Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2018 Sleevers HERE

I was sleeved January 23 2018. I'm in Cananda and have actually never met another person in real life that has had this operation! Anyway, things have been going ok.. I'm 20 pounds down and 22 days out. I was feeling really great, trying to hit 10K steps a day, but now for the last 4 days i've had a tremendous amount of pain just to the right of my belly button. My surgeon is in the states and I could only speak to him by phone but he said hopefully I've just overdone it and I'll get better. If not it may be a hernia!! How is everyone else doing? How much are you losing? Hows the hunger? And any pain?

17 hours ago, MC Sleeved said:

I was sleeved January 23 2018. I'm in Cananda and have actually never met another person in real life that has had this operation! Anyway, things have been going ok.. I'm 20 pounds down and 22 days out. I was feeling really great, trying to hit 10K steps a day, but now for the last 4 days i've had a tremendous amount of pain just to the right of my belly button. My surgeon is in the states and I could only speak to him by phone but he said hopefully I've just overdone it and I'll get better. If not it may be a hernia!! How is everyone else doing? How much are you losing? Hows the hunger? And any pain?

sorry to hear about your pain......im doing good ..had zero pain from surgery...hit stall didnt lose for 10 days now started 1lb/day last 2.......no hunger ,more head hunger thinking about or seeing comercials....good luck to you and hopefully pain leaves

Hi all, what about a whatsapp group for the January sleevers? It’s just a little hard on the website all the time. I will create the group and add new people so we can talk about where we are in the process and any problems we have. I’m from South Africa. Let me know what you think and if you want add your cell number with the country code and I will add you to the group

regards

Frikkie

Hi everyone! Glad to see that so many of you are doing great! My bypass was 1/29 and things are going pretty well. Down 18 pounds and I'm feeling pretty good. I got the okay to go to soft foods yesterday...which is cool, because i wasn't enjoying the puree stage at all. I was mainly sticking with shakes and triple zero oikos through that week. Just trying to remember to enjoy the journey!

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes, I've hit the dreaded 3 week stall. Not only that but I'm miserable when I put anything in my mouth to eat. It all hurts so bad but I can tell I need to eat. Lost 20 lbs the first 2 weeks and ready to start losing again. I'm not sure anymore what I'm supposed to be eating or how much. I want to go back to the safety of the liquid stage!!! Everything else scares me. I find that I need to take zofran which I didn't start until about a week ago which helps when I do eat but I would love some help on food ideas. My doctor isn't worried about anything until I go in for my 5 week checkup and then that's when it gets serious. I think right now he just wants me to eat what I can and to heal. He's not concerned about Protein or Vitamins at this point and is okay if I don't lose another lb until I go in on 3/5. Anyone else going through the same thing and with a relaxed doctor the first month?

10 minutes ago, Gotalose said:

Yes, I've hit the dreaded 3 week stall. Not only that but I'm miserable when I put anything in my mouth to eat. It all hurts so bad but I can tell I need to eat. Lost 20 lbs the first 2 weeks and ready to start losing again. I'm not sure anymore what I'm supposed to be eating or how much. I want to go back to the safety of the liquid stage!!! Everything else scares me. I find that I need to take zofran which I didn't start until about a week ago which helps when I do eat but I would love some help on food ideas. My doctor isn't worried about anything until I go in for my 5 week checkup and then that's when it gets serious. I think right now he just wants me to eat what I can and to heal. He's not concerned about Protein or Vitamins at this point and is okay if I don't lose another lb until I go in on 3/5. Anyone else going through the same thing and with a relaxed doctor the first month?

There’s really no such thing as a 3 week stall. My dietitian told me I shouldn’t even look at the scale until 3 months out. I don’t own a scale & never have so that makes it easy.

I was sleeved on January 18th.

Edited by Seahawks Fan

1 minute ago, Seahawks Fan said:

There’s really no such thing as a 3 week stall. My dietitian told me I shouldn’t even look at the scale until 3 months out. I don’t own a scale & never have so that makes it easy.

I'm sure whatever I'm going through is just my body adjusting to the rapid weight loss of the first 2 weeks. Actually didn't have any weight loss my first 5 days and then bam... 20 lbs were gone. I'm happy were I am just wish I didn't feel like crap. I had the flu last week and I would have thought some lbs would be lost but I guess not. I'm going to "step off" the scale for awhile and see what happens after that.

12 minutes ago, Gotalose said:

I'm sure whatever I'm going through is just my body adjusting to the rapid weight loss of the first 2 weeks. Actually didn't have any weight loss my first 5 days and then bam... 20 lbs were gone. I'm happy were I am just wish I didn't feel like crap. I had the flu last week and I would have thought some lbs would be lost but I guess not. I'm going to "step off" the scale for awhile and see what happens after that.

I agree. I haven’t lost as much as you but my clothes are looser already. Hope your feeling better soon.

Ouch! Tuesday will be my 4 week surgeversary. At my appointment Friday the dietitian told me to start with calcium citrate and Vitamin D. Went shopping yesterday and found citrical so tried that this afternoon. Those tablets are HUGE. Split them in half (need to invest in a pill splitter) but they were still too big and hurt going down. Still feel a bit like I have a rock in my chest! Went to Amazon and ordered some chews but they won't arrive until Wednesday. In the meantime, gonna wait on that Calcium. Citrical in a few months maybe, but chews for now. PSA for other new sleevers.....

13 minutes ago, Miss Topaz said:

Ouch! Tuesday will be my 4 week surgeversary. At my appointment Friday the dietitian told me to start with calcium citrate and Vitamin D. Went shopping yesterday and found citrical so tried that this afternoon. Those tablets are HUGE. Split them in half (need to invest in a pill splitter) but they were still too big and hurt going down. Still feel a bit like I have a rock in my chest! Went to Amazon and ordered some chews but they won't arrive until Wednesday. In the meantime, gonna wait on that Calcium. Citrical in a few months maybe, but chews for now. PSA for other new sleevers.....

Buy a pill crusher until your able to take them.

I agree. I haven’t lost as much as you but my clothes are looser already. Hope your feeling better soon.
Me too. I am in week 3 and after losing 20lb in the first 2 weeks, now the scales aren't shifting. I really don't understand this. I am trying to keep my Protein up, and am continuing on a mostly liquid diet. My surgeons office provided me with all the puree meals for week 3 and 4, but I can't stomach them. So I am not eating much at all, but not losing! It doesn't make sense to me...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hi January sleevers...I'm 4 weeks post op..everything is going great praise God. I'm down I think almost 30 I think..I won't get on the scale but I see it in my clothes...im still craving old junk food and I'm having slight sharp burning pains from time to time around incision area but nothing major. I tried the treadmill last week for 45 mins..I was fine but that night my stomach felt irritated like it was burning slightly so I decided I better wait until I see the surgeon tomorrow. I'm not getting in all my Proteins but I see my appetite has increased slighty I can eat a half piece of grilled thigh and maybe 3 teaspoons of mashed potatoes from KFC . I'm able to drink more than normal..little gulps not sips...the hunger pains are really not there I get weak when I see commercials or I'm bored...my old habit was to eat eat eat...oh and I find myself getting hungry late at night for salsa and chips or some type of chip...lol but again for the most part...I'm progressing and I'm learning this is a challenge and a journey...PRAYING we all see BEAUTIFUL HEALTHY results through it all.

Hey everyone! I was sleeved on 1/17. I lost the most weight the first week after surgery, and the weight loss has seemed to stall. I weighed 231 prior to the liquid diet. I went into surgery at 220, and was 208 1 week post op. I’m down to 206, but have been at this weight for a little over a week. I haven’t really started exercising, so I’m hoping that will help with continued weight loss. It’s been very hard for me, as I’m such a picky eater. I guess I only like stuff that lacks Protein. Ha! We’ve got a long road ahead of us.

I was sleeved 1/17 as well. Surgery weight 256. Two weeks post op weighed in at 239. Still 239 to this day! I also haven’t started working out yet. I know I need to but I’m struggling to find the motivation.

I had mine on 1/30/2018. I can get puree foods down still. I can only do liquids. no pain but always tired. walking a lot.

14 hours ago, Seahawks Fan said:

Buy a pill crusher until your able to take them.

I did get one for my regular meds post surgery. Just really hate the taste of crushed pills. I figure since I have options and my need for Calcium will never go away, I'll just keep the tablets on hold for right now. But thanks!