Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 05/20/2018 at 18:31, Momtokaitlyn said:

Hey everyone I have a surgery date of July 2nd! I'm so excited!!!

Congrats!!! 🎉🎉🎉

Congrats! That is an awesome way of ending the month!

Thanks! This has been an very unexpected blessing!

My surgery June 4th. Today is the first official preop diet day.

Ohhh. Good Luck. I only have to do 7 days. I started grocery shopping today for Pre and post op week one. NOT looking forward to it.

7 hours ago, sharaimonique said:

My surgery June 4th. Today is the first official preop diet day.

Mine too. Today was an interesting day with lunch, I forgot to take my shaker and the Protein Powder didn’t quite mix as well as it could have. Made for a chewy Soup lols

Hi Everyone! It's looking like my surgery will take place in July or August. I think I'm starting to get nervous. I've done all my classes, had all my nurse/dietician visits, psych clearance, sleep study, EKG, and support group. Right now, I'm waiting on my CPAP to be delivered, which has been absolutely awful because of the medical supply company I have to go through (Tip: Avoid Apria Healthcare at all costs).

I just have to use the CPAP for 2 weeks, and do my liquid diet class then we're all set!

I'm so ready. The only worries I have are recovery/pain/figuring out who will have my kids while I'm down. Thank goodness school will be out so I won't have to do so much running around for them. :D

I have Lincare, they have been super, not one problem anywhere. The tech, Chico, who taught me the little ins-and-outs my sleep, lab forgot, clear through the misc. little monthly changes of. nose pads and filters. The new items are here just when promised, they check,with me monthly to make sure everything ok. Now if my bariatric care team functions as well I will be a super happy camper.😛

On 04/26/2018 at 17:14, newme1962 said:

I am telling my family (including extended family) and so far only one friend . I am generally a private person and don’t want to have to deal with criticism and opinions when it’s obviously no one’s business, but my own.

I also know many women at work who are obese and may be very curious. On the one hand, some may be very supportive of me and happy for me, while others may be very insecure and jealous . I would not want to deal with any of that kind of negativity . I would rather focus on myself and Celebrate my life decision which I hope will have a huge positive impact on my life .

At the same time, though, I may feel a sense of obligation to share my surgery details with someone who is struggling as much as I have with weight. The empathetic person I am may not be able to not share the details of my weight loss.

What does everyone else plan to do , tell or not tell?

I was really nervous telling my husband...he is on the other side of the planet right now...his ex wife had bypass years ago and she failed terribly and it enhanced her already changing personality (not in a good way) and she is now a bad alcoholic (she already had an unhealthy relationship with food and needed help prior to surgery and she replaced it with drinking) so needless to say he was not excited lol. When I told him it was dr’s recommendation and reminded him that I have medical issues that require drastic attention he was better. I made him admit (feelings not hurt at all bc it’s what I want as well), as he said he loves me the way I am (<3) , that he would also be happy if I were like I used to be (not just physically but emotionally). I love that he loves me no matter what but I also love that he is excited now to have the old me back. He’s pretty awesome 💕 he will be home in September and will be in for a treat 😂

But I can't help but feel he'll also love you thinner and healthier. Don't worry about his ex's problems, he traded up,to a much better, smoother,working model when he got you and I suspect he knows that already. Highs and ❤Frustr8

Girl you already know!!! 💕💕💕 I kind of wish I wouldn’t have told him and just surprised him...and I am literally 100% opposite from the ex...I’m not worried about her issues anymore...she is in self destruct mode and i refuse to let that have any part of our lives. It’s just sad for our son...(her biological son....) thank you for your encouragement! Jackiebaby will be surprised even tho he knows ...I love him 😊

And the word was HUGS although you can feel tree top🌴 high about yourself if you want!💕&🌸🌺 Love

On 05/23/2018 at 11:22, Frustr8 said:

And the word was HUGS although you can feel tree top🌴 high about yourself if you want!💕&🌸🌺 Love
I didn’t know if I wanted to “love “ this post or giggle at it 😆

While I’m brand new to this journey, I want to be as supportive as possible to those of whom are on the same road but will just get to the destination before me. My first surg consult is 5/30 but I’ve already confirmed that the surgery and all associates procedures are covered (I work for my insurance company) I’m super excited

Super exciting!!!!