Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2018 Sleevers HERE

13 hours ago, Saxons said:

Me too. I am in week 3 and after losing 20lb in the first 2 weeks, now the scales aren't shifting. I really don't understand this. I am trying to keep my Protein up, and am continuing on a mostly liquid diet. My surgeons office provided me with all the puree meals for week 3 and 4, but I can't stomach them. So I am not eating much at all, but not losing! It doesn't make sense to me...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hang in there! My surgeon reminded me at my 3 week postop appointment that it won't always be a straight bee-line down on the scale. Told me it was fine to weigh myself as long as it's not anxiety inducing. Are there other things you can eat, other than what the surgeon provided? Dannon light and fit yogurt has been one of my go-tos. And I mixed some low-fat ricotta with splenda (or stevia), vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg -- that's gone down quite well. I remember one of my leaders from weight watchers reminding those who weren't eating all their points and not losing - you do have to eat to lose weight. Your body will tell you. Good luck!

3 hours ago, Miss Topaz said:

I did get one for my regular meds post surgery. Just really hate the taste of crushed pills. I figure since I have options and my need for Calcium will never go away, I'll just keep the tablets on hold for right now. But thanks!

Just mix it in a bite of food like yogurt or something.

10 hours ago, Miss Topaz said:

I did get one for my regular meds post surgery. Just really hate the taste of crushed pills. I figure since I have options and my need for Calcium will never go away, I'll just keep the tablets on hold for right now. But thanks!

I couldn't stand the crushed pills. I'd rather not taking anything than to crush the pill. My doctor said as long as I could stand it he was okay with me taking the pills whole. I just break it in half and take it with pudding and its all good.

January 1, 2018 for me. Down 27.40 lbs so far. Stalling since I started eating soft foods. No complications so far - thank goodness. I read so many horror stories I almost chickened out.

13 minutes ago, SEWLVR said:

January 1, 2018 for me. Down 27.40 lbs so far. Stalling since I started eating soft foods. No complications so far - thank goodness. I read so many horror stories I almost chickened out.

That is amazing progress! I was sleeved 1/24. I think a lot of us could drive ourselves batty looking for worst-case scenarios. I've progressed fine, even had a glass of wine once (!!!! with Water and internally soooo careful the whole time for no ill effect), and have been able to not suffer any calamity with my program. I'm almost to "any healthy foods" stage (in a week or two) and I was like you, afraid to move to each stage thinking I would have adverse reactions or stalls. Now I have internalized the cardinal rules of my program (no fluids 30 min before or after; eat until satisfied; take my time; make healthy protein-y-est choices) and am ready / adjusted to my new normal.

Hello all January gastric sleevers. I had my surgery 1/31/18. I have had no pain other than feeling stitches in my incisions. No nausea nothing. Am currently on pureed still but have eaten a scrambled with no problem. it took awhile to eat it all but still no issues. My only trouble has been an ongoing gout flare. Taking uloric daily as well as cherry extract. Stupid gout makes it rough to get out and walk. Have had no trouble getting liquids and Protein daily.

HW - 371

SW - 365

CW - 338

GW - 190 - 225

Hey, I am new to the site. Was sleeved on 1/17. Surgery was great and have lost a lot of weight so far. Not having much trouble with the not eating part of things, but would love to have a cup of coffee or tea. For some reason I am craving it even though my nutritionist told me to wait 6 months at least. Have read on several other forums that coffee/tea is okay. My doctor even said it is okay, but curious what you all have been told? seems like it might be a different story with each nutritionist. Any input would be appreciated.

I had my surgery on 1/22. Lost 20lbs so far! Kind of hit a plateau for a couple of weeks, but not the weight is slowly melting off again.

I was suppose to have my surgery a year ago, but had to put it off due to me becoming pregnant. Now i have this wonderful bundle of joy. It was tough the first four weeks post-op since I wasn't able to pick up my baby due to weight restrictions.

I am excited to see my friends this weekend, since i haven't really seen anyone since the surgery besides family. :)

Edited by Adorkable Me

I'm scared I'll never be the same. It's just I must be having a adverse reaction to the surgery. My saliva glands have decreesed, and I'm not sweating and dry eyes. Please pray for me

Hey, I am new to the site. Was sleeved on 1/17. Surgery was great and have lost a lot of weight so far. Not having much trouble with the not eating part of things, but would love to have a cup of coffee or tea. For some reason I am craving it even though my nutritionist told me to wait 6 months at least. Have read on several other forums that coffee/tea is okay. My doctor even said it is okay, but curious what you all have been told? seems like it might be a different story with each nutritionist. Any input would be appreciated.

I was also sleeved on 1/17!! I was told to wait 6 weeks for caffeine but Decaf is ok. I have been drinking half caf for a week or so.

Hi!! Was sleeved on Jan 8, 2018 and am losing steadily. HW was 240, SW was 232, and CW is 203!! Very close to the 30 lbs mark! My goal weight is 135 so I have a lot to go but I’m excited. I moved the first stages of my diet rather quickly so I am eating normal foods. I do exercise regularly tho and do my best to watch everything that goes in my body. I’m excited to be on this path!!

Surgery date 1/3/18
SW 210
CW 184
GW 140
I've walked since surgery and plan to do a step workout class for the first time since surgery( pretty nervous). I started out with following the diet stages by the book but this past week I've honesty cheated quite a few times. I find myself falling into old habits and I have to do a self reminder of why I made such a drastic decision for myself as surgery to only sabotage myself. I will do better for myself. Has anyone else had the same struggles?