Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Everybody break out the paper streamers, the confetti, the toy plastic horns. Frust8 passed her psych reevaluation, going for the gold metal and the 5 little tummy slits and to become,a kangaroo+(cause kangaroos have pouches) maybe-ish June? 😝👍😝

40 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

Everybody break out the paper streamers, the confetti, the toy plastic horns. Frust8 passed her psych reevaluation, going for the gold metal and the 5 little tummy slits and to become,a kangaroo+(cause kangaroos have pouches) maybe-ish June? 😝👍😝

Congratulations!

Everybody break out the paper streamers, the confetti, the toy plastic horns. Frust8 passed her psych reevaluation, going for the gold metal and the 5 little tummy slits and to become,a kangaroo+(cause kangaroos have pouches) maybe-ish June?

Congrats!!!

I had my monthly check in today and hit my goal weight! They also said that I just need the pulmonary letter and cardiologist letter and I’m set! And I’ve done the sleep study and recently had cardiological exams so those should be coming soon! They said to start thinking about dates... ahhhhhh!!!!!!

Tah rah rah boom de Ay- We all got good news today!📣🔆📣

Everybody break out the paper streamers, the confetti, the toy plastic horns. Frust8 passed her psych reevaluation, going for the gold metal and the 5 little tummy slits and to become,a kangaroo+(cause kangaroos have pouches) maybe-ish June? [emoji13][emoji106][emoji13]

Congratulations!! [emoji322][emoji322]

1 hour ago, Frustr8 said:

Congrats!

I am joining in too. I have my last weigh in on 5/8, I have my pre op group meeting tomorrow, I have a sleep study on 5/2 and cardio clearance on 5/4. After that everything should be sent to my insurance. My urgeon told me I should be looking at a late May or early June surgery date.

Ill be having surgery around the end july early august as well i go for my egd the 8th and have 3 more weigh ins till they can send it through the insurance. Im super excited but also nervous as it gets closer to the end of this beginning journey.

Sent from my LGLS755 using BariatricPal mobile app

36 minutes ago, Tinainjax said:

I am joining in too. I have my last weigh in on 5/8, I have my pre op group meeting tomorrow, I have a sleep study on 5/2 and cardio clearance on 5/4. After that everything should be sent to my insurance. My urgeon told me I should be looking at a late May or early June surgery date.

Welcome Tinajax, you are getting so close!

10 minutes ago, kekevsg1122 said:

Ill be having surgery around the end july early august as well i go for my egd the 8th and have 3 more weigh ins till they can send it through the insurance. Im super excited but also nervous as it gets closer to the end of this beginning journey.

Hi kekev, welcome!I'm hoping for late August or early Sept.

I'm really hoping for early September but who knows. I did my seminar online way earlier this month. Then scheduled my consultation with the surgeon that's not until May 23. My insurance does not require me to do any program (3months or 6months) however the place I am going to requires 3 months with a nutritionist (once a month).

On 4/25/2018 at 1:40 PM, Frustr8 said:

23 hours ago, insta_adventurer said:

Congrats!!!

I had my monthly check in today and hit my goal weight! They also said that I just need the pulmonary letter and cardiologist letter and I’m set! And I’ve done the sleep study and recently had cardiological exams so those should be coming soon! They said to start thinking about dates... ahhhhhh!!!!!!

Wooo Hooo - Excited for you both!!!

19 hours ago, Tinainjax said:

Awesome - you could have your date any day now!!

18 hours ago, kekevsg1122 said:

We could be surgery twins - this is the same time frame I'm looking at!

17 hours ago, Brittbrat said:

I'm really hoping for early September but who knows. I did my seminar online way earlier this month. Then scheduled my consultation with the surgeon that's not until May 23. My insurance does not require me to do any program (3months or 6months) however the place I am going to requires 3 months with a nutritionist (once a month).

That waiting for the first meeting with the surgeon is brutal. Spend a lot of time here to keep your mind of the time. :)

I've been busy this week so here are my updates.

Psych eval was easy. We chatted for awhile, she asked about the support I have, what I've done in the past to lose weight, what my plans are for post-surgery in terms of healthy habits. Had a quick discussion about my health history and that was it. She didn't tell me at the end if I passed or not but I can't imagine I didn't. I plan on checking in with my surgeon next week to see if they've received the green light from her.

This morning I had my annual visit with my PCP. My surgeon had already sent over the info to her about the surgery so that was nice to not have to re-explain everything to her. I wouldn't call her supportive, but she didn't try to dissuade me in any way. It was more of just her glossing over it and confirming the tests I needed done for the surgery. She did my blood work and an EKG (which was the quickest EKG in history).

Next step is my dietician appt in 2 weeks. That's the last major hurdle to get over so I can start discussing dates for the surgery.

On 4/22/2018 at 7:34 AM, crystal649 said:

I had my first Dr. Visit in October. I immediately finished all the pre op appointments ie psych evaluation, meeting the nutritionist. I just finished my 6 month supervised diet last Monday and now I’m just waiting to hear back from insurance so I can schedule my surgery. My Dr. Is shooting for June and I’m having gastric bypass.

I think I missed welcoming you to the group, so welcome!!