Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Surgery Buddies. I should have my surgery the 2nd or 3rd week of July. I had my first nutrtion appt. Last week. Per my insurance i have to do 3 in all . But I'm so very nervous and time is going. So like a 🐌.. 😁. How are you doing?

3 minutes ago, Camme said:

Hello Surgery Buddies. I should have my surgery the 2nd or 3rd week of July. I had my first nutrtion appt. Last week. Per my insurance i have to do 3 in all . But I'm so very nervous and time is going. So like a 🐌.. 😁. How are you doing?

I am on month 4 of my 6 month physician directed weight loss that my insurance requires and I feel like time is moving super slow as well! I feel like I'm ready to just do it...lol I have had my initial nutrition consult, my psych eval and a m at a stand still until July 24th when my pcp appts are done and the surgeon submits for approval. :(

Hello people well my doc say I should be scheduled in July or August also....I had my first visit with doctor Samuel bledsoe, heart hospital in little rock ar....I found him myself made appointment to see him on April 23rd 2018.....I had appointment with my personal doctor on Mày 4th for refferal of sleep test and have appointment tomorrow with cardiologist.....I live in Texarkana Arkansas which is 2 hours away so they are working g hand in hand with my doctor to get most of the requirements done here and then records sent to him .....my next visit to L.R. will be June 1st on that day I have appointments with nutritionist and someone else but I do think remember who lol. Medicare and Medicaid are paying for everything I don't think I will be paying anything out of pocket...I had back surgery in July 2016 but still have many problems ....it had cause mu whole life to change at 58 I feel like I am 78 so this is to have a better life ....oh yeah high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes insulin depended......I can hardly wait for the journey to beging right now I am in the mist of a 3month required diet but that's ok I am willing to do whatever it takes still have to psych eval also but knocking it out one by one so said all this to say I would love to be you buddy.

Sent from my Z981 using BariatricPal mobile app

On 4/30/2018 at 4:30 PM, ByeFelicia said:

Anyone having their operation in June? My date is June 7th, and I'd love to talk to other June sleevers so we can pass the time together!!

My last appointment for my pre-op diet is on the 18th. My insurance just changed on May 1st so I will be paying more than I would have originally. I’m still super excited that my time is getting close.

Hi all. I’m new and looking at surgery sometime in July/Aug. First Dr. appt was 3/28. Still in the middle of insurance requirements.

I have my 5th visit with dietician Thursday, I have to do 6 in total per my insurance company. I've been told they're sending in the pre-d and stuff after this appointment on Thursday so I'm hoping for surgery in July or August. I've already purchased some Protein products to taste test and see what I like. I'm doing the sleeve. CW 287, I'm 5'7" and 33 years old. So excited to finally feel comfortable in my own skin again! Congrats and good luck to everyone!

Luella

3 hours ago, Bellasoo said:

My last appointment for my pre-op diet is on the 18th. My insurance just changed on May 1st so I will be paying more than I would have originally. I’m still super excited that my time is getting close.

That stinks. Do you have to pay for a portion of the surgery (80/20 or 90/10)? I'm just glad that your new insurance will cover it. Does it have the same pre-op requirements as the previous insurance? 29 days and counting for me. I'm getting excited and nervous at the same time. Good luck to you!!

4 minutes ago, ByeFelicia said:

That stinks. Do you have to pay for a portion of the surgery (80/20 or 90/10)? I'm just glad that your new insurance will cover it. Does it have the same pre-op requirements as the previous insurance? 29 days and counting for me. I'm getting excited and nervous at the same time. Good luck to you!!

I now have a $2500 out of pocket maximum and a 10% surgical copay. Previously, I would have paid about $325 at the most. I was told the surgical copay is everything involved with the surgery. It wouldn’t be so bad but my AC just went out and my little dog needs surgery. This is all going to wipe me out.

Edited to add: Thankfully it does have the same requirements!

Edited by Bellasoo

I have about 3 months left before I finish but I don't know exactly when I will actually make the date for my surgery due to fall being very hectic for me and the hubs.

Sent from my SM-T380 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi there TeresaGraham ARGrannie, which a long title. I'm in Central,Ohio, I am 72 and will,be having RnY in Columbus Ohio this summer. I am hopeful it still will be June at the Ohio State University Hospital -Werner Medical Center.
If I remember my US geography correctly you are on the Texas- Arkansas border. Must be a very fine area to live in.
If you have any questions any,of us can help with, just ask. You will find We are all your friends on here. Welcome Again.

Hahahaha I know it's a long name but all I could think of...and yes you are correct Texas is right across the street if you to the old post office and stand in front one foot will be in AR and one in Texas........I am glad to be meeting someone older because most of journeys I have seen are people in their 20 or 30's.....I saw cardiologist today but he wants me to come to little rock for a stress test because I was a heavy smoker.....I want this so bad I have quit.....but I still keep a pack in my purse I haven't thrown it away yet it's like a best friend to me and it's make me feel better to know it's there .....it know that sounds crazy but I have been smoking for me 38 years ....this is the first thing that has ever motivated me to quit ....so ya pray for me and thanks for the welcome

Sent from my Z981 using BariatricPal mobile app

I am approved by my insurance. I was just there Friday for my 3 hour appt with the nutritionist and a bunch of doctors. My psych evaluation is June 4th. I’m in my 5th month so it’s a little a frustrating that it takes so long. I’m approved. Then a month between psych eval. Then another month til meeting the surgeon to give me a date a month later. I’m like ugh. It’s so much waiting [emoji20] it’s also a little annoying when someone says “your not fat enough” i weight 215. But i am only 5 feet tall. So I’m 100 pounds over weight. I know I’m over weight when i debate leaving my house because i don’t want to see anyone i know. I know my body best and i know I’m so unhappy.

Welcome @ shortmocha, congratulations,on your June 25th. date. Bless Cigna for approving you, you may find you have a surgery day twin,on here. God Bless.😛