Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Prayers said for baby Shane.

G4E, the job is going great, I love it so far, I am VERY busy, and the time goes by fast.

I had a fill 2 weeks ago today, and with working, I am not around to graze here and there! I keep something to sip on at my desk or in the lab, but nothing else!! The receptionist has Cookies, or candy open on her desk all the time, and always offers, but I refuse, and refuse to EVER accept!!! LOL She is pregnant, she has lost 79 pounds over the last 2 years on WW---but is going hog wild with the pregnancy, like she has just cause now....I keep trying to nicely say she really does not have to eat for 2....especially since she is all of like 2 months pregnant!!!

Susan, glad to see you!!! Will try to get over to FB and check on your adventure!!!

My DH is a lot like Lu's. He buys me things, whether they be romantic or practical, at odd times. I know he will bring me something back from TX----but usually it is just any day. As for the "have to" holidays....we pretty much don't do them!! Our birthdays are 2 weeks apart, so we usually decide on something we would like, and go buy it together. Our Anniversary and Valentines Day we try to make plans to go somewhere, for a quick weekend trip. Sometimes he will surprise me by having a destination in mind, rather than us go back and forth with the "where should we go....I don't care" thing!!! Christmas, we always buy together, but we do stuff one anothers Christmas stockings and they have to be romantic, fun things.

I love the trips...we might not have someTHING to show for them, but we have wonderful memories, and it is so nice to be away from the phones and duties of home for just a couple of days. We love going away that way....besides hotel/motel lovin' is ALWAYS fun!!! And in my opinion it beats the heck out of gravel in the driveway!!! ESPECIALLY when you are really hoping for a different kind of rock!

Well it is time for a shower and bed! Will check in on all of you tomorrow night!!

Fanny's Outback News Post :(

Today we had the official opening of the new Mine-To-Mill Conveying System, taking the first Underground diamond-bearing ore up to the surface Processing Plant. As the mine is on traditional Aboriginal land (under lease from the Traditional Owners), the opening ceremony took the form of a Muntha - an Aboriginal "Welcome and Blessing" ceremony. The mine is on an area that is sacred to the women of one of the local tribes, therefore all the ceremonies are run by and performed by the women elders.

I've picked out a few of the most representative pics below, but if anyone wants to see the full set, use this Slideshow link.

muntha10-Conveyor.jpg

Muntha04-Ceremony.jpg

Muntha05-Ceremony.jpg

Muntha08-Ceremony.jpg

Muntha11-Ceremony.jpg

Haircut-Day2-02-1.jpgHaircut-Day2-03.jpg

The new 'do is HOT!

*rant* I hate it when people post on a thread that they haven't bothered to read all gazillion + pages and are commenting on the very first post. Esp. when the thread itself started a YEAR AGO and tho it's an ongoing thread, it's progressed as such that the OP[ost] isn't worth commenting on with ADVICE on how to proceed!!!!!! It's already PROCEEDED!!!!!! Read the WHOLE thing so your comments are CURRENT to what is happening TODAY!!!!!!! :( *rant over*

Heehee....I hate that too, but it's a little funny. I also hate / laugh at the first timers that post sooooo earnestly on the PJTP thread. Example:

Hey guys, I was banded on April 5th and I'm still in a lot of pain! Did anybody else go through this? Help!

G4 - I know exactly what you mean about the chewing - I wonder how long it take to become habit?

Purse? Who carries a purse? I walk to/from or take public transit to work and I take my lunch with coffee thermos, so why would I need a purse or wallet? The only time I take one anywhere is if I am going out for a special event and then it is a little black bag with $20, ATM card, (licence and keys if I am the dd). Nothing else is needed. If I have to go shopping (which means taking the car), then my license and 'magic money card' goes in my jeans pocket. Don't carry a cell or PDA either.

Tap, are you Amish?

I'm really looking forward to it, too. It's going to be a blast. LJM and Trey, are y'all coming too?

I'm seriously thinking about it. There's a fairly decent chance. The only thing is, it's almost a 6 hr drive.......so if another social obligation comes up, y'all will prolly get "bumped". It sounds so much harsher than it is, yikes! I'm hoping I get to attend, it sounds like a blast!!

It gets worse. She is a house wife, but he does the cooking and cleaning. He has to call her for permission to change his off days at work. It is a very strange relationship.

Ummmm, I think maybe he's getting some thrill out of being treated so harshly...

The new 'do is HOT!
Aww thanks :(
Ummmm, I think maybe he's getting some thrill out of being treated so harshly...

LOL! We probably DON'T want to know how she treats him at home... I'm getting images of shackles and a set of stocks, a la the Pulp Fiction "Zed" scene :blink:.

LOL! We probably DON'T want to know how she treats him at home... I'm getting images of shackles and a set of stocks, a la the Pulp Fiction "Zed" scene :(.

I'm pretty sure she prolly brings out "the gimp".

Aww thanks :(

LOL! We probably DON'T want to know how she treats him at home... I'm getting images of shackles and a set of stocks, a la the Pulp Fiction "Zed" scene :blink:.

I'm pretty sure she prolly brings out "the gimp".

You two are so bad. I couldn't help but laugh (even before wake up coffee).:beer_yum:

Morning all!

Smith - hope you are feeling better

Fanny - pics were nice to see

Plain - no, not amish, nor a luddite!

Kat - glad you are enjoying the job; DH and I aren't much for going away for the weekend - we are homebodies.

Ebony/Beth - DH has just started into geneology; his new mac family program has become his addiction - well that, and the online vital statistics and church records...

Mac - I couldn't access the pics, but congrats on reaching goal.

Slim - I'd be leaving brochures on abusive relationships, and independent living around for your co-worker to find!

Morning...

I'm trying to feel better about Princess, but I came in this morning to emails in our shared inbox that came in right after I left yesterday (4:47 was the first one) Not one was even opened.

I'm already pb'ing my Breakfast shake.< /p>

And, I'm chanting my karma mantra to the Rocky theme (last post wins got to me).

Glou - even if you like your coworker, you HAVE to talk with her. This kind of stress is NOT healthy - PBing a breakfast shake is not the way to start the day!

Slim - I'd be leaving brochures on abusive relationships, and independent living around for your co-worker to find!
Glou - even if you like your coworker, you HAVE to talk with her. This kind of stress is NOT healthy - PBing a breakfast shake is not the way to start the day!

both great advice.!.

ptjp - i had oysters yesterday and the trippiest dreams ever. this thread came to life in it:)

need more coffee to wake up i guess - LOL

ptjp - i had oysters yesterday and the trippiest dreams ever. this thread came to life in it:)

If this thread came to life I think I'd be institutionalized...some of the images (thanks Plain) are just toooooo much to handle IRL let alone adding the dramatic flourishes of dreams!

Raw or cooked? I can handled them cooked, but raw? Never have been able to do it. What happened in the dream????

It's not really her I'm upset with. She's lazy, that's fine...I spend a lot of time online, so it's not really that. It's the wall the managers put up between us. They cater to her, but not the other two of us here. They really bend over backwards to make sure she's happy, they'll take her to events and make it obvious that if the manager was to leave, she'd be next.

That's not her fault...it's theirs. People do what they're allowed to get away with, and she's allowed to get away with more. If they're turning a blind eye, and I talk to her what if she feels like I crossed the line? Then what?

Either she'll think I'm out of line and "tattle" on me, or she'll brush me off. Either way, she's not giving up time with her kids at home because I don't like her hours.

That's the sucky part. It's my thing to try to deal with for my own.

DH says just be happy that I have my online time while she's getting away with murder. It does appease my guilt, so I really need to just deal with it internally and try to calm down.

I'm really not a morning person anyway and coming into a pile of work that she avoided last night pisses me off.

BUT. I am just the "backup" for her. Technically, I don't have to do it. I'm just kind of anal, and end up doing it anyway - again - my own issues to work out.

I've babbled...sorry ya'll!

Back to fish (yes...fish is alway revelant, even 5 million pages later!) :(

Raw or cooked? I can handled them cooked, but raw? Never have been able to do it. What happened in the dream????)

raw - in the dream we were making fish :(:lol: - yes after 5million pages.

re coworker - DH made a good point; if you can use part of the day to surf & play w/out issue go ahead.

not the same situation but me and a colleague shared the same customer - but because i had no kids, i was the one on the road all the time, while she worked from home in her jammies taking care of kids. i decided that i would only travel during business hours - not take calls after 6, and never on the wkend. it wasn't my style; but that line in the sand forced my boss to have her handle during those hours while i lived out of suitcase.