Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Late December Sleevers?

25 minutes ago, Taylor5 said:

I have been doing chicken salad for about a week now - chicken breast broken up and pulsed in a mini food processor - makes it into really tiny pieces, almost like crumbs. Mix that with low-fat mayo, and then I scoop 1/3 of a cup max into a little dish and mix in one TBS of unflavored Protein Powder for the extra 7 g of Protein. I have been tolerating that really well, I just use a little plastic fork and take very small amounts "chew" thoroughly (although by this point it is extremely creamy-ish), and take my time. It takes a good half hour to get through 1/3 of a cup, which drives my dog insane bc she gets a snack when I'm done with dinner, lol. I have found this to be very filling and satisfying, but am definitely on the lookout for a change!

The one thing I tried that didn't work was a baked sweet potato with lite canola butter & Protein powder mixed in (didn't try to eat skin of course) but even just the filling after two swallows I could tell it was complete rejection. It's the only time I've felt nauseous from eating so far.

Might try chili this weekend though, thanks!

I don't like mayo, so chicken/egg salads are out. My dietitian recommended using unflavored Greek yogurt to make chicken/egg salad, though I ate a hardboiled egg at lunch and did just fine. The consistency of the chicken didn't matter, when I puked it back up, it was basically the pureed chicken I was eating a few weeks ago.

Canned chili with Beans is super-high in protein and I tolerated it just fine.

I had my surgery on Dec 29th. The first three weeks everything was going great. Now i have some light headedness and moments of feeling like all my energy has been sucked out of me. Has anyone else felt this?

So does anyone else have issues with their scale? I get on and it says one thing and then I get in again and it’s up like 4 pounds and then I do it again and it different again and so on? What’s the real weight? Ugh! Also I can totally eat like 5 ounces now and I’m 5 weeks in. I feel like I can eat a good amount!! ScAred!

You’re supposed to be able to eat 4 oz of solid food at a time (2 oz Protein and 2 oz fruit/vegetables). Have you tried replacing the batteries in your scale?

Sounds like your scale hates you.

19 hours ago, aimee jones said:

So does anyone else have issues with their scale? I get on and it says one thing and then I get in again and it’s up like 4 pounds and then I do it again and it different again and so on? What’s the real weight? Ugh! Also I can totally eat like 5 ounces now and I’m 5 weeks in. I feel like I can eat a good amount!! ScAred!

I got sleeved on 12/14 and the same thing happens, one day its 2lbs down next its 3lbs up. Also, I feel like I can eat way too much at this stage. I had a cup of sweet potato gnocchi tonight with no issue.

My dr issued me a prescription for an antacid to take everyday. So I haven’t had that problem. But I do get full after a few bites. So I stop eating.

16 hours ago, Roxytrini said:

I got sleeved on 12/14 and the same thing happens, one day its 2lbs down next its 3lbs up. Also, I feel like I can eat way too much at this stage. I had a cup of sweet potato gnocchi tonight with no issue.

I can eat a lot too. It’s kinda demoralizing. I worry about my long term success.

Anyone else hate yoga? My doc cleared me for exercise so I went to a yoga class this morning. I was the youngest by at least 30 years, yet I couldn’t do any of the poses. It’s so depressing.

I had my sleeve surgery on 12/28/17. And felt I was doing really good, then was at a total stand still for almost 2 weeks. My 5 week check up is Wednesday afraid the Dr may not be happy with my progress.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 1/27/2018 at 11:30 AM, Lotte22 said:

Anyone else hate yoga? My doc cleared me for exercise so I went to a yoga class this morning. I was the youngest by at least 30 years, yet I couldn’t do any of the poses.

I used to try videos at home, but couldn't really get into it. I even did private instruction but I have chronic pain so a lot of the poses are really uncomfortable. Some of the stretches I have been doing for years - especially after my days at the gym {not recently} - are modified yoga postures, and they really help with tight muscles. It's a different experience for everyone, but I wish I could get into it like a lot of others do.

I have just been walking now, little by little, which is pretty boring. But have been thinking about adding in Tai Chi and maybe finding meditation/relaxation techniques that would be good for my pain issues. Also I always really liked Tae Bo, even though it's considered old school these days :)

3 hours ago, Lorianna said:

I had my sleeve surgery on 12/28/17. And felt I was doing really good, then was at a total stand still for almost 2 weeks. My 5 week check up is Wednesday afraid the Dr may not be happy with my progress.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

My sleeve was on 12/29, and i'm going through the same thing. I was doing really well the first 2 weeks. Down about 15lbs at my first post op appt on 1/11/18. So my doctor wanted me down another 25 lbs in a month, i had a stand still the last couple weeks and i have to loose 19lbs by my 2nd post op appt in 2 weeks! I'm afraid he wont be able with my results either.