Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November sleevers here

Surgery date was 11/15/17 in Mexico. Had a great recovery. Got home, did not feel like eating much and honestly still don't. Delicious smelling food is tempting but I just remind myself of the sick feeling I have when I try to push the limits of foods and it takes all the fun out of eating for me. But I suppose that's why I signed up for this, to break my old eating habits and be more realistic when eating as opposed to eating only for fun. I have lost a total of 30 lbs since the start of my fasting period pre-op! Along with 2 to 3 inches all over my body. I have gone through a couple days of no weight loss, then all of the sudden 3 days later after changing nothing, I will drop 3 lbs. My advice is keep thorough track of your weight and inches, and pictures. When you take weekly pictures and measurements, it reminds you why you are doing this. its hard to see the changes when you are so close to the situation, but easier to see the results when you have side by sides to compare. Good luck to everyone getting it done. I'm very happy I've made this decision in my life and hope you all end up feeling the same!

On 12/8/2017 at 11:08 AM, Tanyatata said:

What APP are you using to record your food?

MyFitnessPal. It's free!

I had my sleeve done 11/21/2017. Doing great, still can’t get the required amount of Water down. I guess that is because I was not a liquid drinker in the being.

Good evening, how have things been going since your surgery?

I did my surgery on December 6th, I'm struggle to with gas, abdominal discomfort and afraid to vomit after drinking my liquids. The Protein Shake that I drank before my surgery now taste horrible and the one the doctor recommended makes me vomit.

Have you heard of PowerBar Protein shaker it has 30 gram of protein 14 oz serving.

Hello November Sleevers! I hope you all are doing well. I had my surgery on 11/21, tomorrow will be 3 weeks exactly. I have lost just over 20lbs. Since starting the two week liquid diet, but I have been at the same weight here for almost two weeks. Like the number is not moving. I definitely feel better, I'm getting at least 60 oz of Fluid a day and hitting my Protein goals. Just seeing if anyone is having anything similar?

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

@BusyMom945, not stalled (but also don't weigh in daily so maybe there's been a couple of days of stalls) but wanted to comment because I was sleeved on the same day and have lost the same as you. Hopefully that's helpful as a comparison. Maybe each person loses differently? What I've read and heard is that as long as you're hitting your goals - it'll come off. Especially as early on as we are. I'm sure the scale will budge soon! :)

I think most of us do go through a stall sometime during the first month. I stalled weeks 4 & 5. Only lost a pound for two weeks. Finally losing again after starting my 6th week out. I was sleeved on Nov. 2. I actually just think it's something you just have to grin and bear. There is nothing you can really do about it except eat and drink according to your plan. It's so difficult and the second stall week I was really getting down, but so much better now that I am losing again. Hang in there! It will get better!

We had surgery the same day and I have loss the same amount. I’m still not getting the required liquid or Protein down. So today I started my 30 min walk on the treadmill and making sure that I eat three time a day and in between I’m doing 4 oz of protein. Hopefully the scale will started. Moving again.

Today is one month out for me! Down 29 lbs since surgery and 39 since I started the pre op diet. I now fit in size 18 jeans when I was wearing 24s in October. Only issue right now is dizziness when I stand up so I’m really pushing liquids to keep my blood pressure up.

HW: 282.2
SW: 255.4
CW: 226

6 1/2 weeks out and almost meeting my intake goals. People are noticing and asking questions (I told no one about the surgery )

I also actually consumed 700 cals yesterday, previously I was only getting in about 500 tops!!

hey all,

hope you're doing well. had my sleeve on Nov 7th, resting at home now. really looking forward to the rest of this journey!

Edited November 9 by sharkweek

My surgery date was November 7th also!! How are you doing? I've done pretty great thus far. I'm looking forward to next week, my birthday (december 19th) will be my six week mark and I'm excited but scared also. I don't want to slip back into old bad habits. I don't think I will but with the holiday's, it's going to be hard not to. I feel great AND I have more energy than I've had in years. I hope you are doing well also.

My surgery was 11/28. I’m meeting my Protein and fluid goals fairly easily, but this exercise thing has been killer! I walk at least a mile a day, but any slight hill I’m huffing and puffing! Can’t wait to have a little more energy [emoji5] but I’ll push through it until then and give myself some grace.