Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Update 3 Days post-op I’ve had zero nausea or vomiting but the first two days was a Fluid struggle I stayed up til almost 3am just to get in 30oz! Today I started early and have 19oz of my min 30 but trying to get closer to 64oz. I can have Protein today so those count for fluid and protein! Good luck all happy healing! The struggle is real!

6 minutes ago, SeaSounders♥ said:

Update 3 Days post-op I’ve had zero nausea or vomiting but the first two days was a Fluid struggle I stayed up til almost 3am just to get in 30oz! Today I started early and have 19oz of my min 30 but trying to get closer to 64oz. I can have Protein today so those count for Fluid and protein! Good luck all happy healing! The struggle is real!

I hear ya. Sippy Sippy Sippy is a little sing song I sing to myself. It gets me through it. Popcicles are worth 3 oz... just a heads up.

5 days post op, very little nausea. Threw up once from drinking Protein Drink to fast. I’ve been getting close to my 65 Protein and 62 Water a day. Surgery was Tuesday and home by Wednesday night. Still a little sore my staples feel like someone pulling on my skin. Other then that it’s been good.

@CamillaCallie yes it’s very hard. I walk s much as I can. I drink maybe 2 shakes a day. About 10oz of Water. I feel like l am always full. So is your site very sore too. What have you been doing for it. I don’t t take the pain meds cause they just make me sleepy.

[mention=322457]CamillaCallie[/mention] yes it’s very hard. I walk s much as I can. I drink maybe 2 shakes a day. About 10oz of Water. I feel like l am always full. So is your site very sore too. What have you been doing for it. I don’t t take the pain meds cause they just make me sleepy.

I haven't tried the Protein Shakes yet. I bought Protein water, waiting for it to deliver. Whenever I walk, I have to hold my stomach bc it's really painful. I showered today which made me feel better. I've been taking the pain meds but i agree, I don't like how they make me sleepy. I just want to fast forward this part :(

2 hours ago, CamillaCallie said:

I haven't tried the Protein Shakes yet. I bought Protein Water, waiting for it to deliver. Whenever I walk, I have to hold my stomach bc it's really painful. I showered today which made me feel better. I've been taking the pain meds but i agree, I don't like how they make me sleepy. I just want to fast forward this part

Maybe I should try the Protein water. I can get all my fluids that way. I put a ab binder on today and it work. Still pain but not that much. I can get up and down much easier.

Maybe I should try the Protein Water. I can get all my fluids that way. I put a ab binder on today and it work. Still pain but not that much. I can get up and down much easier.

I use mine. I find the tighter you make it, the less pain. Still painful but easier. Let's hope this gets easier. I need to walk more.

18 minutes ago, CamillaCallie said:

I use mine. I find the tighter you make it, the less pain. Still painful but easier. Let's hope this gets easier. I need to walk more.

I agree me too.^_^

15 minutes ago, iHealthy said:

Hi! What kind of ab binder? Looking on Amazon. Thanks!

Mines look like this. I got it from Walmart.

BEF3A0A6-4BCA-47B2-8921-53350C6A5F7C.png

7 hours ago, SeaSounders♥ said:

Update 3 Days post-op I’ve had zero nausea or vomiting but the first two days was a Fluid struggle I stayed up til almost 3am just to get in 30oz! Today I started early and have 19oz of my min 30 but trying to get closer to 64oz. I can have Protein today so those count for Fluid and protein! Good luck all happy healing! The struggle is real!

Good luck

I hear ya. Sippy Sippy Sippy is a little sing song I sing to myself. It gets me through it. Popcicles are worth 3 oz... just a heads up.

Thank you sugar free popsicles has been such a great help I made it to 64oz on day 3!!

1 hour ago, SeaSounders♥ said:

Thank you sugar free popsicles has been such a great help I made it to 64oz on day 3!!

½ cup Jello is worth 2 oz. I think. I could be wrong

I'm struggling with my gut having fits, like seizing up. VERY painful. Takes my breath away. In the hospital it did that and gave me nausea pretty bad. I was sleeved 11/8 and released 11/10 but they almost were not going to release me cuz of that. Once I got home, I figured that I was just DAMNED HUNGRY!!!! At that point I had been 5 days with just liquids! So since I could have Protein Drinks, I made myself a nice smoothie and spent some time drinking that down. That helped so much. So I think my gut seizes up when I'm hungry ....that's my new hunger pain! Problem....it will do it about midnight, 2am or so. So I am literally getting up and putting something into me, shake or yogurt or Jello or something to get it to stop.

I am not struggling with the Protein because I will double up on my scoops for a shake or use some Greek yogurt or add a scoop of medical grade whey isolete to my tea (30 grams right there with the tea!!). However, I am struggling with my fluids. My new gut HATES Water. Which is weird because other than 2 coffees in morning before all I drank was water and not flavored or anything just a gallon of water every day. But now that same water makes my gut hurt a bit. So....what counts as "fluids"? I know if I make a cup of Decaf tea or coffee that I can count that. Same with any flavored waters. I'm assuming that broth can be counted. Popsicles were mentioned. How about Jello? What about milk to make protein smoothies? I usually add water to them as well, and count that. I feel like I may be getting in my "fluids" just not counting them correctly. My husband and I had a good system yesterday. He was making himself a sandwich and wanted Soup with it. I said what if we open 2 cans and I take the broth from one can and you can have the noodles etc. He said open one can, I hate the broth. Which I agree with but now I have to love the broth LOL So he had a pile of soup noodles and veggies and I had that broth. It was delish.

I'm not on any pain meds. In hospital I didn't want narcotics and was able to manage any pain with super doses of tylenol and motrin. I've never had surgery or any reason to take pain meds so I was able to get away with that. My whole belly is very bloated. And seems "heavy". So much so that I find myself holding it when I walk down stairs and sometimes just walking. I have not been good about walking at home. I got released Friday night at 6pm and it was like -15 out with windchill factor. Same with all day yesterday (Saturday), insane wind and wicked wicked cold. Today is supposed to be cold but not as bad and sun out...so I will be taking advantage and going on multiple walks. My little dogs are going nuts without there walks. Oh and my hubby is driving me insane. Every time I move, are you ok. I get out of bed in the night to potty, are you ok. I get that he's concerned, but I really am doing ok with the exception of my damned new stomach seizing up. He goes back to work tomorrow and I will go back to work on Thursday. Hopefully he'll stop a bit once he's busier. LOL So any suggestions on the fluids. I'm open. Just want to make sure I'm doing everything I can to heal and get to living again. Oh and PS....my husband was eating potato chips and I wanted one soooo bad. I wanted his grilled cheese sandwich too!!! I didn't feel hungry, so there's my head hunger just a day out of hospital!! ugh!