Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

Just want to say that I love LBT and I love this thread. I used to be a very regular poster, but life has definitely happened and I haven't been on much lately...

I want to ask that everyone just pray for my financial situation right now. I have been having a hard time here lately...and I'm not used to this. I'm single and very independent (but would absolutely LOVE to get married) and used to taking care of everything. A series of unfortunate events has set me back and I'm having a hard time getting back on track. Please pray for guidance and wisdom and a way out of this mess.

I thank all of you in advance!!!!!

I know our God is faithful and He won't leave me or forsake me...I'm just so discouraged right now!

Bizzy Big, Chimboree and Chuckles,

The word does say that God Shall supply ALL of our needs according to his riches in Glory. We walk by faith and NOT by sight. The way we see things in the natural are not necessarily the way they are in the spiritual rim. My prayer is that God will bless you abundantly on this journey of life ( health, finances,etc). He brought you this far and he is more than able to complete it.

Chimboree, God will give you that husband, be specific with him, he does also gives us the desires of our heart. God sent me a DH, hard working man that takes good care of me. I do work and I am independent with a DH. I'm very thankful for the God I serve. His Mercy and Grace kept me when I was out there rolling in the "pig pen" of life. LOL

Please all of you, Be encourage.

Hi, everybody! I just wanted to poke my head in and say hi, and let you all know that I just submitted a suggestion to Alex for a new sub forum for Christian bandsters. If you'd like to weigh in, go here:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f5/suggestion-i-never-thought-i-d-ask-50159/

Hi Travelgirl,

I just asked Alex for this last night myself . . . I also am tired of the bashing that goes on in other forums. It would be nice to have our own place to go and freely talk. Alex responded that he would be happy to do it (I also asked for other special groups as well - as Christians we follow the teachings of our Lord and Savior, and love everyone, regardless).

Here's my other post in this forum:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f15/new-forum-special-interest-groups-your-input-needed-please-50142/

Let's hope we see our new forum soon!

May God bless and be with you!

If you don't mind me asking Dozy why did you get your band removed?

Elizabeth

the bashing is what led me to this thread. I didn't like being criticized because of my faith and my strong feelings of what I believe in. It's funny, (metaphorically, not really funny) that you can say or do anything except profess the name of Jesus. Then you are 'infringing' on others.

Just want to say that I love LBT and I love this thread. I used to be a very regular poster, but life has definitely happened and I haven't been on much lately...

I want to ask that everyone just pray for my financial situation right now. I have been having a hard time here lately...and I'm not used to this. I'm single and very independent (but would absolutely LOVE to get married) and used to taking care of everything. A series of unfortunate events has set me back and I'm having a hard time getting back on track. Please pray for guidance and wisdom and a way out of this mess.

I thank all of you in advance!!!!!

I know our God is faithful and He won't leave me or forsake me...I'm just so discouraged right now!

So sorry to hear of your struggles, Cherea. Hope things start looking up for you soon. God is FAITHFUL! Sometimes we have to walk through some hard things. I'll be praying for you! We've missed you around here.

Chimboree, I ask in the mighty name of Jesus that he will do just as he says and supply all of your needs. Lord, give her direction and direct her path in Jesus name. Chimboree, if it helps, I've been there and still struggle from time to time. Mine is different as I have 3 dependents (1 in college). Sometimes you get a bit weary as it seems that you just can't get ahead. BUT, I know God is faithful and countless times he has supplied all of my needs (and some wants to). Keep trusting and depending on him.

the bashing is what led me to this thread. I didn't like being criticized because of my faith and my strong feelings of what I believe in. It's funny, (metaphorically, not really funny) that you can say or do anything except profess the name of Jesus. Then you are 'infringing' on others.

You're right - it's funny in a sad way.

{{hugs}}

wombat

Chimboree26, I just want to tell you first of all my sister in Christ I think your a beautiful young lady and that though your circumstance seems hard theirs nothing to hard for God. And seeing that you are His child He has your back all you need to do is cast your cares to him and dismiss any and every sin, tresspasses, bitterness, and iniquity completely out of your life and know that with out a shadow of doubt that the Lord God almighty will take care of you and He will see to your needs being met and any thing thats blocking your finances will be cast down I mean now right now you speak to that thing your self and tell it the buck ends here you will not take it into your tomorrow you take the control out of the hands of the enemy and you allow the power that the Lord has given us through Him to brake down the bariers thats been trying to hold you down your Father God is rich and so are you. So woman of God hold your head up and know that it 's ok because I have placed it all in the hands of my father and walk that thing out my sister walk exspecting a merical because God is able to do it. And as for that Husband, you pray Gods will be done because my sister if a husband is in his plans for you when He give him to you, you better beleave you will know God hands is in it because you will not half to worry, you will rest because He will be given you what alot of us as woman fall short of because we choose to do it ourself instead of letting the Lord do it and that is a true man of God He's preparing him for you. And this is the time for you to alow Him to prepare you to be that Proverbs 31 woman. So you let God be your Husband infact let Him be your everything and through that relationship He will teach you how to be a wife to that true man of God. Enjoy the Father and He will take care of the rest. Love you my sister. God Bless you

Mrs. Peace (one who love the Lord)

Mrs. Peace, 2bmeagain, Auntie Phyll, and Rumar...

Thank you all for your prayers and words of encouragement! I was feeling so down, but reading your posts have certainly helped pick me up. :tongue: I know God won't leave me hanging out here like this. I know He won't. I know that it will be okay b/c He ALWAYS comes through. This situation is just a bit scary for me b/c I've never had to deal w/this type of problem.

Anyhow...despite everything, I will trust in the Lord.

As for that husband, I will continue to wait patiently...even if it kills me! HAHAHA! But I know He will send Mr. Right along in His timing.

Thank you all!!!!

Good morning,

I need your prayers this morning (I'm at wk). I went in for a fill and slimmed all day. DH took me back in and they took 1/2 out, it felt better, but when we started back home I started slimming again, DH park the car at a gas station and started praying for me. I slimmed a few more times and went to bed. I tried drinking some broth, and went to sleep. This morning, I sipped warm tea and thanks be to God, I didn't slim. I am slowly sipping H2O now. I feel okay-different, but okay. I think that I'm just scared because of the different feeling of feeling tighter that I ever have. The dr said to take it easy for a few days (usually it's 24 hr liquid, then 24 hr mushies). He said to do 2 days of liquid and later if I can tolerate mushies, then do those. Please pray for me. Thanks in advance.

:tongue:

Good morning,

I need your prayers this morning (I'm at wk). I went in for a fill and slimmed all day. DH took me back in and they took 1/2 out, it felt better, but when we started back home I started slimming again, DH park the car at a gas station and started praying for me. I slimmed a few more times and went to bed. I tried drinking some broth, and went to sleep. This morning, I sipped warm tea and thanks be to God, I didn't slim. I am slowly sipping H2O now. I feel okay-different, but okay. I think that I'm just scared because of the different feeling of feeling tighter that I ever have. The dr said to take it easy for a few days (usually it's 24 hr liquid, then 24 hr mushies). He said to do 2 days of liquid and later if I can tolerate mushies, then do those. Please pray for me. Thanks in advance.

:tt1:

2BeMeAgain, I understand your fear. Once you have very obvious restriction, it is a different feeling. I'm praying for you during this time. I've learned that it's all a journey w/this band. We're learning a whole new way of life...all the different phases, what to eat, how to eat, how fills affect us, etc.

Just wait it out a few days and see what happens. The swelling will most likely go down and then you'll be okay. If not, just go back to your doc and get a slight unfill. I just had to do that this weekend. I was too tight and getting heartburn from it. But all is well now.

You'll be okay. :rolleyes2: Keep us posted!

Thanks Chimboree,

I'm feeling much better now. Ever more so thanks for your prayers. I called DH at work and was crying (55 yr old baby, lol) and telling him to pray. Bless his heart, he said, "I am, just hold on, God's going to work it out". I'm sipping (and I mean sipping) some chicken Soup broth (not the chicken or the noodles) and I haven't slimmed. I am going to drink some H2O later, but not cold. I think that it's just the swelling. I'm such a baby when it comes to pain, when I was younger I had a high tolerance for pain, but now I am a old whimp, but I'm a blessed old whimp, LOL.

Again, thanks and you know that I'm here for you when you need me. We are all here for one another, that's why I like hanging around here.