Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Late December Sleevers?

19 minutes ago, OscarsMom said:

I was but then switched over to Ollie brand (at Target). Taste like a Gummy bear, delicious and I'm familiar with the company, very high quality. No issues at all - I look forward to taking them.

Both my nutritionist and my surgeon have explicitly stated that gummies are not acceptable, so check with them if you haven't.

3 minutes ago, abefroman329 said:

Both my nutritionist and my surgeon have explicitly stated that gummies are not acceptable, so check with them if you haven't.

4 minutes ago, abefroman329 said:

Interesting - thanks. It's not in any of the material they gave me but I'm going for my two week post check up tomorrow and will ask.

1 minute ago, OscarsMom said:

Interesting - thanks. It's not in any of the material they gave me but I'm going for my two week post check up tomorrow and will ask.

Just called my nut and it's because they don't have Iron, but when I told her I'm taking a separate iron sup she said no problem then.

1 hour ago, OscarsMom said:

Just called my nut and it's because they don't have Iron, but when I told her I'm taking a separate Iron sup she said no problem then.

Oh interesting. I assumed the issue was the consistency.

Had my 2 week post op apt today and am cleared for soft/puréed foods! Yippee. I celebrated by taking myself out for sashimi. I ate four pieces and nothing else and I feel too full!!! I’m happy because I was scared I couldn’t feel full since my sleeve. Things are looking up, and now I know that I can only eat two pieces of sashimi :)

On 1/9/2018 at 10:53 AM, Lotte22 said:

I’m exactly two weeks out and have lost only 7 lbs since surgery.

Yesterday was 2 wks for me. I'm only down 10 post-op so far. I lost 5 within the first few days, gained back 1, lost 2, then lost 3. I was really discouraged around Day 5/6 when I gained back the 1 - but then Day 7 weigh-in I was down 7. Second week I only lost 3. I definitely thought I would lose more in the first few weeks and then it would slow down to 3-4 lbs/wk and then eventually slow down to 1-2/wk. I feel like I Barely Eat!! But have decided that stressing myself out is pointless as it only raises cortisol, which supposedly causes fat storage or something like that. Not worth it.

Bottom line is I'm down 10 at 2 wks, if I'm down 20 at the end of the first month, that would be pretty freaking awesome!! Plus, it looks like you started close to me? I was 205. They say we will lose a little slower...I am determined to only weigh-in once a week max, and to try Really Hard not to stress myself out over it because they say if you follow the program (post-op diet, etc.) you can't help but lose weight - just some of us at a different pace. Try not to make yourself feel bad - I know it's hard. Good luck :)

On 1/9/2018 at 12:46 PM, Brittanyblue said:

My tummy makes odd noises all the time, sounds like a dinosaur.

Lol, I call mine the "Rumble in the Jungle"!

5 minutes ago, Taylor5 said:

Lol, I call mine the "Rumble in the Jungle"!

Thats hilarious! I'll be sitting at work and it'll make a loud gurgle even when i'm not hungry and my coworkers can hear it. I'm like calmmmmmmmmmm down!

On 1/6/2018 at 10:45 AM, salutekellz1 said:

The sleeve is a restrictive surgery meaning restriction from the amount of food u can consume in one sitting. I’m 10 days out and I haven’t had one food make me sick and I can gulp Water too.

Same with me, I can gulp (so hard to remember Not To!), nothing has made me sick so far, but after a few sips of chicken broth or Protein Shake I have to wait about 5 mins, take a few more, and so on. Don't necessarily feel Full, but I get the sensation that things are starting to back up a little (like a little gurgling at mid chest area) so I wait for that to pass before taking more. I also feel hungry. It feels pretty real to me as I'm not only craving things like pizza & fries, but also feel I would make great sacrifices for a piece of toast or an apple, LOL, not exactly the kinds of things that tempted me before. But knowing I have the restriction keeps me from doing it, and that's a big part why I had the surgery too :) I think it is really helpful having others who went through the same thing at the same time now having similar struggles. It helps to not be the only one #thestruggleisreal haha.

5 minutes ago, Brittanyblue said:

my coworkers can hear it. I'm like calmmmmmmmmmm down!

The other night my husband thought it was our Water pipes!! Like nah, just my new plumbing :wacko:

2 minutes ago, Taylor5 said:

Same with me, I can gulp (so hard to remember Not To!), nothing has made me sick so far, but after a few sips of chicken broth or Protein Shake I have to wait about 5 mins, take a few more, and so on. Don't necessarily feel Full, but I get the sensation that things are starting to back up a little (like a little gurgling at mid chest area) so I wait for that to pass before taking more. I also feel hungry. It feels pretty real to me as I'm not only craving things like pizza & fries, but also feel I would make great sacrifices for a piece of toast or an apple, LOL, not exactly the kinds of things that tempted me before. But knowing I have the restriction keeps me from doing it, and that's a big part why I had the surgery too :) I think it is really helpful having others who went through the same thing at the same time now having similar struggles. It helps to not be the only one #thestruggleisreal haha.

I feel you! The beginning of the second week I craved pretzels! I've never craved that before the surgery. I feel like I am starting to notice the difference between my head hunger and real hunger, because my tummy does a special kind of noise when it's empty and wants something. But I cant tell you enough how hard it is to deal with head hunger. Makes you think what the heck do they put in food that makes it so addicting? I like the thought of being restricted because I had a problem with Portion Control and never feeling full. I would eat and eat until I feel full. I'm glad we have people to talk too and relate with, it feels nice!

The changes to our mind chemistry from this process are amazing. I had SUCH a vivid dream last night that I drank too much wine and all of a sudden realized I was eating crackers. I had a mouthful of crackers and pepperoni and I was trying to figure out if I had swallowed any or not and woke up completely panicked. Anyone else dreaming about food? The other night it was pizza - dreamt that I forgot I had surgery for a minute and gulped a piece down.

I just got released to regular food yesterday but I was going through liquid stage during the holidays. No fun at all to be having turkey broth while everyone else is eating the turkey and stuffing! I have 4 boys that came in from college so I didn't want to make them suffer without their favorites so I cooked the whole time they were home. They kept encouraging me when I felt like I wasn't a part of the meal by telling me how I was because I made it. I also sat with my Soup at the table. It puts your head in the right place though because you realize how you viewed food being the most important thing about getting together but I made it through. I am 235 and I was 256 the day of surgery. I was 276 when I had my first appointment with my surgeon. The way I already feel is amazing! My clothes are falling off me and I am wearing things that were too tight, like jeans! Hang in there! You can do this! I promise you every step gets better and better! I just joined the gym yesterday! Moving forward with life!

My 2 week appointment went well. I got approved for some more soft foods, even though I’m scared to eat them! I don’t want to throw up. Doc said I was probably eating too fast. I went to Newk’s after and had about half a cup of lobster crab bisque. It was DIVINE!

55 minutes ago, MissSimpson said:

My 2 week appointment went well. I got approved for some more soft foods, even though I’m scared to eat them! I don’t want to throw up. Doc said I was probably eating too fast. I went to Newk’s after and had about half a cup of lobster crab bisque. It was DIVINE!

Just go slow and you'll be fine. You know when your body is telling you too much is too much now.