Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any March 2018 Sleevers?

I just got my surgery date for March 5. I am excited and nervous at the same time but I'm trying to hold it all together. :)

• Like 7

I'm March 12th but RNY. Does that still count? Stupid diabetes pretty much dictated the course of action.

• Like 5

It counts to me. Congratulations!

14 minutes ago, Mattymatt said:

I'm March 12th but RNY. Does that still count? Stupid diabetes pretty much dictated the course of action.

• Like 2

March 26th for me. Excited and nervous here as well! Good luck[emoji256].

Sent from my LG-LS997 using BariatricPal mobile app

• Like 5

March 7th! Very excited.

• Like 7

I'm scheduled for March 12th! Yah! I've been waiting for over 8 years! My husband's insurance wouldn't cover my surgery but, now I have different insurance!

• Like 8

March 1 here. Just had pre-op today and start my two week liquid diet in the am.

HW 241
SW 238
GW 130
Getting sleeved 3/1

• Like 5

Does anyone else get nervous when you read the posts from fellow sleevers that lost 15-20 in the beginning and then nothing else? Must admit it does make me a little nervous. It has got to be so devastating to Work so hard to get to this point and then you lose such a little amount of weight.

• Like 1

But they may be having non scale victories, losing inches & exchanging fat for muscle, everybody has stalls and then start losing again without diet changes. It will all even out eventually.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

• Like 4

Another March 12 here! I’m nervous/excited. I’m not telling anyone except one friend an am feeling pretty lonely.

• Like 2

I've only told one friend as well. I've done the shopping for the pre-op and post-op...feel like I should be doing something else! The waiting is hard I'm spending a lot of time building a Pinterest page for recipes, support blogs, motivation, exercises to help as I recover.

• Like 5

March 12th is my date as well!

• Like 3

I haven’t told any of my family. Just my wife and a close friend knows. At work I told them I’m having abdominal surgery.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Featured Surgeons

1. Masoud Rezvani

Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

2. Lisa Medvetz

Downingtown, Pennsylvania 19335
      800-282-0066

• Recent Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• SleeveinIL

Saw the surgeon yesterday. He is very pleased with my loss thus far. I am averaging about 10 lbs a month. Turns out my nutritionist and my surgeon have vastly differing ideas on how many calories I should be eating right now. Nut put me on 1K a day. Surgeon said nope, they are wrong, go to 800/day. Too bad I have been following what the Nut advised. I could have lost more weight already. Oh well, I will do it now! I am also going to add another day of working out to help break this stall I have been in since 8/28. I am very happy as this week I was able to get into a size XL shirt and I am wavering on pants sizes, but I am wearing a lot of size 18 that are too big or are getting too big. The inches are still dropping off nicely. I saw my parents for the first time after a long time this past weekend (they live out of state) and my Dad who never says anything gave me some super nice compliments. My sister also did...her words as we were trekking through the airport on a long upward ramp were along the lines of "Before the mind was willing but the body wasn't. Now your mind and body are in sync. Before we would have had to have stopped at least once and now you aren't even phased by this." What a great thing to have someone recognize. 
      · 1 reply
      1. AshAsh1

I was there yesterday too! My appointment was at 1:30pm. And its crazy that they told you 800 calories per day, when they told me 1k yesterday, but I've got my own agenda lol.

• CrankyMagpie

Had my final pre-op appointment today. Next Wednesday my liquid diet starts. It's getting real.
      · 2 replies
      1. Orchids&Dragons

You'll do great! I've got faith in you!

2. SleeveinIL

It got real for me about day 4 of the liquid pre-op diet! LOL You will do great. You've got this.

• Shannon lee

Has anyone reading this lied about your weight just to get the surgery done?
      · 4 replies
      1. skinnylife

The surgeons office will weigh you pre authorization for surgery. How do you lie?

2. MargoCL

How can you lie, like @skinnylife stated they weigh you at the surgeon's office and throughout each of your pre-op steps. There is no lying in this, everything is documented, double checked, etc.

3. Coachthex32

I had to gain 20 lbs. Makes no sense. High Blood Pressure, almost diabetic, and sleep issues (stop breathing in the night).

4. Leia

I dont think I could have if I wanted to, they'd been weighing me regularly for 6+ months before the surgery, and then again the day of.

• Lucy81

I don't know what to do for my birthday being that I just had weight loss surgery I know that I have a lot to be grateful for
      · 1 reply
      1. iattcom

What would you normally do?

Instead of planning a meal, what about an activity that you enjoy.

If the weather is nice, plan a picnic and explain that you are not eating and will not be providing a cake instead if you wanted you could have birdseed bags that people could use to feed the birds or the ducks in a pond at the park where the picnic would be held. Everyone could bring their own lunch if they wanted to attend and you would only have to make little birdseed bags.

If nature walks are more your style, do something along those lines and just let everyone know that for your birthday you are planning an activity and not a party. There will be no cake and ice cream if that is what they are looking for, they can just stay home.

You could ask your friends to join you in a day of caring and you could all volunteer together somewhere either serving at a soup kitchen, helping at a shelter or a children's center or even a senior center.

• GreenTealael

I managed to finally break my old school manual Italian espresso maker... Is this a sign? 
      · 2 replies
      1. abefroman329

Of what?

2. GreenTealael

Of what indeed. I thought at first I should give up coffee, nonsense.h Then I thought I should go out for coffee with friends more. Then I thought I should go to Italy for coffee with friends and get a new maker...

• Trending Topics

• Magazine Articles

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs