Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 hours ago, KIP-MI said:

I’m amazed at some of these pre-op diets. My surgery is Nov 21. I’m on day two of my pre-op diet and it’s no fun! Mine requires three Premier Proteins, one yogurt, four cups lettuce, two tbl lite dressing. I can add broth and Jello. I’m not starving but boy oh boy do I want real food. How will I get through the next 12 days!?!

@KIP-MI You got this!! Mind over matter and the 21st will be here before you know it. I’m 2 days post op and I had a hiatal hernia repair and the sleeve. I had some intense pain right after but it has subsided. Just remember you got this!!

Thanks ReneeShante! Actually I have to say when I got on the scale this morning and saw that I'm miraculously down 10 pounds my motivation was fully awakened!

Glad you are feeling better. Keep us posted!

Trying to cut caffeine again (did it in Sept/Oct thinking I’d have an Oct surgery) and this time it sucks! I was at half caff doing great, any less and I become a sloth. I gave in and bought a half caff from Starbucks (campus coffee shop) and I feel like I have a brain again! I have a test in 3 hours and needed to be able to focus for it. I think I might be able to get away with a few sips, just enough to keep me functioning & able to study for my test. Back to 1/4 caff tomorrow, I will adjust to that or less before my classes next week [emoji1360]

Have a great day!

Amanda [emoji16]

HW 248 CW 241 Surgery Date: pending 11/21/2017. Goal weight 150’ish [emoji23]

Had my surgery on Tuesday and everything went well. I really had no pain from the surgery but I cannot sip Water AT ALL. The first two days of just came straight back up. Has anyone experienced that?

Now I can take a sip and keep it down but I feel painfully full. They're not letting me get home until I get through four cups an hour. I have no idea how to do that!

3 hours ago, emgem said:

Had my surgery on Tuesday and everything went well. I really had no pain from the surgery but I cannot sip Water AT ALL. The first two days of just came straight back up. Has anyone experienced that?

Now I can take a sip and keep it down but I feel painfully full. They're not letting me get home until I get through four cups an hour. I have no idea how to do that!

I'm kinda having that issue myself today. Too full to keep anything down and when I toss it back up it still won't let me sip. I'll get though this. I'm more stubborn.

I'm kinda having that issue myself today. Too full to keep anything down and when I toss it back up it still won't let me sip. I'll get though this. I'm more stubborn.

Have you been allowed to go home yet? They won't let me leave until I drink a lot more... and I miss home!

2 minutes ago, emgem said:

Have you been allowed to go home yet? They won't let me leave until I drink a lot more... and I miss home!

I'm still in the hospital. They're thinking tomorrow if I can get 2000 ml of Fluid down.

I am so excited but a little bummed. I got my date, yay! But, it’s for the day after Thanksgiving [emoji20]. I am a nurse and have every other Thanksgiving off and of course I have this year off. And I will be on the clear liquid diet for the entire week. I am almost considering working it for another co-worker so I don’t have to watch everyone eat but I am a little worried that I may be irritable from the Clear Liquids [emoji51].

6 minutes ago, Kate D said:

I am so excited but a little bummed. I got my date, yay! But, it’s for the day after Thanksgiving emoji20.png. I am a nurse and have every other Thanksgiving off and of course I have this year off. And I will be on the clear liquid diet for the entire week. I am almost considering working it for another co-worker so I don’t have to watch everyone eat but I am a little worried that I may be irritable from the Clear Liquids emoji51.png.

That is a bummer! I'll just be one day home from the hospital on Thanksgiving. Clearly I'm just skipping this year. Since I'm typically the host (and cook) everyone else is going out for dinner. LOL

10 minutes ago, Kate D said:

I am so excited but a little bummed. I got my date, yay! But, it’s for the day after Thanksgiving emoji20.png. I am a nurse and have every other Thanksgiving off and of course I have this year off. And I will be on the clear liquid diet for the entire week. I am almost considering working it for another co-worker so I don’t have to watch everyone eat but I am a little worried that I may be irritable from the Clear Liquids emoji51.png.

I'm also on the liquid diet during Thanksgiving week :( My surgery is 11/28 though. We can make it!

20 hours ago, alli.wakefield said:

@beckyagain What all does your liver shrinking diet entail? I've found most differ a little from doctor to doctor. I am 8 days into my liver shrinking diet and have another six to go. I can have unlimited Protein Shakes, white meat (such as chicken, turkey, fish), low-fat cottage cheese and low-fat plain Greek yogurt and sugar free Water enhancers and sugar-free popsicles

It's high Protein, very low sugar, very low carb, low fat. I can do all Protein Shakes (every 2-3 hours) or I can have shakes for Snacks and then 2-4 oz lean protein and non-starchy vegetables at "meals". It's a lot like what I'll be eating around 4-6 weeks post op, I believe? This part won't be fun, but it helps that I have a goal in mind and a surgery date. (The last 2 days before surgery are liquid only.)

Thanks all I’m doing great the dr did my sleeve and repaired a huge hiatal hernia so I’m really sore taking small sips walking and lots of sleep it’s hard to stay awake! Good Luck to all 😘

I was sleeved yesterday. I was great walked no pain. I felt nauseous 1x & they gave me meds for that. Today had the barium test so they could see if any leaks. Since then feeling kinda blah. I'm supposed to be sipping 1 oz of Water each hr my stomach cramps up with it something terrible. I had dry heaves earlier today. I'm starting to swell up & they changed the Fluid bag to something without sugar because my sugar went up to 177 & it's normally low 90's. The cramping in my stomach feels like it's seizing up. I keep walking walking walking hoping that goes away. I'm also freezing most of the time & I'm rarely cold

November 14 for me. I️ am in Tennesse