Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Late December Sleevers?

16 hours ago, Livingmybestlife said:

Vitamins make me sick

Vitamins make me sick too - especially multis. I use the patch for my multi and hope it is working. I can do sublingual for B-12, D3, & Biotin. And I do the caramel flavored chews for Calcium bc it's like a mini treat :)

14 hours ago, abefroman329 said:

I think it’s more “at minimum, 2-4 lbs a week.” I was not told I was losing too fast.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking...that's why the 1.5lb loss week 3 bothered me so much. Just that extra little half pound and I don't think I would have felt as bad. No I'm sure they didn't say you're losing too fast! Some seem to just fly down the scale, especially guys - you are the envy of us slow-pokes! Congrats & good luck :)

I’ve lost 25 lbs since surgery on 12/28 and I’m feeling great!

At a loss of 19lb since surgery 12/27. So from highest weight, a total of 30lbs :)

44 minutes ago, sandra305 said:

At a loss of 19lb since surgery 12/27. So from highest weight, a total of 30lbs

Lucky!!! Good for you! That is where I wish I was...but we're all on our own journey, etc. etc. Congrats & good luck :)

1 hour ago, Brittanyblue said:

I’ve lost 25 lbs since surgery on 12/28 and I’m feeling great!

Nice! Good luck on your journey!

2 hours ago, Taylor5 said:

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking...that's why the 1.5lb loss week 3 bothered me so much. Just that extra little half pound and I don't think I would have felt as bad. No I'm sure they didn't say you're losing too fast! Some seem to just fly down the scale, especially guys - you are the envy of us slow-pokes! Congrats & good luck :)

Thanks, you too! It looks like I'm down about 4 pounds since 7 days ago, which is frustrating when I was losing 4 pounds a day once upon a time. Oh well. It's nice to put on clothes and know that they'll only get looser on me from here!

Surgery date was 12/29. Start weight 250. Now 227. So I have lost about 1 pound per day. Haven't been able to drink all the Protein required. Haven't been able to eat or drink much either. Made a HUGE mistake of drinking about half ounce of pepsi.... big huge mistake. Did it last night around 10 pm...now 7 am still miserable pain. Body achest and feel weak..I have to get my protein in another way.

Hi [emoji1366]New to the thread but was sleeved 12/26. I’m averaging about 600 calories a day which is a little concerning to me, and I’m superrrrr tired all the time. I am taking my Vitamins and I’ve started taking Protein Shots to meet (or at least come closer to) my Protein goals. They don’t taste great but it’s working well for me. I have trouble drinking more than a little or a time, and I’m very uncomfortable after about 5 bites of food.

Starting weight: 267
Surgery weight: 257
Current weight: 239

I stopped my blood pressure medication while in the hospital, and I’ve never had to restart. Yay! Non-scale victories! My BP is now well within the normal range without any help from medication [emoji1373]

What's everybody doing for "Moist Foods"?

32 minutes ago, Taylor5 said:

What's everybody doing for "Moist Foods"?

Soup or chili. I tried chicken cooked in a slow cooker in broth and that was really hard to digest, although apparently it was cooked on high instead of low.

5 hours ago, kitty1392 said:

Hi New to the thread but was sleeved 12/26. I’m averaging about 600 calories a day which is a little concerning to me, and I’m superrrrr tired all the time. I am taking my Vitamins and I’ve started taking Protein shots to meet (or at least come closer to) my Protein goals. They don’t taste great but it’s working well for me. I have trouble drinking more than a little or a time, and I’m very uncomfortable after about 5 bites of food.

Starting weight: 267
Surgery weight: 257
Current weight: 239

I stopped my blood pressure medication while in the hospital, and I’ve never had to restart. Yay! Non-scale victories! My BP is now well within the normal range without any help from medication

I am also having troubles getting any protein at all in..was thinking about shots too..I can't hardly drink Water. After I eat anything I pay dearly. All my muscles hurt, and I am so tired. I can't get out of bed today. Surgery date 12/29

12/29 - 250

1/25- 226

2 minutes ago, Mitzy69 said:

I am also having troubles getting any Protein at all in..was thinking about shots too..I can't hardly drink Water. After I eat anything I pay dearly. All my muscles hurt, and I am so tired. I can't get out of bed today. Surgery date 12/29

12/29 - 250

1/25- 226

My doctor says to just get as much protein as you can.

I make my own Protein Shake which is 25g

then i have greek yogurt in the morning which is 12g

for lunch i had ricotta bake which had 15g

for dinner i am having tuna w/ non-fat mayo which is 17g

which makes a total of: 69g of protein

11 minutes ago, abefroman329 said:

I tried chicken cooked in a slow cooker in broth and that was really hard to digest

I have been doing chicken salad for about a week now - chicken breast broken up and pulsed in a mini food processor - makes it into really tiny pieces, almost like crumbs. Mix that with low-fat mayo, and then I scoop 1/3 of a cup max into a little dish and mix in one TBS of unflavored Protein Powder for the extra 7 g of Protein. I have been tolerating that really well, I just use a little plastic fork and take very small amounts "chew" thoroughly (although by this point it is extremely creamy-ish), and take my time. It takes a good half hour to get through 1/3 of a cup, which drives my dog insane bc she gets a snack when I'm done with dinner, lol. I have found this to be very filling and satisfying, but am definitely on the lookout for a change!

The one thing I tried that didn't work was a baked sweet potato with lite canola butter & protein powder mixed in (didn't try to eat skin of course) but even just the filling after two swallows I could tell it was complete rejection. It's the only time I've felt nauseous from eating so far.

Might try chili this weekend though, thanks!

11 minutes ago, Brittanyblue said:

which makes a total of: 69g of Protein

Dang, you go girl!