Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

I wouldn't doubt it. We do have family in California. hmmmm

Well if he pretended to be French Canadian but really wasn't and is German - well then you're getting warmer!

Yeah my Great Grandfather loved the Native and/or Mexican women too. He has lots of families all over the US and Canada... ROFL!!!!

Well if he pretended to be French Canadian but really wasn't and is German - well then you're getting warmer!

Yeah my Great Grandfather loved the Native and/or Mexican women too. He has lots of families all over the US and Canada... ROFL!!!!

hmmmm. Nope. ha ha Now, my uncle on the other hand.... My uncle supposedly had 27 children all over the US.

hey i got bambi's foot too - :smile:

can't help what the dogs bring in as souvenirs .,...

As for the souvenirs, I've had a few things dragged in to me over time - besides the assortment of (mostly) dead mice, birds, rabbits...altho' one dog brought in a fresh baked pie, still in the pan...

The lab brought in a fresh dead bird once and laid it on DD's bed. I could hear her make an "ugg" noise when she just thought it was a wet toy, then she got closer and I could hear the screams of disgust loud and clear.

I don't think the dog liked DD's reaction too well - she's never brought back another gift again. :) Lucky for us!

As a child, my uncle was a butcher and I used to "help". When I was really young, I wanted to save parts of Bambi and I saved the legs where he'd sawed them off at above the knee.

I saved them in a bag, and mysteriously the bag-'o-legs disappeared when I went to bed that night.

As a child, my uncle was a butcher and I used to "help". When I was really young, I wanted to save parts of Bambi and I saved the legs where he'd sawed them off at above the knee.

I saved them in a bag, and mysteriously the bag-'o-legs disappeared when I went to bed that night.

eww, that is so gross.

If this thread came to life I think I'd be institutionalized...some of the images (thanks Plain) are just toooooo much to handle IRL let alone adding the dramatic flourishes of dreams!

Ladies puh-leeze! Quit with the dreaming and fantasizing about me. I know it's tempting....But I'm just too damn sexy! *wets fingertip and places on hip, then makes sizzling sound*

I'm a little nervous delving into my family history. I'm not sure why.

Because you might find out that your family legally changed the family name from "Hitler"?

I am French / Creek / Jewish / Caucasian / African-American on my mother's side, and African-American / Choctaw / Caucasian / ? on my father's side.

My mother's side: German and first generation Australian immigrant

My dad's side: German and Cherokee

PJTP...

My apprehensions about my job seem to be dead on...I've just been told that there is a meeting scheduled tomorrow at 9:30 am with the Director of Human Resources for the part of the college that I work for, and that I am to attend.

It's about the "upcoming changes in my job description" (quote not exact) because we are moving from a paper application to an electronic one. I'm curious and wary, because a change to my job description should probably also have been cleared through our union. I fired off an email to my union person, and they will have someone there at the meeting with me. I'm sure that won't go over well, but at this point, and with all the changes going on around here, plus the history of acrimony between my employer and the unions, I'm not taking any chances.

I don't know what's going to happen, but I know I don't want to walk in there and get blindsided. I half-jokingly asked if I needed to wear my asbestos underwear, and when I got a confused look from my manager (she's from Trinidad and may not understand the phrase) I asked if I was in trouble. She didn't give me a really straight answer, just said that the meeting was to make sure that everyone was clear on expectations.

I'm VERY wary of this...not sure why the short notice, but I'm going in there loaded for bear, so to speak. I'm going to bring a copy of my latest performance review with me, and have a pad and pen for taking copious notes. Any changes that are to be made probably should be made in writing for the protection of all parties.

The fact that we're meeting with the HEAD of human resources and not the lower-level contact person that I always talk to on hr issues makes me very wary.

We'll see what happens...I'm wearing my power suit tomorrow for additional confidence! :smile:

Go in there with confidence and don't let them intimidate you! You're a pretty sharp chick.....you can seperate the bullsh*t from the legit. It would make me feel a little better knowing my meeting was with the head of HR. They generally know how to avoid the landmines.

PJTP~ Should I get an

Escalade, Denali XL, or Suburban!? I like them all

Hey, aren't you from Oregon? I thought everybody up there only drove hybrids? lololol

OMG! I would think we are related! Only my Grandfather changed the First three letters of his last name.

It's pretty common. My family had to change the surname from DerHugegenitals. It sounded too ethnic, so they changed it to Massivedaddyparts. Much better.

I can't go past two days with left overs. I shudder at the thought.

Same here. We really dislike "used food" in our house.

both great advice.!.

ptjp - i had oysters yesterday and the trippiest dreams ever. this thread came to life in it:)

need more coffee to wake up i guess - LOL

I thought oysters were aphrodisiacs, not dream makers?

Although DH and I are both from coastal locations, we are not big fish eaters. Real tuna/salmon are wonderful, and many of the white fish, but shellfish we can take or leave. For me, the flavor of shellfish is fine, it is the texture that I can't stand...sorta like garbage bags (or at least how I imagine they would be to chew).

The only "fish" I like is clam strips, Alaskan snow crab legs and tuna fish. I have a helluva craving for tuna fish right now.

PJTP...

My apprehensions about my job seem to be dead on...I've just been told that there is a meeting scheduled tomorrow at 9:30 am with the Director of Human Resources for the part of the college that I work for, and that I am to attend.:smile:

Ebony, I hope everything goes well tomorrow. Don't be intimidated by them and make sure you stand up for yourself.

PJTP~ Should I get an

Denali XL

It's pretty common. My family had to change the surname from DerHugegenitals. It sounded too ethnic, so they changed it to Massivedaddyparts. Much better.

Plain, once again you have left me nearly speechless. Speechless_Emoticon_by_homicidalxfish.gif

Now, will someone please get me some clear liquid tuna fish!

Ladies puh-leeze! Quit with the dreaming and fantasizing about me. I know it's tempting....But I'm just too damn sexy! *wets fingertip and places on hip, then makes sizzling sound*

Quick, someone pour Water on that sizzling sound!! He's gonna explode!

My mother's side: German and first generation Australian immigrant

My dad's side: German and Cherokee

Ahh so that's where the love of stirring comes from :smile:. It all makes sense now... :)
Yeah yeah, sure sure. Your granddaddy's name was Kwikovthamark, and you know it!

my big lab stole a smoked turkey right from a family reunion party. needless to say DH and i had to order pizzas for them...

That's a lab for you! **I miss my lab, but NO MORE PETS**

PJTP...Thanks for all the good wishes...rabbit's feet, lucky charms, prayers, influence from the ancestors and the elements, all are welcome! :mad: :smile: :wub:

I hope things went well...

I know my grandmother was married 9 times and I don't even know who my real grandfather was. Then both of my parents followed the same trend and now have been married 4 times each. I have multiple siblings that I know are out there but don't really know and none of my parents keep in touch with them.

Beyond belief! My family back for the 6 generations they have been in this country (mat and pat) are both of the 1 marriage lasting 50 or more years. My parents almost made it to that, but my father died 3 weeks before their 50th.

. When I was really young, I wanted to save parts of Bambi and I saved the legs where he'd sawed them off at above the knee.

:mad::)

My family had to change the surname from DerHugegenitals. It sounded too ethnic, so they changed it to Massivedaddyparts. Much better.
Yeah yeah, sure sure. Your granddaddy's name was Kwikovthamark, and you know it!

:wub:

Morning everyone...the sun is shining, and the snow has finally stopped...2 days AFTER it started! It appears that yesterday was NOT Wednesday...which was quite a shock to me this morning as I was bubbly in anticipation of being off tomorrow! :smile:

PJTP~ Should I get an

Definately an Escalade - with 24-in spinner rims! :wub:

Okay, that's just NOT the mental image I need at 8:22 am EST! :)

Go in there with confidence and don't let them intimidate you! You're a pretty sharp chick.....you can seperate the bullsh*t from the legit. It would make me feel a little better knowing my meeting was with the head of HR. They generally know how to avoid the landmines.

Thanks for the tips, Plain - confidence has not been my strong suit all my life, but since I turned 40 I've adopted a take-no-sh*t attitude, and I'm definately taking THAT into the meeting this morning! :mad:

ROFLMBO...:mad::lol::wub::lol:

Oh Fanny - that's just PERFECT! :lol:

Came in to work this morning and found a note from my supervisor: "I was told that I was not clear enough in my description of the meeting. We will be meeting to discuss your performance in the position."

WTF?????

More updates after the meeting - this is really getting my dander up! :smile:

eww, that is so gross.

I KNOW! I was a wacked little kid.

Morning everyone...the sun is shining, and the snow has finally stopped...2 days AFTER it started! It appears that yesterday was NOT Wednesday...which was quite a shock to me this morning as I was bubbly in anticipation of being off tomorrow! :)

:wub: It's supposed to be up to 80 here today, according to my phone blippy that gives the weather.

PJTP - Last night I flipped out on DD. We went for a bike ride, came home and she went to the park w/her friends. (The park is one block down, where the community pool is and I can see it from the house.)

I went inside and took a shower, changed into "comfy clothes" and started dinner. I saw that I had missed her phone call by seconds, so I hit return call and NOTHING. I called her over and over and over. I sent a text - nothing. I thought, she'd just called me, so what had happened?

So, I'm calling, calling, calling and getting my shoes on, grabbing my keys, getting in the car. I can see the park and I see her 2 friends that she had been with walking on the other side, but no DD.

So, I drive around the corner and she's sitting on the far side of the park (the part I can't see) and just laughing and having a good time. I call one more time, then put the car in park and start to get out.

Another friend of hers saw me and she pointed, then DD looked her phone. Next thing, my phone is ringing. I told her to come home NOW. (She is SO lucky I didn't make it to her in front of her little friends. She'd have hated me for years over what I would have done.) :smile:

So...I went home, she came home and I gave her a list of chores to do. She asked why and I said because when I call, you answer. She asked if she could just get a warning instead of this punishment, and I said, "Oh, child. Child. Child.... THIS IS THE WARNING!!!" :mad:

Duh!

The lab brought in a fresh dead bird once and laid it on DD's bed. I could hear her make an "ugg" noise when she just thought it was a wet toy, then she got closer and I could hear the screams of disgust loud and clear.

I don't think the dog liked DD's reaction too well - she's never brought back another gift again. :smile: Lucky for us!

Eww really..u want to save bags of legs..ok I love ya hun but lets not tell anyone else about this.

I was, I think, 3 or 4 at the time...so I blame my strange little child ID on that one. I vaguely remember the legs, but I do remember it.

I also picked up the severed head from the ground and talked to it, telling him he'd be fine. I was told I kissed it, too. I don't remember that one, but my uncle and his friends loved telling me that story.

All. The. Time.

Talk about embarassing your 16 year old niece with her new boyfriends!

Came in to work this morning and found a note from my supervisor: "I was told that I was not clear enough in my description of the meeting. We will be meeting to discuss your performance in the position."

WTF?????

More updates after the meeting - this is really getting my dander up! :smile:

I hope all goes well.

PJTP - Last night I flipped out on DD. We went for a bike ride, came home and she went to the park w/her friends. (The park is one block down, where the community pool is and I can see it from the house.)

I went inside and took a shower, changed into "comfy clothes" and started dinner. I saw that I had missed her phone call by seconds, so I hit return call and NOTHING. I called her over and over and over. I sent a text - nothing. I thought, she'd just called me, so what had happened?

So, I'm calling, calling, calling and getting my shoes on, grabbing my keys, getting in the car. I can see the park and I see her 2 friends that she had been with walking on the other side, but no DD.

So, I drive around the corner and she's sitting on the far side of the park (the part I can't see) and just laughing and having a good time. I call one more time, then put the car in park and start to get out.

Another friend of hers saw me and she pointed, then DD looked her phone. Next thing, my phone is ringing. I told her to come home NOW. (She is SO lucky I didn't make it to her in front of her little friends. She'd have hated me for years over what I would have done.) :)

So...I went home, she came home and I gave her a list of chores to do. She asked why and I said because when I call, you answer. She asked if she could just get a warning instead of this punishment, and I said, "Oh, child. Child. Child.... THIS IS THE WARNING!!!" :mad:

Duh!

Glou - your DD should be glad you didn't 'knock her into next week'...my mothers expression!

What she said!