Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

14 hours ago, heycrystal2052 said:

You need to change your habits and try to really focus on that, your mind shouldn't immediately go to this. Are you able to eat Pork rinds w/ hot sauce?

I am not allowed pork rinds till 6 weeks+ so out puree stage. When were you allowed it ?

In my opinion, if you are already "cheating" and eating the old way post surgery, then perhaps you were not ready to seriously do this to reclaim your life. Maybe you should go back to counseling to refocus and adjust for this major life change. Remember: No challenge, no change. If you were going to continue down the same path using the same approach, you could have saved your money, time, and expenses by staying like you were. #IJS #IfYouWorkItYouCanWinIt!

Sent from my XT1097 using BariatricPal mobile app

Lol chill dude it was just a question.

1 hour ago, MochaKelly said:

In my opinion, if you are already "cheating" and eating the old way post surgery, then perhaps you were not ready to seriously do this to reclaim your life. Maybe you should go back to counseling to refocus and adjust for this major life change. Remember: No challenge, no change. If you were going to continue down the same path using the same approach, you could have saved your money, time, and expenses by staying like you were. #IJS #IfYouWorkItYouCanWinIt!

^ this ^... not helpful.

Lets not project your own insecurities and struggles onto others.

This journey isn't a one size fits all. So calm yourself.

I don't get why people are so quick to judge and assume on here.... find yourself a hug.

Some of us struggle minute by minute with temptation to eat something that could satisfy an old urge but not subvert "the program". So just asking a question about watermelon (pure sugar) when you are so recently out of surgery and trying to avoid sugar kind of makes a reader feel panic....because we had the same process and we followed the doc's orders and we cleared out anything that might tempt us to stray from ketosis....and we thought we conquered it only to find that 4 or 5 years of living with out these temptations does not make it easier to continue down the path of maintenance nor does it guarantee that we won't slip up and be tempted again. It's such a scary path and so easy to slide off. If you can seriously look at that and consider it a possibility and say 'chill' well....WOW that's unreal. I hope you will share this years from now after you have successfully reached your goal and maintained it beyond 3 years and can actually eat anything you want at that stage without regaining...i hope you write a book telling us how it's done!

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

^ this ^... not helpful.
Lets not project your own insecurities and struggles onto others.
This journey isn't a one size fits all. So calm yourself.
I don't get why people are so quick to judge and assume on here.... find yourself a hug.

Let me be brief and clear. Opinions are like rear ends, everyone has one and I posted mine. I don't have any "insecurities and struggles" that I am projecting on to anyone. I spoke truth about accountability, with "food for thought" which is why, as someone stated earlier, many of us had to resort to WLS in the first place-- not holding our selves accountable for our own undoing. Now, if you are unable to cosign my OPINION, that is fine (your red wagon-- you can push or pull that); however, don't try to psychoanalyze me with empty rhetoric. I stated my OPINION on the matter and stand behind it. #ThatIsAll

I am not allowed Pork rinds till 6 weeks+ so out puree stage. When were you allowed it ?

You may find that you can't tolerate them any more like me. The smell now is nauseating and they stick in my throat and upper pouch area. I can do cracklins in small amounts now. I had to totally revamp. I hope you are able to have them because I was shocked by how my body responded.

I have had no trouble with spices and chili. I agree with the others though, stay away from sugar and candy.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using BariatricPal mobile app

Stay away from it there is no nutrition at all and giving into cravings now is setting yourself up for failure. Also beware a lot of the chili powders like Tajin have sugar in them as well, if you have not dumped or gotten sick this would be a good way to cause it.

Spicy can be good to help certain cravings for example I wanted buffalo wings something fierce and boiled some chicken minced it and used a little light mayo and sugar free buffalo sauce, was it the same as a fried wing? No but it was close enough you just need to find a suitable substitute.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

6 hours ago, MochaKelly said:

Let me be brief and clear. Opinions are like rear ends, everyone has one and I posted mine. I don't have any "insecurities and struggles" that I am projecting on to anyone. I spoke truth about accountability, with "food for thought" which is why, as someone stated earlier, many of us had to resort to WLS in the first place-- not holding our selves accountable for our own undoing. Now, if you are unable to cosign my OPINION, that is fine (your red wagon-- you can push or pull that); however, don't try to psychoanalyze me with empty rhetoric. I stated my OPINION on the matter and stand behind it. #ThatIsAll

I love you! lol

The way I see it, people ask for advice and I assume, they ask w/ the intent of getting and honest (or what is honest for the person answering) answer. We're not here to respond in ways that'll kiss your butt, we respond in ways that we can relate to and that relate to others. Yes, at the end of the day, it is an opinion. Sadly, we've come to a time where many people don't understand the base of an opinion. You find a message in an opinion or you keep it moving. I, personally, would pass up a small sucker that will put crap carbs and sugar into my body, but again, I take my WLS seriously. Either we have discipline or we don't. We need to help those who are actually making an attempt to try and not those who live by "Hey, I'm going through something, one bite will not hurt". Oh, trust me, it will.

Try to puree some chili, It will provide you with the spice you need (spices never bothered me either) and still provide a good bit of nutrition and best of all Protein.

I love you! lol

The way I see it, people ask for advice and I assume, they ask w/ the intent of getting and honest (or what is honest for the person answering) answer. We're not here to respond in ways that'll kiss your butt, we respond in ways that we can relate to and that relate to others. Yes, at the end of the day, it is an opinion. Sadly, we've come to a time where many people don't understand the base of an opinion. You find a message in an opinion or you keep it moving. I, personally, would pass up a small sucker that will put crap carbs and sugar into my body, but again, I take my WLS seriously. Either we have discipline or we don't. We need to help those who are actually making an attempt to try and not those who live by "Hey, I'm going through something, one bite will not hurt". Oh, trust me, it will.

See. You feel what I am saying and seem serious about this process like I am. Please save me as a friend. I can't figure out how.lol I would LOVE to be your accountability partner! I did this to change and win. If I wanted to eat junk and struggle, I would have saved the expenses incurred, time, and energy. #TransformationTeam

38 minutes ago, MochaKelly said:

See. You feel what I am saying and seem serious about this process like I am. Please save me as a friend. I can't figure out how.lol I would LOVE to be your accountability partner! I did this to change and win. If I wanted to eat junk and struggle, I would have saved the expenses incurred, time, and energy. #TransformationTeam

Done, done, and heck yes!!!

#subtle...

Some people seem to have a hero complex. I get it. Save us all please.

At the end of the day. The buck stops with the individual. I take my WLS serious as anyone but I'm not going to standby while you forum shame me or anyone over a 10c sucker.

Once again. The OP asked "can she".. the answer is always "of course you can"... but we all must ask ourselves "should we..."

@MochaKelly have you found that hug yet?