Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Late December Sleevers?

Not exactly at a standstill but not.as fast as I like. Guess I need to take a longer view. The reason I am not losing isn't because I eat too much that's for sure. I know I am being healthy and active so I will just stay away from the scale. It isn't my friend at the moment. So why put myself through it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Not exactly at a standstill but not.as fast as I like. Guess I need to take a longer view. The reason I am not losing isn't because I eat too much that's for sure. I know I am being healthy and active so I will just stay away from the scale. It isn't my friend at the moment. So why put myself through it.

I need to do the same thing stay away from the scale!

My sleeve was on 12/29, and i'm going through the same thing. I was doing really well the first 2 weeks. Down about 15lbs at my first post op appt on 1/11/18. So my doctor wanted me down another 25 lbs in a month, i had a stand still the last couple weeks and i have to loose 19lbs by my 2nd post op appt in 2 weeks! I'm afraid he wont be able with my results either.

You will do great! My Dr never gave me amount to loose he said we will talk at my 5 week post op if I am above average, average or below average on my weight loss. I was excited about my 2 week post op. I knew I had lost weight. This time I am not excited. I am doing everything I am suppose to do. Just was at a standstill for 2 weeks.

4 minutes ago, Lorianna said:

You will do great! My Dr never gave me amount to loose he said we will talk at my 5 week post op if I am above average, average or below average on my weight loss. I was excited about my 2 week post op. I knew I had lost weight. This time I am not excited. I am doing everything I am suppose to do. Just was at a standstill for 2 weeks.

I haven't lost anything in a week and only 16 lbs since surgery on Dec 26. My doc said my weight loss is great, but when I look on here it seems pretty low...

I haven't lost anything in a week and only 16 lbs since surgery on Dec 26. My doc said my weight loss is great, but when I look on here it seems pretty low...

My surgery was 12/28 And I have lost 28 lbs. I look on here and feel like mine is low too. Iike I said I am doing everything I am suppose to.

How is everyone doing?

23 hours ago, Brittanyblue said:

How is everyone doing?

Personally, I am struggling this week. My sister-in-law was up from VA last weekend - the first time we've seen her in over 2 yrs (since her son's funeral). She wanted to take us out to dinner. I had just started on moist foods. We went to Buca Di Beppo Italian Restaurant. I ate part of one piece of fried mozzarella - trying to remove most of breading, and part of a meatball (bc they are HUGE). The food tasted AMAZING! So much flavor after a few months consuming liquids and more bland diet. I ate very slowly but all of a sudden was very full. Wasn't even tempted when they ordered dessert. So I thought I did pretty well.

But every day since, I am struggling more with cravings - unable to push them aside as easily as before. I am hungry more often than I used to be - having the urge to snack before I would normally eat again. And it takes me longer to feel satiated. I used to fill up pretty quickly. I wish we had never gone out. My calorie intake for that Saturday and every day since has been 200-250 more than my norm. Dreading getting on the scale tomorrow, and wondering how to get my body (mind, sleeve, etc.) back on track...

On 1/31/2018 at 11:41 AM, Brittanyblue said:

How is everyone doing?

I was sleeved on 12/28. I was at a stand still for almost 2 weeks and it was extreamly frustrating! I kept on the diet my surgeon gave me and stayed away from the scale. Finally dropping weight an fitting into clothes I haven't worn in years! Only down side, I have been getting really bad pain in my upper right abdomen (where my liver is). The doctor did blood tests and a CT and they said everything was normal. Hoping the nutritionst can give me some insight at my 5 week appointment tomorrow! How are you doing?

On 1/31/2018 at 11:41 AM, Brittanyblue said:

How is everyone doing?

I stalled on my last week of full liquids which was really depressing because you think how is it possible to not lose weight when your intake is so low. Luckily after moving to soft moist foods the weight loss picked up again.

But now I'm in a stall again. I just don't get it. On average I eat between 400-500 calories a day and it's pretty much all Protein. I can eat about 3 ounces at each meal over a 30 min to 1 hr timeframe. And this week I started walking, a 1.5 mile circuit on 3 days out of the week, and according to the map my walk app I burned 438 calories during each walk. Yet, my weight has bounced between 274 and 277. It's so frustrating!

I'm stalled too. This is my second stall since surgery on Dec 26. It is very frustrating. In my case, I feel little restriction. I'm hoping it's a stall and not a permanent stop. Very scared about that. I've been exercising though, so hopefully my eating more calories will even out with exercising five days a week.

I'm glad that I am not the only one. Worse food I starting to have no appeal for me. Don't get me wrong, I am hungry but the thought of trying to eat so little to avoid the pain of being full has taken it's toll.

Personally, I am struggling this week. My sister-in-law was up from VA last weekend - the first time we've seen her in over 2 yrs (since her son's funeral). She wanted to take us out to dinner. I had just started on moist foods. We went to Buca Di Beppo Italian Restaurant. I ate part of one piece of fried mozzarella - trying to remove most of breading, and part of a meatball (bc they are HUGE). The food tasted AMAZING! So much flavor after a few months consuming liquids and more bland diet. I ate very slowly but all of a sudden was very full. Wasn't even tempted when they ordered dessert. So I thought I did pretty well.
But every day since, I am struggling more with cravings - unable to push them aside as easily as before. I am hungry more often than I used to be - having the urge to snack before I would normally eat again. And it takes me longer to feel satiated. I used to fill up pretty quickly. I wish we had never gone out. My calorie intake for that Saturday and every day since has been 200-250 more than my norm. Dreading getting on the scale tomorrow, and wondering how to get my body (mind, sleeve, etc.) back on track...

You should try chicken. I cook chicken breast in olive oil with salt and pepper. It is dense and will fill you up quickly. Munch on that a few times a day and you should be good.

On 1/19/2018 at 10:50 AM, Jbrava24 said:

I did bloodwork and urine sample yesterday. Everything was perfect according to the dr, but I still feel like crap. The zofran quit working, so I switched to phenegran, but that’s not helping so far either. I’m at work today and feel like I’m going to throw up at any minute. It’s absolutly miserable. Dr said it could just be from surgery 😥😥. I really wish it’d go away.

How are you feeling now? I was doing so well but now into my 6th week my stomach began rejecting everything, including Water. I have to get fluids and Vitamins through a picc line that was placed in today. Doctor wants me to have it for a week to see if my stomach will heal better without anything in it. He then proceeded to tell me if it doesn't get better I will have to have the bypass surgery. I'm super nervous!

Is anyone else tired of talking about it with friends? I feel like I made a mistake telling so many people... I keep getting asked what I can eat now, and do I feel like I have more energy, and my face looks thinner, are my clothes feeling looser?!
I mean, the compliments are fine, but I am not used to talking about these things... Also, I'm scared to venture beyond soft foods too much. I also haven't noticed the scale moving much lately... I try to only check once a week.
I don't know, I'm just tired of dedicating so much of my life to thinking about food!

Sent from my Pixel using BariatricPal mobile app