Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2018 Sleevers HERE

Had my surgery on 1/19/18. After a 2 night stay, I came home with a JP drain which I believe only added to the small amount of pain I felt. The drain was removed a week after surgery so I'm feeling a lot better now. My program has me on a 3 week full liquid diet before progressing to pureed, but I'm finding myself missing the feeling of chewing my food although I don't have much of an appetite most of the time. I did step on the scale a few times and have lost approximately 13lbs since my surgery :D

I had mine on 01/09/18 two weeks after surgery lost 17lbs saw dr last week for post op and had lost another 5lbs but today I weighed myself and gained 2lbs sucks

I had mine the exact same day as youuu!!! Yay twins I am feeling good I guess, just trying to get to know my new stomach, it is a baby we gotta teach each other what to eat and not to eat I am in the liquid diet, I have tried eggs, Beans, pureéd meals but my biggest worry is to loose hair, and to hurt my body by not eating ( because oviously I barely eat) :/ btw. Sorry for my crappy English I am Mexican hehe )

On 2/1/2018 at 7:39 PM, tlp584 said:

Had my surgery on 1/19/18. After a 2 night stay, I came home with a JP drain which I believe only added to the small amount of pain I felt. The drain was removed a week after surgery so I'm feeling a lot better now. My program has me on a 3 week full liquid diet before progressing to pureed, but I'm finding myself missing the feeling of chewing my food although I don't have much of an appetite most of the time. I did step on the scale a few times and have lost approximately 13lbs since my surgery :D

We are twins, as I had my sleeve done the same day and I'm at 13lbs lost too. I seem to have stalled so I'm trying not to get discouraged. Hope your recovery is nearly complete and that you find yourself chewing food again soon

23 hours ago, fridacuriel said:

I had mine the exact same day as youuu!!! Yay twins I am feeling good I guess, just trying to get to know my new stomach, it is a baby we gotta teach each other what to eat and not to eat I am in the liquid diet, I have tried eggs, Beans, pureéd meals but my biggest worry is to loose hair, and to hurt my body by not eating ( because oviously I barely eat) :/ btw. Sorry for my crappy English I am Mexican hehe )

Yay! How fun to find a sleeve twin! Be sure to take Biotin to reduce Hair loss and Vitamins to make sure your body is getting what it needs. Drink your Protein Shakes and just follow your Surgeons plan and you'll do great!

Hey everyone! I'm so glad y'all are here! So I'm officially two weeks post op and while I feel pretty good, I've got the dreaded two ask weight loss stall after losing 13lbs. Trying to stay positive and just focus on doing what the Dr indicated. Reading all of y'all's posts is great - it's nice to know others going through some of the same things.

My biggest challenge so far is the stomach gurgles that occur right after I eat. These are awful and even somewhat uncomfortable and often result in my getting the hiccups which hurts! Anyone else experiencing this?

On 2/2/2018 at 12:47 AM, sp78 said:

I had mine on 01/09/18 two weeks after surgery lost 17lbs saw dr last week for post op and had lost another 5lbs but today I weighed myself and gained 2lbs sucks

I am the day after you, 1/10/18. I lost 23 pounds so far, but this week barely anything. We are at the "three week stall" I looked this up and it happens to a lot of people, but we will get over it like everyone else did. I read somewhere to only weigh once a week now so we don't get discouraged, because the first two weeks we were losing a pound or two a day and now it will be less. I am having trouble getting in everything, the nutritionist said I should do the 3 Protein Shakes for the first two months and to think of it like medicine, that the food is less important at this point, that we are eating just to really get used to it again. I am still having trouble doing the three shakes and three "meals" so I am usually short one shake and one meal a day. I think I need to make sure I get that third shake in because our bodies need the 60 g of Protein to keep losing I heard.

Hi-I had my surgery 1/25. I have lost 8 pounds from the 1 week pre-op diet and 12 since surgery for a total of 20 lbs. I’m on full liquids and haven’t really lost since I started that three days ago. I know I should be happy with 20lbs in 2 weeks, but would like to see more at this point, I’m only 9 days post-op. I have some problems getting down the Protein Drinks just due to the thickness and taste. Other than some residual soreness and tightness I feel pretty good. My highest weight was 230, surgery weight 222 and current weight is 210. I am 5’2. I had to gain weight to qualify for the surgery and luckily have lost all of that plus. I feel like my face looks thinner already. I really miss real food though. Just chewing would be nice. I’m looking forward to the journey!

I had my sleeve done on Monday 29/1/2018. Had a very bad first night of pain but it subsided the next day. Stayed 2 days in hospital. Started walking the next morning after surgery. Still only on Water and Clear Liquids. How is the paid for the rest of you?

I had mine 1/30/18. Second night I was wondering what the heck did I do! I am 4 day post op. Can’t wait for drain out Monday. All and all things are going well.

Hello everybody. I had my surgery on 01/03/2018. SW 205.5 CW 178.6
I am still doing mostly liquids because I am having problems with solids. I too had a stall but my Dr said that it happens to everyone around the 3rd week. He said that it is our bodies adjusting to all the fluids lost in the beginning and then reabsorbing again. I would like to be able to just eat one thing without it hurting at this point and I thing I will be fine but it is just taking me longer to get there than normal. The doc assured me this will pass.

3 hours ago, cindi lafayette said:

I had mine 1/30/18. Second night I was wondering what the heck did I do! I am 4 day post op. Can’t wait for drain out Monday. All and all things are going well.

You will be so happy to have the drain out! I felt so much more on the "healing" and "past surgery" side once mine came out.

I was 1/24 and I’m getting my fluids and Protein - I am just really bored of full liquids and can’t wait to move up to purées on Day 14 post op!

Hey everyone i had my sleeve surgery 1/30...
starting weight 297
Surgery weight 280.2
Current weight....???
I haven’t bought a scale yet. So far I really can’t get any Protein in... i believe it’s the kind i got... slim fast... it’s a lil too thick for me.... I’m sooo loving apple sauce and popsicles... Water and Powerade... that’s about all i eat. What are you all eating??

On 2/3/2018 at 1:37 AM, PrincessDy said:

Hey everyone! I'm so glad y'all are here! So I'm officially two weeks post op and while I feel pretty good, I've got the dreaded two ask weight loss stall after losing 13lbs. Trying to stay positive and just focus on doing what the Dr indicated. Reading all of y'all's posts is great - it's nice to know others going through some of the same things.

My biggest challenge so far is the stomach gurgles that occur right after I eat. These are awful and even somewhat uncomfortable and often result in my getting the hiccups which hurts! Anyone else experiencing this?

Sleeved the 15th, down 20lb and now stalled for almost 2 wks! UGH! I had the gurgle issue too, not cute. Did some research and got back on my reflux medicine, even though I didn’t have “heartburn”. Completely eliminated the gurgling sounds and hiccups! I still get hiccups here and there but not like I was when I got off the reflux meds. More so now, if I drink go quickly. Go us!!!

On 2/3/2018 at 6:37 PM, sleeveedTee said:

Hey everyone i had my sleeve surgery 1/30...
starting weight 297
Surgery weight 280.2
Current weight....???
I haven’t bought a scale yet. So far I really can’t get any Protein in... i believe it’s the kind i got... slim fast... it’s a lil too thick for me.... I’m sooo loving apple sauce and popsicles... Water and Powerade... that’s about all i eat. What are you all eating??

Try the premier? Has half the Protein you need in 11oz. I had Soups, low carb yogurt. No sugar in my beverages at all. Crystal light if you need flavoring. And I bought protein 2o Water. 15G of protein. No carbs and no sugar.