Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 hours ago, BunnyJean said:

I was sleeved yesterday. I was great walked no pain. I felt nauseous 1x & they gave me meds for that. Today had the barium test so they could see if any leaks. Since then feeling kinda blah. I'm supposed to be sipping 1 oz of Water each hr my stomach cramps up with it something terrible. I had dry heaves earlier today. I'm starting to swell up & they changed the Fluid bag to something without sugar because my sugar went up to 177 & it's normally low 90's. The cramping in my stomach feels like it's seizing up. I keep walking walking walking hoping that goes away. I'm also freezing most of the time & I'm rarely cold

I was sleeved on the 8th. I did fine on Wed, then Thurs I started having issues. Couldn't keep any thing down, they gave me a nausea shot and it didn't help took a while to find one that did. My stomach is no fool.. it hates me hahaha. I'm doing better after I slept some, and now I'm back to sipping Water. So here's hoping I've turned the corner. Other than that my incision is still a bit sore from there they took my stomach out. I keep ice on it and that helps along with a pain pill.

November 13th is my date, here in NJ. I’m excited yet nervous. I don’t have an official pre-op diet, but it was recommended to do liquids 2 days prior. I’ve been binging the past few days, so I tried to start liquids today and failed miserably ! I was amazed on how much I wanted something with texture to chew on...and then I gave in a few times. Ugh! I’m gonna start fresh tomorrow, now that I kinda know what to expect. Cheers to starting over 🥂

I am so excited but a little bummed. I got my date, yay! But, it’s for the day after Thanksgiving . I am a nurse and have every other Thanksgiving off and of course I have this year off. And I will be on the clear liquid diet for the entire week. I am almost considering working it for another co-worker so I don’t have to watch everyone eat but I am a little worried that I may be irritable from the Clear Liquids .

That’s probably what I would do . Work, work, work. Keep your mind busy . Plus then your coworker will owe you one.

November 13th is my date, here in NJ. I’m excited yet nervous. I don’t have an official pre-op diet, but it was recommended to do liquids 2 days prior. I’ve been binging the past few days, so I tried to start liquids today and failed miserably [emoji30]! I was amazed on how much I wanted something with texture to chew on...and then I gave in a few times. Ugh! I’m gonna start fresh tomorrow, now that I kinda know what to expect. Cheers to starting over 🥂

Good luck on starting again !!That is a smart approach. I didn’t prepare at all and did my liquid only sugar free caffeine free preop diet from one day to the next and have had a miserable headache, nausea and light headed. Hopefully this subsides after surgery.

Anyone else terrified of getting sick? I feel like everyone around me either has strep, pneumonia or a cold. Tis' the season! I am so paranoid about it. At my pre-anesthesia appointment the nurse said my surgery would most likely be cancelled if I get sick. Thursday can't come soon enough!😬😬

I know exactly what you mean. My surgery is this Wednesday and I woke up this morning with a scratchy throats on one side. It's springtime here (Australia) so I am convincing myself it's just a bit of hayfever! I am up to day 11 of the pre-op diet, so there's no stopping me now!

1 hour ago, Sue Sayers said:

I know exactly what you mean. My surgery is this Wednesday and I woke up this morning with a scratchy throats on one side. It's springtime here (Australia) so I am convincing myself it's just a bit of hayfever! I am up to day 11 of the pre-op diet, so there's no stopping me now!

You've got this. I went in with hay fever and it worked out to my favor. For every cough or sneeze I got some of the gas out. Good luck on Wednesday!

On 11/9/2017 at 8:12 PM, SeaSounders♥ said:

Thanks all I’m doing great the dr did my sleeve and repaired a huge hiatal hernia so I’m really sore taking small sips walking and lots of sleep it’s hard to stay awake! Good Luck to all 😘

I had the same thing. Very sore and tired. I sleeved on Wednesday the 8th

My surgery is on November 21. I’m terrified of being intubated. Do you know if this was part of your surgery? Did you even know it happened? I was worried about sedation during my EGD but that was a breeze.

2 minutes ago, KIP-MI said:

My surgery is on November 21. I’m terrified of being intubated. Do you know if this was part of your surgery? Did you even know it happened? I was worried about sedation during my EGD but that was a breeze.

It was part of mine. I never felt it or knew it was going on. The only thing I had to show for it was a scratchy throat.. and it wasn't painful. Just breathe. You will get through this.

3 minutes ago, KIP-MI said:

Hey. I haven't had my sleeve yet (Monday yeah!) But I have had several surgeries/procedures and I assume they put in a tube. My throat is usually sore when I wake up. But they wait until you're asleep to do it so other than the after effect of a sore throat you probably won't even know it.

Mix equal parts honey and apple cider vinegar and warm it up a tiny bit in the microwave. Take one shot glass full twice a day today and it will kill that on contact. Catch it before it starts incase it is strep or something [emoji1360]

Have a great day!

Amanda [emoji16]

HW 248 CW 241 Surgery Date: pending 11/21/2017. Goal weight 150’ish [emoji23]

@miss.sleevy.baby You can do it. Put your big girl pants on and start again.

UPDATE: I got sleeved on 11/7/15. I had no problems no issues with gas ,drinking. Or pain. Friday, Guys let me tell you the I started having the worst pain from the site where my stomach was pulled through boy it hurts a lot. It hurt most to stand up fron a chair or sit. 😧

1 hour ago, BabyFat23 said:

UPDATE: I got sleeved on 11/7/15. I had no problems no issues with gas ,drinking. Or pain. Friday, Guys let me tell you the I started having the worst pain from the site where my stomach was pulled through boy it hurts a lot. It hurt most to stand up fron a chair or sit. 😧

I feel the same exact way. I've drank about 20oz of fluids today and tried to walk as much as possible. This is hard.

1 hour ago, BabyFat23 said: