Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Late December Sleevers?

I'm looking at all these people getting cleared for soft foods. I feel like my surgeon is the only one with such a strict post op diet. I was sleeved 12/28/17, first week home I was on Clear Liquids only, now i'm on full liquids until the 18th (which will be 2 weeks)then i have to do 2 weeks of pureed, then finally i get start a regular diet on February 1st. Is there anyone else with a diet like this?

Mine is the similar. 1 week liquid, 2 weeks liquid to full, Thursday I Can start purée w some soft for another 2 weeks. I grab a bite of chicken chew and give it to the dog. Gross I know, but satisfies the urges!!

Hi all. Haven’t checked in for awhile. Sleeved on 12/28/17

Pre- 309

Surgery-299

Post visit 288

Today 279

Sick of Protein Shakes but that or creamed Soup is about all I can have.

I think I need to up my Protein I’ve been consistently getting in 60 gr. A day. Where is everyone else at on Protein?

Also had H. pylori on path report so I have to start an 8 pill a day regimen of abx. 4 in am and 4 in PM. 3 are horse pills!! Anyone doing the Patches? I think I may need to switch as I am having a lot of trouble getting the 4 Calcium D3 pills a day down along with everything else.

My current Protein goal is 80 grams a day and that is keeping me full.

I did the H. Pylori treatment about 15 years ago and it would be no fun to do now. I remember part of the treatment being Pepto-Bismol chewables. My poop was the richest shade of green no matter what I ate.

I had my sleeve surgery on 12/28. I start pureed foods on Thursday and am back to work tomorrow! Nervous about going back to work. I have also stalled in my weight loss. I lost about 17 punds since surgery and cannot seem to move. very frustrating! Any tips are greatly appreciated!

I also had my surgery 12/28!! I have noticed that during my liquid diet I was losing a pound daily pretty consistently. Then when i started purée and soft foods I stalled. The stalls last about 6 days and then I’ll drop 2 pounds. During the first stall I got frustrated so I went for a walk (1.5 Miles) and then next day I dropped again. So maybe try walking just to jump start the weight loss again. Even with the stall- you have to think, “I’m still loosing 2-3 pounds a week” which is really good. Hang in there! It’ll come and go but it WILL go!

10 hours ago, joeie said:

I also had my surgery 12/28!! I have noticed that during my liquid diet I was losing a pound daily pretty consistently. Then when i started purée and soft foods I stalled. The stalls last about 6 days and then I’ll drop 2 pounds. During the first stall I got frustrated so I went for a walk (1.5 Miles) and then next day I dropped again. So maybe try walking just to jump start the weight loss again. Even with the stall- you have to think, “I’m still loosing 2-3 pounds a week” which is really good. Hang in there! It’ll come and go but it WILL go!

I agree, walking is key. My surgery 12/29 - lost a lot the week after surgery then stalled for 7 days. Kicked up my Protein amounts and trying to walk 3+ miles a day. Sunday I did almost 5 miles, and finally broke the stall - yesterday I was down 2lbs. Dr told me weight loss is not linear - so many changes so your body holds desperately on to the weight, and that it is normal to stall up to 3 weeks and then loose 2-4lbs. More like a step ladder down then a straight line.

19 hours ago, bookworm1983 said:

I had my sleeve surgery on 12/28. I start pureed foods on Thursday and am back to work tomorrow! Nervous about going back to work. I have also stalled in my weight loss. I lost about 17 punds since surgery and cannot seem to move. very frustrating! Any tips are greatly appreciated!

Just remain positive and make sure you get enough Protein and Water. I think a lot of people stall a little bit, but it should start coming off again.

On 1/14/2018 at 9:04 PM, joeie said:

I was also horribly constipated. I took Dulcolax mild OTC and it helped me SO much! I only had to take it once. My doctor said Constipation is normal with everything our systems are dealing with on top of anesthesia.

It’s crazy lol. You’d think things would run smoother because the lack of food.

19 hours ago, bookworm1983 said:

Also check your calorie count. Some things you intake may be high in Protein and calories. My doctor told me don’t take in the calories just so I can reach my protein mark. Just drink instead.

Anybody having nausea? I’m 3 weeks and 2 days post op and have had horrible nausea for almost a week. I might be able to eat 2oz of Soup a day and that’s it. I was supposed to go to dr yesterday but couldn’t because of the weather. I had to reschedule for Monday. I am going to do blood work today, so my surgeon has it for Monday. I’ve been taking zofran but it absolutely does not work. I found some reglan I had left over from my pregnancy and I’m going to see if that works. Thankfully I’ve been out of work , because of the weather, but this nausea is ruining my life. My house is a mess, my kids are basically having to fend for themselves, thank god my 9 year old can help with my baby. Just picking her up and changing her diaper makes me feel sick to my stomach, like it takes too much energy. A lot of the time I totally regret having this surgery 😥😥.

I am so sorry that you are not feeling well. I had my surgery on 12/29. I also am having some issues, I saw my doctor, and he attended my barium test. I have severe GERD. I was afraid to eat or drink anything, he put me on Nexium, it has helped a lot. Hopefully they will do some test on you to find out the issue. Maybe it's a stomach flu. Kids bring home uninvited guests from time to time.(viruses)

I truly hope they can find the issue soon. Keep us posted!

Hope you feel better soon!

Ps.

My doctor also said, don't push yourself to eat or drink Protein supplements, as long as you drink the very least of 40oz of Water. I swallow air when. I eat or drink...so he said maybe a straw will help my drink more water. Keep water as much as you can. Keeps you hydrated.

I thought I had stalled/was gaining this week, but then I tried weighing myself on our other scale (the one my wife uses) and I was 4 pounds lighter, and when I weighed myself on my father-in-law's scale over the weekend, I was 2 pounds lighter than what I weighed on my Alta this morning.

Time to change the batteries, I think.

Once again here :(, today is my 20th day post op. Surgery date 12/29. Still can't eat anything other than yogurt 2-4 oz over an hour, Protein Shake same speed. Anything else( Soup , mashed potatoes, Baba ganoush, ) I can eat couple of bites, after 5 minutes of that I start belching , severe pain in chest and eventually I throw up . Now I'm even getting hungry but can't eat anything as I'm scared of the pain.my doctor gave an OK to eat almost a week and a half ago but I can't [emoji853] Anyone else feeling that way ??

15 minutes ago, optimistic74 said:

Once again here :(, today is my 20th day post op. Surgery date 12/29. Still can't eat anything other than yogurt 2-4 oz over an hour, Protein Shake same speed. Anything else( Soup , mashed potatoes, Baba ganoush, ) I can eat couple of bites, after 5 minutes of that I start belching , severe pain in chest and eventually I throw up . Now I'm even getting hungry but can't eat anything as I'm scared of the pain.my doctor gave an OK to eat almost a week and a half ago but I can't Anyone else feeling that way ??

I’m with you friend. I had my surgery on 12/26. Can’t eat hardly anything and then nausea is insane. I’m praying it’ll get better. I’ll pray for you too.