Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on July 16, I'm on purées and soft foods but just can't with this urge of something spicy. Image1502180283.273095.thumb.jpg.70e305ba9a33b60c0f93b9c9c02fcbe6.jpg

You're on purée and soft food. Is it a purée or a soft food? What does your plan say?

20 minutes ago, Mersh said:

Some people seem to have a hero complex. I get it. Save us all please.

You should have been here a few months ago. ;)

At the end of the day. The buck stops with the individual. I take my WLS serious as anyone but I'm not going to standby while you forum shame me or anyone over a 10c sucker.
Once again. The OP asked "can she".. the answer is always "of course you can"... but we all must ask ourselves "should we..."
[mention=323375]MochaKelly[/mention] have you found that hug yet?

I'm no hero, Doll. I am just following the plan to reclaim what was lost for me. Let me break it down for you in a simple way so that you can perhaps understand how social media and forums work. There was no "shaming" done here. I did not personally attack or belittle anyone, so your use of the term does not apply in this context. Now, if for any reason, you felt "shamed" or emotionally charged by the statement, that's YOUR issue that YOU have to deal with, so you can save the semantics. In a social media or forum environment, you will not necessarily agree with most or any of the posts listed. Each person will post his or her OPINION as I did. I stated nothing but FACTS; however, I am quite aware that others may not hold themselves to the same accountability level as required by the program to which we are all subscribing to regain health and wholeness. I don't mince words offline so please understand that I will not mince words here. Now to wrap this up in a neat, little bow for you, please "overstand" that although I commented, I could give less than two bowel movements (insert the other term) about what someone else is choosing because I am winning and went under the knife with the intent of succeeding. I am here seeking dialogue and comrades with the same laser focus and commitment to what we signed up for the surgery to obtain. Obviously, you are not committed because you are cosigning for someone to take the path to failure, thus jeopardizing her health and investment. For all of the "Lollipop Lickers"out there, if a lollipop is worth all of that, so be it. Be accountable for your actions and the role you are playing in your own undoing. #FinalPostOnThisMatter #KeepItMoving #WeAreWinningOverHere #WorkingThisPlan

Sent from my XT1097 using BariatricPal mobile app

Too many hangry people in this thread already.

Amazing how a question about a little lollipop can lead to such drama.

From the looks of it has zero Protein and 15g of carbs. I would never suggest you eat that. Try some sugar free Jello with some seasoning on it.

I'm no hero, Doll. I am just following the plan to reclaim what was lost for me. Let me break it down for you in a simple way so that you can perhaps understand how social media and forums work. There was no "shaming" done here. I did not personally attack or belittle anyone, so your use of the term does not apply in this context. Now, if for any reason, you felt "shamed" or emotionally charged by the statement, that's YOUR issue that YOU have to deal with, so you can save the semantics. In a social media or forum environment, you will not necessarily agree with most or any of the posts listed. Each person will post his or her OPINION as I did. I stated nothing but FACTS; however, I am quite aware that others may not hold themselves to the same accountability level as required by the program to which we are all subscribing to regain health and wholeness. I don't mince words offline so please understand that I will not mince words here. Now to wrap this up in a neat, little bow for you, please "overstand" that although I commented, I could give less than two bowel movements (insert the other term) about what someone else is choosing because I am winning and went under the knife with the intent of succeeding. I am here seeking dialogue and comrades with the same laser focus and commitment to what we signed up for the surgery to obtain. Obviously, you are not committed because you are cosigning for someone to take the path to failure, thus jeopardizing her health and investment. For all of the "Lollipop Lickers"out there, if a lollipop is worth all of that, so be it. Be accountable for your actions and the role you are playing in your own undoing. #FinalPostOnThisMatter #KeepItMoving #WeAreWinningOverHere #WorkingThisPlan

Amen!!! Please add me as a friend. We need to be honest on this site.

7 hours ago, Mersh said:

At the end of the day. The buck stops with the individual. I take my WLS serious as anyone but I'm not going to standby while you forum shame me or anyone over a 10c sucker.

Once again. The OP asked "can she".. the answer is always "of course you can"... but we all must ask ourselves "should we..."

@MochaKelly have you found that hug yet?

"Can we?" To be honest, if there are any issues on this thread, it should be addressed by the "OP". If you're butt hurt over anything that was said, you can privately email that person. Generally, that's how adults behave, or at least, so I thought.

Thank you for your concern about @MochaKelly, I gave her a hug w/ a high 5 :)

If the poster doesn't want honest feedback from all types of people w/ different views, she may want to find people who will go along w/ whatever she "feels" is best to sabotage herself with. People are honest, opinionated, and very direct on a lot of these threads. Get over yourself and realize, not everyone deals with people or situations the way you do. Hugs, mwah!

Be well and be the best you!

@MochaKelly

@MochaKelly

You must have voted for trump for all that "winning" you are doing.

As for your over opinionated self. Good luck in life kid. Hope that cape you wear keeps you flying.

A little advice for someone who's several years out:

Learn to delay gratification now, or you'll never be able to do it. It only gets harder and harder the further out post surgery you are. Why do you think there's almost a 50% regain weight from these surgeries?

The "I want it now!" mentality is what got us all morbidly obese in the first place.

Edited by Greensleevie

Is'there really a 50% regain?

8 minutes ago, reallyrosy said:

"The average excess weight lost following laparoscopic gastric bypass surgery is about 65% (in other words, at 100 pounds overweight the average patient loses almost 70 pounds). Many patients have seen results of well over 80%. “Mostpatients keep at least 50% of their excess weight off after 10 years.”

A little advice for someone who's several years out:
Learn to delay gratification now, or you'll never be able to do it. It only gets harder and harder the further out post surgery you are. Why do you think there's almost a 50% regain weight from these surgeries?
The "I want it now!" mentality is what got us all morbidly obese in the first place.

#TruthFromTheMouthOfAVeteranSleever

18 hours ago, reallyrosy said:

Regain is classified gaining weight after you hit your goal though... So yea, people do, but that is even extremely varied. Some can and do gain it all back, but I'd chalk that up to the exception and those who have absolutely zero discipline/mental health/injury etc.