Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am so tired of people who ask every ten minutes why they're not losing weight

36 minutes ago, Beck53 said:

Newbie here. Guess I'll just search/read instead of posting....

Not "instead of," just "before." I mean, if you have a question and there's already a thread with 37 responses, isn't that more useful than posting and waiting for a response? Honestly not trying to be mean here!

#Funtrivia. Even this thread about people complaining about oft repeated questions isn't new.
Every year someone complains about 'repeat questions' and 'dumb questions'.

The Bird...

The Protein Addict...

The Why Me Whiner...

The Documentarian....

The Rebel without a Clue...

The Pain in the Ass angsty Know It All...

The Research Junkie...

The Fat Shamer...

The Size Queen...

The Oblivious Question Asker...

The Lonely Soul...

The Stuck Veteran...

The Message Board Christian...

Sincerely,

The Breakfast Club

Haha, well done, Claire!

I'm still debating where I fall in the continuum, because I don't see a bucket for posters who drink and post weird stuff occasionally. :lol: That was a sloppy omission, Creek!!

Edited by Apple203

6 minutes ago, Tealael said:

The Bird....I will not eat over 500 calories because calories are bad.
The Protein Addict....Must never eat carbs again or the world will explode.
The Why Me Whiner....Where's my yellow brick road, Dr. Nowzaradin?
The Documentarian.... Ate one and three quarters blueberries this morning for a total of 4.37687calories.
The Rebel without a Clue.....I ate a whole pizza yesterday just to see if I could cram one in there. I could! I want my money back!
The Pain in the Ass angsty Know It All.....who writes offensive insensitive rants like this one.
The Research Junkie.....sort of like the pain in the ass angsty know it all...but with more links.
The Fat Shamer.....let me endlessly describe how much I hated my fat, and by extension how offputting I find other fat people
The Size Queen.....Can I slip my new pants size into casual conversation?
The Oblivious Question Asker.....Um, I'm two weeks out, can I have chicken McNuggets and a large coke and fries yet?
The Lonely Soul.....Hi, We should be besties. I'm going to write 9/10 posts about how cool I think you are.
The Stuck Veteran....I lost weight ages ago and kept it off, but I still obsess about weight loss daily.
The Message Board Christian.....Lets slip Christ in there, just for the hell of it. Pray for me!

Sincerely,
The Breakfast Club

evil-raccoon-gif-2.gif

The plot thickens...

Ha! I clicked on this to scold the poster for being unkind... and then I just laughed and laughed.

Maybe the forums are a temporary resting place rather than a final destination. I started lurking before my surgery to learn as much as I could, and I've been around since my surgery a couple months ago to reassure myself that my experiences are normal. I think it's been great for that. But once you've gotten what you need from it and you find yourself creating a (seriously funny) taxonomy of irritating posts... maybe it's time to move on?

I think I'm approaching that moment.

4 hours ago, Creekimp13 said:

The Stuck Veteran....I lost weight ages ago and kept it off, but I still obsess about weight loss daily.

I'm sure this will be me. I had lost a lot of weight once before due to a heart by pass operation. Within four years I gained it all back and then some. 17 years later I underwent gastric by pass surgery and lost the weight. I'm more determined than ever to not repeat my past mistakes regarding maintenance of my weight loss. That said, I probably won't start a post on my feelings on this subject but, it's good to know I have a place to go if I want to.

4 hours ago, Creekimp13 said:

I'm sure this will be me. I had lost a lot of weight once before due to a heart by pass operation. Within four years I gained it all back and then some. 17 years later I underwent gastric by pass surgery and lost the weight. I'm more determined than ever to not repeat my past mistakes regarding maintenance of my weight loss. That said, I probably won't start a post on my feelings on this subject but, it's good to know I have a place to go if I want to.

Ya'll will note...I did NOT post this to the general forum.

I posted it to the Rants and Raves board....cause it's a Rant. It's not meant to be helpful...unless humor helps....which it sometimes does. (and sometimes doesn't)

Edited by Creekimp13

I'm glad, Tealeal...cause that was the hope:)

Hmmm. I'm 1 part Research Junkie cause I've lived 72 years and absorbed knowledge from life or studied it myself. 1 part Lonely Soul cause I wasn't always accepted in life and I like it here, an occasional Christian poster but only if someone else started it First. Lastly a Fat Shamer but only at myself, not others. Otherwise as long as it doesn't frighten children or horses in the street, I'm okay with it. PS Creek -Imp you're one of my favorite posters, oops does that sound too Lost Soul-ish?

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Well, let me just say, I resemble your remark.

Then I will finish with: I laughed, I cried, I felt the whole gamut of emotions (and I will be chronicling them in my WL journey journal.) :lol:

I reckon these are consistent themes over and over because not too much usually goes wrong except this list - and mostly we worry about this stuff. So, same old over and over - but with new people needing new reassurance, new hope, each new month.

And I reckon we Post without first doing a Search because we want real warm-blooded real time people to respond - otherwise we could just google “why the hell aren’t I losing weight after my RNY” and just get research, or quacks selling gluten free Water that will cure us, or surgeons’ websites. But I think for many, waiting three days to get a few personal replies to a (repeated) thread is actually more rewarding than finding an old thread with 37 replies.

And as boards get new folk, old folk drift away, they are pretty self-renewing over time. Except the ‘old hands’ who like to stay - and I love that, but maybe the Rants and Raves Board should give those posts a red background so we don’t scare the new hope-seeking folk !!