Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any March 2018 Sleevers?

The big day is on Friday. Yeah!!!!!! Cannot believe I made it. Beyond happy [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]. Also bit of nerves there. [emoji33][emoji33] Not of what I’m having done. Surgery in general. I just push it aside as much as possible. Oh and have I said how unbelievably happy I am to of made it.

Best of luck to all that are on the finish line of preparations. We made it to home stretch. New and wonderful adventures ahead.

The big day is on Friday. Yeah!!!!!! Cannot believe I made it. Beyond happy [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]. Also bit of nerves there. [emoji33][emoji33] Not of what I’m having done. Surgery in general. I just push it aside as much as possible. Oh and have I said how unbelievably happy I am to of made it.

Best of luck to all that are on the finish line of preparations. We made it to home stretch. New and wonderful adventures ahead.

Congratulations!! What is your surgery prep diet?

HW 303
SW 278
CW 282
GW 150
Sleeve 3/6/18

You know the difference between someone just about the start pre-op and someone in the middle? I am still excited!!! Tonight is the final of my "last meals": a big 'ole prime strip steak, a sweet potato and a martini. :)

My pre-op diet is easy compared to others (except for @ahnormandeau!!): 3 meals with 4 oz. lean Protein & veges, 1 snack with nuts and veges, and up to 3 fruits and/or yogurts. So... pretty easy, right? I saw my surgeon's PA for my pre-op consult, and evidently my liver is on the smallish size (which is remarkable considering my wine consumption!) B)

Edited by Apple203

You know the difference between someone just about the start pre-op and someone in the middle? I am still excited!!! Tonight is the final of my "last meals": a big 'ole prime strip steak, a sweet potato and a martini. [emoji4]
My pre-op diet is easy compared to others: 3 meals with 4 oz. lean Protein & veges, 1 snack with nuts and veges, and up to 3 fruits and/or yogurts. So... pretty easy, right? I saw my surgeon's PA for my pre-op consult, and evidently my liver is on the smallish size (which is remarkable considering my wine consumption!) B)

Lol!!! Mine was last night. Lasagna and I split very small piece of cheesecake with hubby. Did good only ate part of the lasagna. Sent the rest to my daughter this afternoon. I am thinking a glass of wine tonight. Haven’t even attempted to have a glass for almost 6 months.
Congratulations on your date. We got this!!!

On 15/02/2018 at 9:39 AM, FloridaGal1976 said:

March 1 here. Just had pre-op today and start my two week liquid diet in the am.

HW 241
SW 238
GW 130
Getting sleeved 3/1

Good luck! I’m booked for Wednesday 28th Feb, I live in Western Australia. Super nervous 😬 but excited for the outcome.

Edited by Kirstyoz

March 22nd!🤞🏼

Kirstyoz are you having your surgery there in Western Australia or are you going to another area? Tell us a little more about yourself and why you decided to have WLS. We all have a story why we made that decision. ×e hope you'll enjoy your time on Bariatric Pall.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, kakatlady612 said:

Kirstyoz are you having your surgery there in Western Australia or are you going to another area? Tell us a little more about yourself and why you decided to have WLS. We all have a story why we made that decision. ×e hope you'll enjoy your time on Bariatric Pall.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi KatKat

I’m having the surgery here in Western Australia in Perth with a local surgeon who is very well regarded, Jon Armstrong. My hubby works in a major hospital so he asked around for me for recommendations from other physicians which was great. Health insurance covers part and the government pays for a very small amount (we have national health care) but there’s out of pocket expenses as well. There’s a scheme here where you can get Government permission to apply to take the out of pocket money out of your Superannuation (401k) which you otherwise can’t access until you retire. So I’ve done that.

My bmi is 36, I weigh 93kg and I’m 5’4”. Age 35. I have rheumatoid arthritis (diagnosed age 14) and have just also been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia which I hadn’t even heard of before 2 weeks ago. I’ve got friends with rheumatoid and I’m seeing them getting joint replacements and they’re not much older than me so I’m trying to get on top of that. I love food and I comfort eat for stress. Probably like everyone else here I’ve tried all the latest diets and never sustain the weight loss. I was skinny as a young teen but my dad decided I was too skinny so he started forcing me to eat more which i suppose is where my unhealthy relationship with food came from.

When the surgeon told me only about 1% of people with a BMI over 35 achieve and sustain their ideal weight that completely made the decision for me. I don’t want to keep trying and feeling like a failure for another 10 years before I get on top of this. My sister had it done 20 months ago and she’s gone from 109kg to 64kg (not sure in pounds but that’s a massive loss) and she’s been encouraging me. She looks amazing and said i’ll never regret it. She’s a chef and a foodie so if she can do it we all can too! So Carolyn is my inspiration.

I partly grew up in the USA (florida) although I’m Scottish. I get so homesick for the States. My hubby is applying for a Disney job based in Melbourne 3500km away and I’m hoping he gets it so there’s a chance we can come back to the States! He’s Australian but loves he USA as much as I do since I took him the first time in 2010. I’ve lived in Australia for 13 years. I’m planning a big Australian family vacation to the USA in 2020 and now I’m doubly excited because all going well i’ll be a different me in the photos from the last trip OMG 😆

Hi!!

I'm new here!! I'm scheduled for March 21st! I'm terrified that something will go wrong!!! Help..... :o

I’m scheduled for March 12

Excited and nervous