Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Proteinaholic by Dr Garth Davis

9 hours ago, Apple1 said:

f I am understanding what I am reading correctly, by eating low carb I am kind of artificially lowering my bs, but I haven't cured the real problem which is fat blocking the receptors in my cells. This whole food plant based diet will clean the fat out of my cells and also lower

Exactly that!!! No need for apologies, I loved reading every bit of it. I learned something too. So it's all good. I'm happy for you, ya know? Just genuinely happy for ya. 😊

Edited by Newme17

9 hours ago, smooshycheeks said:

That is exactly what he replied to me. I asked why the pre and postop diets rely so heavily on animal Protein, and what is the physiological benefit. He said "None. Dogma."

Love it! Yay!!!!!

This video clip really is a wake up call for me. I pray more type 2 diabetics will research further the best diet.

https://nutritionfacts.org/video/when-drugs-diets-dont-lower-diabetes-deaths/

21 hours ago, Apple1 said:

This video clip really is a wake up call for me. I pray more type 2 diabetics will research further the best diet.

https://nutritionfacts.org/video/when-drugs-diets-dont-lower-diabetes-deaths/

Omg....

The intensive blood sugar lowering with drugs increased mortality.

Not cool.

Well, hidden veggies in mac n cheese didn't do the wonder I had hoped for. None of my kids liked it. Lol But, they did eat the chickpea and lentil nuggets I made! I'll take that success. Of course my husband ate everything. (That is his plate I do not like ketchup)

IMG_3194.JPG

I did not read the book but started vegetable juicing 4 yrs ago. It really made a difference. Now since surgery we are juicing more.

We do romaine lettuce, cilantro, lemon, green apple, celery, cucumber and ginger.

I saw the movie "forks over knives" on netflix, and have my own copy. It's about the China study and Dr Edelstein.

I have one kidney and cannot do alot of Protein as well.

I am going yo read the book because I believe in plant based to reverse disease, that's why we juice!

1 hour ago, K_aane said:

I have one kidney and cannot do alot of Protein as well.

My cousin by marriage has one kidney functioning at 5% and he's going all in with a whole foods plant based diet as well. There has been amazing testimonies of bodies healing or just getting better through the whole foods plant based diet and I'll hold on to that hope for all. Blessings to you hon. You'll find the book pretty fascinating. There's also Dr Michael Greger's book (that I yet to have) called "How Not To Die"....he talks about the benefits of plant based and different diseases, etc. I'm going to be getting that one next.

My cousin by marriage has one kidney functioning at 5% and he's going all in with a whole foods plant based diet as well. There has been amazing testimonies of bodies healing or just getting better through the whole foods plant based diet and I'll hold on to that hope for all. Blessings to you hon. You'll find the book pretty fascinating. There's also Dr Michael Greger's book (that I yet to have) called "How Not To Die"....he talks about the benefits of plant based and different diseases, etc. I'm going to be getting that one next.

Thank you and God Bless! I lost my kidney when I had pneumonia on 2011 that almost killed me. I have good function gor one kidney. The weight loss will help. I also drink green juice everyday thst we make and freeze. It has really helped!
Plant based is the way to go. I am no longer diabetic since surgery 7/21, praise,Jesus! My hubby is still diabetic but we are both on the vegi route!

HW 274 SW 263 GW 125 GASTRIC SLEEVE 7/21/17. Height 5'1" instagram: K_aane_VSG

21 hours ago, K_aane said:

Thank you and God Bless! I lost my kidney when I had pneumonia on 2011 that almost killed me. I have good function gor one kidney. The weight loss will help. I also drink green juice everyday thst we make and freeze. It has really helped!
Plant based is the way to go. I am no longer diabetic since surgery 7/21, praise,Jesus! My hubby is still diabetic but we are both on the vegi route!

HW 274 SW 263 GW 125 GASTRIC SLEEVE 7/21/17. Height 5'1" instagram: K_aane_VSG

Your hubby will definitely reap the benefits of plant based as well! I'm happy or you two. and yes, praise Jesus! :)

So, this ought to puff up some of the men...LOL Under the topic of IGF1: Another Smoking Gun (pg 194-196).

"And for "manly" men concerned about getting enough Protein, another study found that despite having lower IGF1 levels, the vegan men actually had higher testosterone levels than vegetarians and meat eaters (Allen, Appleby, et al. 2000)."

I honestly believe this accounts as for why vegan athletes tend to be stronger and agile. My husband even says he feels like the muscles he's building is staying put this time around. Kind of weird, but hey, he must be having more testosterone. lol

Edited by Newme17

True story:

Weighed in at 205 at the doc office. All my bloodwork is great!!! I've got a copy of it for future reference. Doctor was skeptical of Proteinaholic, BUT I've got him asking all sorts of questions. Haha! I told him he's got three months to read the book before my next follow up. 😂 He wasn't concerned of any of my numbers, so I was released with a "Good, keep it up." NUT wasn't my usual!!! She's (the usual) gone now...so sad. I was so excited about bringing the book. But that was ok, I shared with the new NUT anyway. She says "ok. You're still getting plant Protein. I trust you." Hahahahaha!

Hi Guys!!
I'm officially 10 days post on, and doing SUPER on WFPB!!! Now, I'm still on liquids until the 24th, but have been making my own veggie juices and LURVE them!!!

On a side note, in immediate post on, my surgeon told us that I had NO VISCERAL FAT on my organs!! Completely unheard of for a 300lb person!! I know that this is because of my diet. This alone makes me super happy!! And I wish that same health and happiness for ALL!!!

HW 355
SW 315
CW 301

catt

On 7/30/2017 at 4:45 PM, Newme17 said:

With that said, the first people, outside of forums, I've decided to share my newfound knowledge with were my parents.

My adult son comes by our house 1-2 times a week to do his laundry..lol.. When he is over he always opens up the fridge to see what I have for leftovers. Yesterday he stops by and I can hear him rummaging around in the fridge and he yells out Mom are you and Dad eating vegan now...lol.

He couldn't find any lunch meat or cheese in the fridge. He thinks it is cool, but he asked me if I am still cooking a turkey for Thanksgiving. I did't know the answer. I am still thinking about that one.

1 hour ago, Apple1 said:

My adult son comes by our house 1-2 times a week to do his laundry..lol.. When he is over he always opens up the fridge to see what I have for leftovers. Yesterday he stops by and I can hear him rummaging around in the fridge and he yells out Mom are you and Dad eating vegan now...lol.

He couldn't find any lunch meat or cheese in the fridge. He thinks it is cool, but he asked me if I am still cooking a turkey for Thanksgiving. I did't know the answer. I am still thinking about that one.

No need to have a poor turkey loose his or her life! There are SO many other options. I am totally obsessed with Field Roast's hazelnut en croute roast. It's not health food, but it's really damn good.

If you want something that's less decadent, they also have several other options that aren't encrusted in a pastry shell: http://fieldroast.com/product-family/roasts-loaves/

There's also the classic Tofurky http://www.tofurky.com/what-we-make/holiday/feast/

And the Gardein roast is delish! https://gardein.com/products/holiday-roast/

On 8/17/2017 at 10:58 AM, CattMyst said:

On a side note, in immediate post on, my surgeon told us that I had NO VISCERAL FAT on my organs!!

Say what!? Wow, that is pretty awesome to hear. Nice!!!