Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 hour ago, ALFxRNY said:

Finally got my date. Will definitely be a summer surgery. June 28th!

Yay! Congrats!

On 05/17/2018 at 15:29, Chrisb428 said:

Yay! Congrats!

Thanks Chris! I’m so excited!

On 04/25/2018 at 15:40, Frustr8 said:

Everybody break out the paper streamers, the confetti, the toy plastic horns. Frust8 passed her psych reevaluation, going for the gold metal and the 5 little tummy slits and to become,a kangaroo+(cause kangaroos have pouches) maybe-ish June? 😝👍😝
Why am I just seeing this? Anyway! Congrats Frust8! One step closer! 🎉🎉🎉

28 minutes ago, ALFxRNY said:
50 minutes ago, Chrisb428 said:

Yay! Congrats!

Thanks Chris! I’m so excited!

I get so excited for everyone! Feels like its taking me forever. Ready for my turn...lol I do, however, love reading the experiences all of u have before me. This site literally prepares u for just about anything I think!

Edited by Chrisb428
Typo

Hello everyone. New here. Scheduled for sleeve on 5 22. Anxious but ready.

Hi guys and gals, it's me the Frust8 kid. Along with the" Do they want me or Not?" "Will they perform my surgery or not?"trains of thought , I now have a new one, my landlord Algeron the Absent, the one who lives 10-15 from the next states border, and would like to unload this house, not in the best condition, on me or someone else, his wife wants(and I sorta understand) any income coming in spent on their own mini-place and not repairs to my house. Have had a couple months I haven't been able to pay full amount and save any money for transport for when my surgery comes. So yes I'm a little behind, now I'dsinging an eviction song. I should start another heading on BP, "And the Next Shoe to Drop will be..." so I've got relocation as a worry too. To pay myself up to date would take what I have saved plus going to one of those "Check into Cash" places, once you get involved with them it takes a lot to get them paid back and free yourself. In the old days, there were older relatives who would lend you money, now I am the older generation and basically poor as a church mouse! What to do? I'm not in the dark yet but my last poor lightbulb is flickering today. Nothing that nobody else hasn't
faced and I may still come up with a way out, but Geesh What Next?

My surgery date got bumped up to June 11th!

Just pending insurance approval, fingers crossed!! I am so excited for our new journey. I know we can all do this!

Congradulations!! Good Luck

:)

On 5/7/2018 at 8:58 PM, TeresaGrahamARGrannie said:

Hello people well my doc say I should be scheduled in July or August also....I had my first visit with doctor Samuel bledsoe, heart hospital in little rock ar....I found him myself made appointment to see him on April 23rd 2018.....I had appointment with my personal doctor on Mày 4th for refferal of sleep test and have appointment tomorrow with cardiologist.....I live in Texarkana Arkansas which is 2 hours away so they are working g hand in hand with my doctor to get most of the requirements done here and then records sent to him .....my next visit to L.R. will be June 1st on that day I have appointments with nutritionist and someone else but I do think remember who lol. Medicare and Medicaid are paying for everything I don't think I will be paying anything out of pocket...I had back surgery in July 2016 but still have many problems ....it had cause mu whole life to change at 58 I feel like I am 78 so this is to have a better life ....oh yeah high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes insulin depended......I can hardly wait for the journey to beging right now I am in the mist of a 3month required diet but that's ok I am willing to do whatever it takes still have to psych eval also but knocking it out one by one so said all this to say I would love to be you buddy.

Sent from my Z981 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hello everyone i only have to do 3 nutrition classes. No other requirements And my doctor stated he will submit the paper work the last day and that will take 7 to 14 days. I'm excited. Will finish my last

On 5/14/2018 at 5:09 PM, Trixie82 said:

I officially have a surgery date! June 20th

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Yay!

I was trying to catch up but there are SO many scheduled surgery dates I lost count. But it's awesome so congrats to all!

Anyone opposed to me creating a list of all the surgery dates so we can match people up in the same time period??

I'm thinking I could post it on the very first post of the thread so it's easily found and wouldn't get lost in all the posts.

Has perfect logic to me, and thank you @Yllime for being this topic' s founder🌈, certainly a lot of people have responded., haven't they?😝

I just finished my last appointment and now I get to wait for the call. I’m so excited.

14 minutes ago, Bellasoo said:

I just finished my last appointment and now I get to wait for the call. I’m so excited.

Congrats bellasoo!

On 5/9/2018 at 5:36 PM, savannah_Lee said:

I am approved by my insurance. I was just there Friday for my 3 hour appt with the nutritionist and a bunch of doctors. My psych evaluation is June 4th. I’m in my 5th month so it’s a little a frustrating that it takes so long. I’m approved. Then a month between psych eval. Then another month til meeting the surgeon to give me a date a month later. I’m like ugh. It’s so much waiting it’s also a little annoying when someone says “your not fat enough” i weight 215. But i am only 5 feet tall. So I’m 100 pounds over weight. I know I’m over weight when i debate leaving my house because i don’t want to see anyone i know. I know my body best and i know I’m so unhappy.

I was recently in one of my nutrition classes and there were two ladies behind me that struck up a conversation. One said to the other, "You don't even look like you belong here." I think she meant it as a compliment but I thought it was incredibly rude. Everyone carries their weight differently, everyone is here for a different/personal reason, and I would never presume to know what personal decision led them to the decision to have WLS.

On 5/11/2018 at 2:13 PM, chicagogirl74 said:

Hi-

I am hoping for a late summer surgery but I did not pass my psych eval :( mostly because I was too honest.

Much better to be honest now to get the help you need instead of having to do that after the surgery when you're trying to make a drastic lifestyle change. I know how frustrating it can be to have a bump in the road but I think you'll be happier in the long run!

1 hour ago, Frustr8 said:

Has perfect logic to me, and thank you @Yllime for being this topic' s founder🌈, certainly a lot of people have responded., haven't they?😝

Yes, I love the size of this group. We'll have so much support here!

And I have been pretty upfront about my seeking WKS at such a traditional age. Recently for not the first time I was told I am old and foolish for doing this at my age, another who I thought was close to me drew,back, and let fly with. "By this time in life you should have come to terms with the way you are and should not be rocking the boat", am I understanding this correctly, did she just say Shut up, Sit Down and Die? Funny up until this point I had counted her as friend? Anybody want to give me any feedback?😙