Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am so tired of people who ask every ten minutes why they're not losing weight

Guest Angel2018

Thank you for the clarification, I hadn’t realised that. Rant and rave, gripe and complain if needed, we all need that at times, it is what gets us through. People feel sensitive and react when they feel things are aimed at them, so much can be lost in translation when typing.
Again, I wish everyone a wonderful day :)

Here's a rant:

You know what I don't like? Country music. So when I stumble into a local bar called "Cowboy Saloon" and there's a room called "This Room Is All Basically Country Music At High Volume" and they are, in fact, playing country music, you know what I do? I leave. I leave as voluntarily as I came in.

You know what I don't do? I don't walk around the bar full of people enjoying country music telling them that it's soulless and cliche and isn't what I like to hear and offends my ears and I demand they stop.

I just leave. I don't make some big scene and scream "Country music is the worst and I am leaving!" I just... you know, take off, and find a bar playing jazz music. Or sit in my car and listen to NPR.

1 minute ago, SassyScienceNerd said:

Here's a rant:

You know what I don't like? Country music. So when I stumble into a local bar called "Cowboy Saloon" and there's a room called "This Room Is All Basically Country Music At High Volume" and they are, in fact, playing country music, you know what I do? I leave. I leave as voluntarily as I came in.

You know what I don't do? I don't walk around the bar full of people enjoying country music telling them that it's soulless and cliche and isn't what I like to hear and offends my ears and I demand they stop.

I just leave. I don't make some big scene and scream "Country music is the worst and I am leaving!" I just... you know, take off, and find a bar playing jazz music. Or sit in my car and listen to NPR.

You know what you get when you play a country music record backwards? You get your dog back, you get your wife back, you get your truck back...

:lol:

We have a saying in my immediate family h***ity d****ity, okay we were at Aunt Ruth's house, I started to let lose about something that peeved me. I said oh heckity deckity, she looked at me, waggled her finger and said "I knew what you were going to say" never could fool that lady. Rest in peace Aunt Ruth.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

6 minutes ago, orionburn said:

You know what you get when you play a country music record backwards? You get your dog back, you get your wife back, you get your truck back...

:lol:

He'll be here all week folks! :lol:

I don't really want to read posts about people's bathroom habits or throwing up, so you know what I do? Avoid them like I avoid country music!

14 hours ago, Creekimp13 said:

Want debate? Get it here. Gripe, complain, moan, fight, rant and rave. Enter at your own risk!

Folks, that's the description for this board.

And that goes for everyone. So if people don't like a rant and want to fight, b***h and moan about a rant - they're free to do so and that is what's happening here and what happened in hundreds of rant threads before.

Because it's raves and rant.

Expecting to post a rant without having someone disagreeing and challenging the OP is just unrealistic. It's also beyond me why someone posting a rant is offended because there are not only positive reactions to the rant. It's to be expected.

So if you can't take the heat you want to dish out: don't start a thread in Rants & Raves.

Edited by summerset

Oh hell, I don't care:) Complain and moan all you want. It's cathartic. Maybe you'll feel less angsty and have a better day. If so, good for you!

Absolutely fair point.

But be warned....I can take a LOT of heat without losing my sense of humor and sense of fun:)

By the way, thanks for bumping the thread again! It's post like yours that keep it from passing into obscurity:)

Edited by Creekimp13

What we have is a failure to understand each other.

No one wants to make fun of specific posters. No one would tolerate that. Even if it was a poster who habitual moans about their lack of progress...if someone was pissing on them, personally, I would personally be there in a flash to defend them. Everyone would. And I think that's what most of the resistance to this thread is about. And that's awesome. It is really cool that people would step up and defend each other.

But here's the flip side.

Some of us really want a place to speak a little more freely, and laugh, and blow some steam about this whole hellish process....because its stressful. Some of us find it useful to laugh at ourselves and not take **** so fecking seriously.

We should be allowed to do that. And thankfully....there's a special place for that kinda talk...away from the main forum....where we can:)

But no, rest assured...no one is going to tolerate personal attacks on individual posters. Ever.

Edited by Creekimp13

You can hate the sin but love and forgive the sinner. Original poster was talking about types, not reviling Susie Smith, Sam Jones or even Hector J. Ramirez. This is the Rant Room where we vent,and then hopefully move on. This poster has been of help,to me in the past and I hope she will continue to be in the future. Nuff said?

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

22 minutes ago, Creekimp13 said:

What we have is a failure to understand each other.

No one wants to make fun of specific posters. No one would tolerate that. Even if it was a poster who habitual moans about their lack of progress...if someone was pissing on them, personally, I would personally be there in a flash to defend them. Everyone would. And I think that's what most of the resistance to this thread is about. And that's awesome. It is really cool that people would step up and defend each other.

But here's the flip side.

Some of us really want a place to speak a little more freely, and laugh, and blow some steam about this whole hellish process....because its stressful. Some of us find it useful to laugh at ourselves and not take **** so fecking seriously.

We should be allowed to do that. And thankfully....there's a special place for that kinda talk...away from the main forum....where we can:)

But no, rest assured...no one is going to tolerate personal attacks on individual posters. Ever.

Your tone is a complete turn around from yesterday. The highschoolish remarks made by you and others yesterday were uncalled for. You went too far, and today you’re trying to sound like it was okay and accepting.

I still say you are on this forum 24/7. That is unhealthy for anyone, and you’re demonstrating that.

Elise, I can't see what you're saying cause I blocked you yesterday (it still shows you're posting a response...and as curious as I am, I'm not gonna unblock ya, sorry)

I hope you get all your angst out and feel better:) Enjoy your rant! It's a good place for it:)

Oh, and thanks for the bump! LOL:)

Edited by Creekimp13