performance issues with me. She did not - instead, she does it in this meeting. WTF?

Stuff that was brought up includes things that happened when I first started on the job in June of last year, which I thought had been covered already. Guess not...

I'll be watching my back more carefully from now on, and making sure my performance is at 100%, no matter what. Guess 90% isn't good enough...

Oh wow, Ebony, I'm SO sorry... It sounds very similar to my job situation, though they didn't have an issue with my performance -- only the favored child. I had often said if the favored child hatcheted my arms off, my judge would have yelled at ME and asked what I did wrong. It just became very untenable. I was miserable all the time and was grumpier than normal.

I'm still emotional about it... this morning I went in for a fill and told my doc's office that I had a change in insurance but didn't have a card yet from my husband's employer. When I told them who the carrier is, they said that that company does not support WLS -- which now means my fills will NOT be covered. :tt2:

I just stood there with my mouth hanging open, thinking of all the people who have posted here and said that their self-pay fills cost $700!! Luckily mine will only be $125, but still... I just sat down and filled out my paperwork in shock. The nurse began whispering with the receptionist, and then she called me over and said that they wouldn't charge me for my fill this time, and they will work with me on my future ones. I started bawling. It was very nice of them to do.