Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2018 Sleevers HERE

I just wanted to say I'm especially rooting you guys on. I had my sleeve in January 2012. There are six of us who have maintained a tight bond and we sill meet up. We are from all over the country and from very different walks of life. Different ages, backgrounds and everything. We met face to face two years ago for the first time and have forged an amazing bond. I can't explain it and it's amazing. The support is amazing and so great to have others at the same stage. Go Januaries! Best wishes. Keep supporting each other, I couldn't replace my girls for anything and love them all so much.

On 4/22/2018 at 12:42 PM, Zanstt said:

Hi, everyone! It seems like Spring May have finally arrived here in NW Indiana, lol. After 2 days of snow last week I’m loving the 61degrees today

I was sleeved 1/30/18. Started at 320 and am 265 today. Though I’m happy to be losing, I feel like it’s harder than I expected. My first goal is 199 by my Birthday on Halloween. I’ll go 2 weeks and lose nothing then lose 5 pounds in 2 days. Worried I won’t make my goal at this rate. I know it’s gonna ping time o slow down even more.

I don't know where you are and it's almost your birthday. Today is mine. I also had a goal after being sleeved that January of 150 and missed it, made it by my one year though. It was my fortieth.

I wanted to say I noticed the weirdest thing after charting my weightloss the first year. It was so odd and if I hadn't had the sleeve ditching forcing me not tu quit I would have. But it was like this every single month. I would stall three weeks and then drop up to eight pounds (the number for smaller as I got smaller). Here's the thing though my pants wouldn't fit and my body changed while I wasn't losing weight. That was always when I world need to get smaller pants. Never when the weight was actually coming off. I can't explain it and it was frustrating as hell but looking back that's just how it worked for me. I would have in a previous life be so frustrated by the lack of weight loss I'd give up. But during that time all the crazy good stuff was actually happening.

Edited by Swimmer

Hi all, sleeved on Jan 31,2018. SW 265 and am 5ft 8".CW is 205, so only 60lb down. I need to lose another 25 or 30lb, but it's taking forever. Just recently returned from a month long holiday in Europe, so way too much eating and drinking. BUT I didn't gain any weight, so guess I should be happy about that.

I know and understand Protein requirements and limitations of carbs and sugars in or diets, as well as regular exercise. If you say it really quickly, then it doesn't hurt at all!

But seriously, if we all found that diet and exercise easy to follow,then we would never have needed bariatric surgery! So I get a little frustrated when posters boast about their "new" diet plans that they follow religiously and their exercise that they do 5 days a week. How come it's all of a sudden so easy to do?

Edited by Saxons

Hello January 2018 sleevers...I was sleeved on the 18th. Starting weight 244 now 174. I have been on a stall for 2 months now. My goal weight is 165 and seems like I can't get there. It's been such a challenge, I have been messing up slowly but surely...eating chips dips cookies😭😭i know i know..but i still work out 3 days week to help me at least not gain. Had anyone else appetite picked up because mine has DEFINITELY increased I'm always feeling hungry.

Hey all! Sleeved Jan 23 2018. We've all come so far! Currently sitting at about 203 on my home scale in the mornings. I have a birthday later this month and would love to onederland to be my gift! Loss definitely has slowed, but I'm also working on finding balance between living a new normal and obsessing over everything that goes in my mouth. Down several pants sizes (24 to 14) and feeling good about that. Starting to plan for what plastics to have some day. I've started weight lifting 2x/week which I love. My knees are not 100% sure, but they're hanging in there. With dark coming earlier and time change today, it's tougher to get 30 min in of walking daily. I don't like to walk my dogs after dark. We have a coyote problem in Colorado.....

Hey guys! I have been stuck at 170 for about two months now. My doctor told me that once I hit the year mark, the weight will not come off as fast. He still wants me to lose another 10 lbs. I’m down 60 lbs so far, but this last 10 won’t budge. Any tips?

The holidays were hard but back at it on 1/2. Getting ready to hit the one year mark and would like to hit onderland. I started at 314 and currently sitting at 219. A Keto approach always gets me going I just hope I continue going down

On 1/5/2019 at 7:01 PM, angelina718 said:

Hey guys! I have been stuck at 170 for about two months now. My doctor told me that once I hit the year mark, the weight will not come off as fast. He still wants me to lose another 10 lbs. I’m down 60 lbs so far, but this last 10 won’t budge. Any tips?

Hi Angelina718,

I completely understand how you feel. Ive been at 174 forever. Surgery 1/19/18.......... SW 244 CW 174..I'm trying to get to 170 it was 165 but aye 170 is tough enough. I messed up alot over the holidays but I'm on it again. I'm exercising again slowly but its coming along. I'm going to do a reset by starting over from the beginning with the liquids. I gave myself a reality check..I'm making sure I dont go over 1000 calories and dropping some old habits I gradually picked back up. But you got this....check into diet plans and see what works for you...BE VERY HUMBLY PROUD 60 pounds is still great but I do understand again that last 10 pounds. I pray we both can get those last few pounds out the way...IM PUSHING FOR YA....."I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME"

2 hours ago, Gotalose said:

The holidays were hard but back at it on 1/2. Getting ready to hit the one year mark and would like to hit onderland. I started at 314 and currently sitting at 219. A Keto approach always gets me going I just hope I continue going down

Hello Gotalose,

You've done GREAT down 100 pounds...wow. I messed up over the holidays but as you stated I'm back on it before it gets back on me..THE POUNDS....as long as you stay determined and stick to your own technique diet plan, the pounds will keep dropping. I know in faith, you will hit your goal....PLEASE KEPT US POSTED, IT HELPS ME STAY MOTIVATED.

Any update pictures JANUARY 2018 sleevers!

BEFORE & AFTER or just updated progress pics!

20181003_031249.thumb.jpg.9f7aa6e1affb45139770ab3b5d24febf.jpgAny update pictures JANUARY 2018 sleevers!

BEFORE & AFTER or just updated progress pics!

Edited by BINABINA25

On 10/29/2018 at 7:09 PM, Saxons said:

Hi all, sleeved on Jan 31,2018. SW 265 and am 5ft 8".CW is 205, so only 60lb down. I need to lose another 25 or 30lb, but it's taking forever. Just recently returned from a month long holiday in Europe, so way too much eating and drinking. BUT I didn't gain any weight, so guess I should be happy about that.

I know and understand Protein requirements and limitations of carbs and sugars in or diets, as well as regular exercise. If you say it really quickly, then it doesn't hurt at all!

But seriously, if we all found that diet and exercise easy to follow,then we would never have needed bariatric surgery! So I get a little frustrated when posters boast about their "new" diet plans that they follow religiously and their exercise that they do 5 days a week. How come it's all of a sudden so easy to do?

You're suggestion that "if we all found that diet and exercise easy to follow, then we would never have needed bariatric surgery" is misplaced and defeatist. I think a lot of bariatric patients are great dieters. I followed strict diets and went to the gym five times a week for years. I couldn't lose weight because I had T2DM and insulin resistance made weight loss really difficult. If had a sleeve or bypass and think that those alone will do the trick and you're not following your nutritionist's instructions and aren't getting real exercise (where you actually sweat and get your heart rate up), you're going to be disappointed. You only have a year or two in the honeymoon phase to get your sh!t in order and if you don't take advantage of that time, you're going to regret your choices. You're only a year out--you still have time to get back on track and actually get the most out of this surgery!!!

On 1/8/2019 at 3:36 AM, Gotalose said:

Keto works great with the sleeve, but there are different ways of doing the keto diet and a lot of them are not good for us. The theory in keto is to have a high fat, low carb and moderate Protein diet. The typical keto macro doesn't work for sleevers since we need a higher protein diet. Also, you do keto without adding in all the silly stuff like bacon and other stuff loaded with saturated fats and processed through factories. Stick to things like avocado, fish, lentils, Beans (high in protein and fiber), green veggies etc. You can definitely achieve ketosis with a high protein, low carb, moderate fat diet and reap all the health benefits.

💜CONGRATS to everyone who has celebrated a SURGIVERSARY💜

If you are interested in refocusing or recapturing a goal, consider joining us for a challenge