Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!
One Bariatricpal Multivitamin One Capsule a Day, All the Vitamins and Minerals You Need! Read more... ×

January 2018 Sleevers HERE

I just wanted to say I'm especially rooting you guys on. I had my sleeve in January 2012. There are six of us who have maintained a tight bond and we sill meet up. We are from all over the country and from very different walks of life. Different ages, backgrounds and everything. We met face to face two years ago for the first time and have forged an amazing bond. I can't explain it and it's amazing. The support is amazing and so great to have others at the same stage. Go Januaries! Best wishes. Keep supporting each other, I couldn't replace my girls for anything and love them all so much.

On 4/22/2018 at 12:42 PM, Zanstt said:

Hi, everyone! It seems like Spring May have finally arrived here in NW Indiana, lol. After 2 days of snow last week I’m loving the 61degrees today

I was sleeved 1/30/18. Started at 320 and am 265 today. Though I’m happy to be losing, I feel like it’s harder than I expected. My first goal is 199 by my Birthday on Halloween. I’ll go 2 weeks and lose nothing then lose 5 pounds in 2 days. Worried I won’t make my goal at this rate. I know it’s gonna ping time o slow down even more.

I don't know where you are and it's almost your birthday. Today is mine. I also had a goal after being sleeved that January of 150 and missed it, made it by my one year though. It was my fortieth.

I wanted to say I noticed the weirdest thing after charting my weightloss the first year. It was so odd and if I hadn't had the sleeve ditching forcing me not tu quit I would have. But it was like this every single month. I would stall three weeks and then drop up to eight pounds (the number for smaller as I got smaller). Here's the thing though my pants wouldn't fit and my body changed while I wasn't losing weight. That was always when I world need to get smaller pants. Never when the weight was actually coming off. I can't explain it and it was frustrating as hell but looking back that's just how it worked for me. I would have in a previous life be so frustrated by the lack of weight loss I'd give up. But during that time all the crazy good stuff was actually happening.

Edited by Swimmer

Hi all, sleeved on Jan 31,2018. SW 265 and am 5ft 8".CW is 205, so only 60lb down. I need to lose another 25 or 30lb, but it's taking forever. Just recently returned from a month long holiday in Europe, so way too much eating and drinking. BUT I didn't gain any weight, so guess I should be happy about that.

I know and understand Protein requirements and limitations of carbs and sugars in or diets, as well as regular exercise. If you say it really quickly, then it doesn't hurt at all!

But seriously, if we all found that diet and exercise easy to follow,then we would never have needed bariatric surgery! So I get a little frustrated when posters boast about their "new" diet plans that they follow religiously and their exercise that they do 5 days a week. How come it's all of a sudden so easy to do?

Edited by Saxons

Hello January 2018 sleevers...I was sleeved on the 18th. Starting weight 244 now 174. I have been on a stall for 2 months now. My goal weight is 165 and seems like I can't get there. It's been such a challenge, I have been messing up slowly but surely...eating chips dips cookies😭😭i know i know..but i still work out 3 days week to help me at least not gain. Had anyone else appetite picked up because mine has DEFINITELY increased I'm always feeling hungry.

Hey all! Sleeved Jan 23 2018. We've all come so far! Currently sitting at about 203 on my home scale in the mornings. I have a birthday later this month and would love to onederland to be my gift! Loss definitely has slowed, but I'm also working on finding balance between living a new normal and obsessing over everything that goes in my mouth. Down several pants sizes (24 to 14) and feeling good about that. Starting to plan for what plastics to have some day. I've started weight lifting 2x/week which I love. My knees are not 100% sure, but they're hanging in there. With dark coming earlier and time change today, it's tougher to get 30 min in of walking daily. I don't like to walk my dogs after dark. We have a coyote problem in Colorado.....