Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2018 Sleevers HERE

I was also sleeved on 1/17!! I was told to wait 6 weeks for caffeine but Decaf is ok. I have been drinking half caf for a week or so.

My dietician told me no caffeine because it's a diuretic. It's so important to remain hydrated, and the only way to do that is small sips of Water am day long. The caffeine will dehydrate you, and you will be scrambling to get and keep your Fluid levels optimal.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

My dietician told me no caffeine because it's a diuretic. It's so important to remain hydrated, and the only way to do that is small sips of Water am day long. The caffeine will dehydrate you, and you will be scrambling to get and keep your Fluid levels optimal.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

That is all true. I am way past sipping Water. I am now able to drink a bottle of water like a normal person lol. Drinking enough fluids is no longer an issue so I am not afraid of becoming dehydrated if I have regular coffee.

Hey everybody, I was sleeved on January 15, 2018. Feeling a little depressed this week. I know I should be proud of my loss so far, I just worry that I'm going to fail like I always have. :( Even worse is that my therapist was telling me last week I didn't look depressed anymore - I told him it was probably just the makeup I was wearing, lol. But honestly, my mood just goes up and down... and the downs are HARD. Sigh. It's really hard to deal with your emotions when you can't just cover them up with food, you know?

HW 456

SW 417

CW 388

Edited by honeyedlife
number

Surgery date 1/3/18
SW 210
CW 184
GW 140
I've walked since surgery and plan to do a step workout class for the first time since surgery( pretty nervous). I started out with following the diet stages by the book but this past week I've honesty cheated quite a few times. I find myself falling into old habits and I have to do a self reminder of why I made such a drastic decision for myself as surgery to only sabotage myself. I will do better for myself. Has anyone else had the same struggles?

Wow! We have similar stats. My surgery was 1/2/18. My current weight is 187. How far do you walk daily? I’ve only managed 3 miles every other day. I am thinking my hypothyroidism is preventing me from losing like you have. I was 229 before liquid diet, 209 on day of surgery.

Hello all!

I am currently pre -op. Going through the approval stages. I just recently had my psych eval and she wants me to restart psychiatric and therapy counseling. I had stopped over a year ago and feel that I no longer need it. She refuses to sign off on my surgery unless I do this. I plan to get a second opinion.

I would like to know if anyone had problems with the their psych eval and what do you suggest that I do?

I'm sure whatever I'm going through is just my body adjusting to the rapid weight loss of the first 2 weeks. Actually didn't have any weight loss my first 5 days and then bam... 20 lbs were gone. I'm happy were I am just wish I didn't feel like crap. I had the flu last week and I would have thought some lbs would be lost but I guess not. I'm going to "step off" the scale for awhile and see what happens after that.

If it helps I had a stall as well around week three. Then my weight started slowly melting off again. I am down 28 since my surgery on 1/22

How much did everyone lose in month 2? I only lost 10 lbs in month 2. I'm worried it's slowed down too much. I just have to remember I lost 45 lbs pre-op so there's a chance it won't come off as fast for me as it does for others... and, on the other hand, 10 lbs is much more than I would have lost before!

Wow! We have similar stats. My surgery was 1/2/18. My current weight is 187. How far do you walk daily? I’ve only managed 3 miles every other day. I am thinking my hypothyroidism is preventing me from losing like you have. I was 229 before liquid diet, 209 on day of surgery.

I have since went back to my circuit training class. I go twice a week but the scale isn't moving much these days I have to remember I've lost/am losing more than I would without the surgery. I'm currently 179lbs.

Was sleeved on 1/10. I started my 6 month pre-op journey in June at a weight of 368. My next visit was at an all time high of 370. That is when it hit me that I wasn’t mentally ready and I knew that I had to mentally prepare before I would truest be ready. The next visit I had dropped some weight and then some more the next. I was feeling good losing weight and I slow came to realize that I was truly ready. In my December appointment I was down to 360ish and I was excited to get my surgery date for January. Surgery day rolled around and I weighed in at 340 (after an awesome 2wk pre-op diet).

Over the last 2 months I have experienced two stalls and many mini-victories. My first stall lasted 5-6 days at around week 3. My second stall lasted a little over 2 weeks, I just overcame it two days ago and was getting very frustrated. I was at my 300 pound brick wall. I weighed in at 301.6 everyday for two weeks straight! I thought my scale was broke, but no matter where I moved it to on the floor in the bathroom, kitchen, bedroom.... garage, it didn’t make a difference! Still 301.6.... Finally, two days ago I crawled on my scale and BAMM! I beat down my brick wall and seen a beautiful 299.5 and this morning 297.6.

With this accomplishment behind me I am excited once again and am looking forward to my next mini goal of 280. I find it mentally satisfying of setting small realistic goals and reaching them. If my only goal is to reach 200, I will have a long miserable journey. But, if I set small goals I will enjoy my journey and not be discouraged as easy.

So here I am, 9 weeks 2 days out and a total of 72.4 pounds lost since my July 2017 weigh-in.

i have read so many encouraging stories on here. I hope that mine may bring some comfort to somebody that is discouraged due to a stall or even had a bad weigh-in during their pre-op phase. Good luck and have fun on your journey to a better life!

4B59B57B-207E-4B18-A838-C8FC76F7DC9F.jpeg

Hey all. I am week 9 out and have lost 35lb. It has definitely slowed in the last few weeks. And it's not a steady loss, it goes in stops and starts. One week nothing, the next week 5 lbs. Just recently returned from holidays and the food was amazing. Except I would order and then only be able to eat about 3 tablespoons and I would be completely full. I am sure the chefs think I hate their food.. It is such a waste. I have tried just ordering an entree or a starter, but quite often the choice is limited, and/or too high in carbs and not enough Protein.

Such a roller coaster of emotions. I hate that I can't drink with a meal. I tried a few times and ended up throwing up. Forget about stretching my pouch.. That extra Fluid just won't go in! I end up getting so nauseated as it sits there at the top of my pouch, and then I have the overwhelming need to vomit. I miss coffee with my egg at Breakfast, a glass of red with my evening meal, a sparkling Water with my lunch. I miss eating out as a social event with friends. I hate that a decent burp can be my best friend and enourmous relief when I have that pain at the top of my pouch when a food refuses to go down.

But then, I love being able to wear 3 sizes smaller. I love that it no longer exhausts me doing simple things like showering, picking up things off the floor, walking up our internal stairs. I love that I can now play golf without a buggy, and walk the entire course easily. And that I can fit into my golf skirts! Getting on the scales and seeing a new low number. Seeing my face change and rediscovering lost cheekbones. I can cross my legs easily again, and do up my bra behind me... I can actually REACH behind me! I am grateful that I have no loose skin so far, and my hair doesn't fall out. I am still taking Vitamins, and especially zinc, Biotin, Calcium and silica. My hair is actually so thick and luxurious, and my nails are so hard and healthy than they ever have been!

I didn't realise how hard it would be. It's really hard, in so many ways that I never expected. You can read so much and think you are so prepared, but until you do it, you have no idea. But I think I am glad I did it.

Just depends on the day you ask and what part of the roller-coaster I am on. Does everyone else feel this way? What are the things that surprised you... Both good and bad?

I have a theory about weight loss. it's like an old junky jalopy. It sputters, it jerks and is Hart to control. And just when you think you have figured out how to keep it going, it stops and won't go at all for a while. You can oil it up with diet, give it the gas of exercise, but until it's ready to move you are going nowhere. So polish yourself up and enjoy your Non scale Victories. And I'm sure you'll reach the goal line of your weight goal, it's just going to take awhile!😝🚩😝

On 3/14/2018 at 10:53 PM, Adorkable Me said:

If it helps I had a stall as well around week three. Then my weight started slowly melting off again. I am down 28 since my surgery on 1/22

how are you doing now? looking to see where most people are after surgery in january