Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

Thanks 2bmeagain. I think I'm going to print your post as a reminder for me tonight. I really hold no ill will to his classmates parents. I'm sure every parent has a similar story where they had troubles explaining the difference in definitions between two words that either sounded or were even spelled the same but meant totally different things.

Hey you guys, THANKS SO MUCH for all the prayers and support. Yes, I do take on a lot of guilt and try to overcompensate.

And, 2bemeagain, you ask if I want my marriage to work? That is a hard one. At one point I would have said definitely yes, and at another point I would have said definitely no.

A lot of our problems started with a lack of communication and got to a point where when we would go out to eat we would be like strangers, not saying a word. It would be so quiet it was uncomfortable.

Also, I am to blame (not putting guilt on myself, this time is the truth) for some of the personal problems as well, not wanting to get into specifics.

But, we reached a point where we had totally lost everything we ever had. We also got to a point where there was nothing physical between us. I feel like I am still young (47) and not ready to give up on a physical relationship. He apparently is not interested in it and would not even discuss it with me. All those things rolled together had me at the end of my rope, and so I gave him back his wedding ring and told him I wanted a divorce, but like I stated, neither one of us can afford to move out or file for the divorce. He also needs insurance (that my job provides for free) so we stay married and miserable.

But, I am doing MUCH better today. Feel very encouraged by all the kind words and support. I LOVE YOU GUYS.

thanks so much.

Way to go everyone. Yesterday I went for my first adjustment today and got 3 cc fill. I have lost 5 pounds in the last 2 weeks and 29 pounds since my journey started 5 weeks ago today. I could not have done it without the Lord. He is so garcious and good. This website has been more helpful than you all will ever know. God bless you all!

Candy8360 hang in there. God has heard your prayers and will answer it in his own way and in his own time. Be patient. We must patiently, believingly continue in prayer until we obtain an answer." I will be praying for you and your marriage. And I will be praying for all on this website. God bless his children

Candy8360 you mentioned "where we had totally lost everything we ever had." You forgot one and the most important thing/person. You had and still have God and with him alll things are possible. He healed the sick, made the blind see, made the crippled walk and he can mend your marrigae too! Think about this: Is prayer your steering wheel or is it your spare tire? The only way to learn strong faith is to endure great trials. God bless you.

candy, I'm so sorry to hear about your marriage. I pray that God puts that spark back in your marriage. We always know that God is with us ALL the time, but I don't know about others, but I like a human touch once in a while(LOL). My marriage is not the world greatest, we have "our" issues, mostly cause I'm losing weight and I secretly thinks that DH thinks that I'm going somewhere-he said that he didn't trust me. I've never given him a reason not to trust me, but I am here til death does us part. He's a hard worker and a great provider. Our marriage is sort of new. My 2nd and his 3rd (one died). Hang on in there cause he might STILL loves you.:) I'm glad that you are feeling better though.

Pleasantlake, thanks so much for your prayers. I can use all of them, LOL

Congratulations on your weight loss. You are so right about being patient, cause I want my weight gone like yesterday:biggrin: and with the band I'm learning to be just that-----PATIENT.

God bless you all.

Wombat, where are you?????????:tt1:

Cerdad

Is Minnesota part of SIberia?

I think that was a joke. LOL

At least I hope so. I do it's cold here. My DH always says, "it's colder than a well diggers end". My guess is he means that the digger is digging a well and has his end up. Go figure:smile:, he's 56 going on 80. LOL

I think that was a joke. LOL

At least I hope so. I do it's cold here. My DH always says, "it's colder than a well diggers end". My guess is he means that the digger is digging a well and has his end up. Go figure:smile:, he's 56 going on 80. LOL

opps, I meant I do know that it's cold here. I don't know how to work the "edit thing".:tt1:

Gh0st: You remind me of the times when my children were small. They take things very literally, we take things for granted. My 22 year old was pregnant this time last year, in fact told me about this time last year. I had such mixed emotions. Always wanted to be a grandma, did want her to wait til she was married but... anyway long story short- she lost the baby and I was devastated too. She wanted to name him Christian. I was never thrilled with the thought of naming a child Christian but all of a sudden I wanted a grandson named Christian very badly. The timing of your story is impeccable. It reminds me to appreciate what I have. When you pray tonight maybe you can ask your son if he is more comfortable with saying something like let me be more like Jesus. Its a great conversation starter. Jesus was kind, honest, giving...What a good mom you are. God Bless you.

Cerdad

Is Minnesota part of SIberia?

Well, considering the highs this weekend are barely get above zero, if at all. So, it may as well be.

And, yes, it was a joke.

Hello all and may God bless you all. I'm laughing, crying, smiling and just going through all kinds of emotions as I catch up on all of the posts. We all have to remember (as I remind myself as well) that God knows all, sees all and is our all and all. He understands it and sent his Son Jesus to bare our burdens and rejoice in our victories. Stay strong in the Lord and be encouraged no matter what is going on. He will make it alright!! My heart is just smiling as I so enjoy this thread. IT encourages me and lets me know they are many, many believers out there despite what the world will lead you to think. We do all have our individual issues and struggles but have faith that God will get us through. I pray that everyone will have a great Friday and weekend if I don't get to post (I've been pretty busy lately).

Sorry I've been absent from this thread for a while. But I have a bit of a Rant that I thought might be appropriately posted here. It's really nothing serious but I'm having a hard time with my 4 year old at the moment. Ever since he was an infant we have said prayers with him every night and ever since he has been able to talk we have encouraged him to add his own words to the prayers as well. But that isn't my rant. The problem I'm having is that we always end the prayer with "Dear Lord please Brian grow up to be a good strong Christian man." But for the last several weeks he gets very upset with us when we say this. He starts to cry and nearly has a tantrum insisting he is not Christian and doesn't want to grow up to be Christian. We understand that the reason he is saying this is because there is another younger boy in his preschool class named "Christian" who he doesn't currently get along with very well, and when we say we want him to grow up to be a good Christian he thinks we are saying he will become like the boy in his class and no longer be called Brian. We haven't been able to get him to understand the difference between being a Christian and people who name their kids Christian. I know its not the other parents fault but sometimes it hard to not wish they would have thought more about how the name they gave their child might effect others as well as their own son.

Now, if I can't get him to grasp the difference soon I will be forced to change a "life-long" tradition with our son and come up with a new phrase to end the prayer with that will show his/our desire he be raised in Christ. If any of you have any suggestions I'm open to ideas.

Hellooo Ghost,

I just wanted to say I almost started crying (Indeed, I am the emotional tender type, always will be!), when I read your post. What a precious sweet child! I commend you on your prayer ritual, starting off when he is so very young, that is SO wonderful to hear!!

I just wanted to share a story that touches my heart very deeply!

As someone else stated the innocence and purity is invaluable in a child! My 4 year old niece Stormie, who just turned 4 on the 16th, is like this, and I see this in her constantly! The other day I was on the phone with her, (I live in Texas and she lives in Illinois), and she just blows me away. I ask her if she has prayed with mommy and told Jesus she loves him today, and she says "OHH Yes!!, and we worshiped at church service!" I was stunned. I mean I am still tearing up just thinking about her sweet little heavenly voice right now even! We get these sweet little tiny precious babies from the Lord, and have a chance to raise them up and give them back to the Lord! The way we raise our children and family up in a loving Christian home is a testament to our love for the Lord, and Jesus! WOW! I still get blown away thinking about what a sweet presence Stormie has, for I know she is from the Lord!!

Ghost, just as Stormie, I am sure your little Brian has so much in store for Him from the Lord!

Surely the Lord is wonderful, all the days of my life!! Lord, I just come together with our fellow brothers and sisters on this entire site, and we lift YOU up! We love you and we thank you for ALL things!

Ok, sorry to ramble on...I just can't help it!!! :)

Ghost, I can't think of any suggestions for your problem right at this moment, but you and precious Brian will be in my prayers! Take care, and look to HIM for all things, he will deliver!!!

Blessing to all!

Surely the Lord is in THIS place!

~M~