Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

By any chance can you eat pizza now? I was wondering if there is any hope that I can later on. I haven't tried it yet. God bless

You will probably want to avoid doughy pizza, but an occassional splurge with a thin crust might be okay. We once in a while will get a Domino's thin crust. Just don't go overboard with the pepperoni and cheese.... have lots of veggies on it.

Thanks for the replies about pizza. I will try the thin crust only.

And there are other ways to satisfy your pizza craving... be creative. My Another pizza idea: DH is trying to lose some weight, too, so he just made himself some "pizza" for lunch. He used a slice of 45 calorie Sara Lee bread, toasted it, put some pizza sauce on it, a few pieces of diced ham, shredded some mozarella cheese on top and stuck it in the oven long enough to melt the cheese. He let me have a little triangle...three bites, and it was very good.

And there are other ways to satisfy your pizza craving... be creative. My Another pizza idea: DH is trying to lose some weight, too, so he just made himself some "pizza" for lunch. He used a slice of 45 calorie Sara Lee bread, toasted it, put some pizza sauce on it, a few pieces of diced ham, shredded some mozarella cheese on top and stuck it in the oven long enough to melt the cheese. He let me have a little triangle...three bites, and it was very good.

Thanks for that idea! I will have to try it soon! God bless!:D

Hey everyone, checking in for the night. And, the pizza idea sounds good to me too. I have eaten one piece, but it kept getting stuck in my throat. I wasn't taking little enough bites. That seems to be something I do too often. I'm learning to do better though.

And, thanks so much for the prayers. I will let you guys know when I hear something new.

I make mini pizzas w/ whole wheat pita bread. It gets nice and crunchy and is really thin. I haven't tried any since my last fill because I'm nice and tight. Before that though I could eat half of little pizza.

It definitely satisfied my cravings and I've been craving this stuff in the worse possible way lately.

{{hugs}} and prayers for all today

wombat

Hey everyone, checking in for the night. And, the pizza idea sounds good to me too. I have eaten one piece, but it kept getting stuck in my throat. I wasn't taking little enough bites. That seems to be something I do too often. I'm learning to do better though.

And, thanks so much for the prayers. I will let you guys know when I hear something new.

I am forgetting sometimes to take little bites too. But the band remind me real quick. God bless!:rolleyes2:

the same advice for hot dogs. take little bites. Boy, it is something trying to adjust to this last fill I got. But, I'm NOT complaining, after all, this IS what I asked for!!!

the same advice for hot dogs. take little bites. Boy, it is something trying to adjust to this last fill I got. But, I'm NOT complaining, after all, this IS what I asked for!!!

Hotdogs was going to be my next question. Thanks alot for your advice!

Thank you to all for your prayers and support. We drove to Coos Bay on Sunday the 27th in a pretty heavy snow storm. The truck slid into the other lane, but God kept his hand over us and we arrived safe and sound. Surgery was on the 28th and I spent the rest of the day sleeping in our motel room. Today the post op esophogram perfect and so was told all was well and could go home. However the snow returned and we decided to spent one more night. So tomorrow we will head out for Roseburg again. I'm ready to go and get busy loosing weight. Please pray, once again, for travel mercies. Thanks so very much.....Joy PS: The discomfort of surgery has been very well controlled by meds and also got medication for nausea to take home. Four dollars @ Walmart!!:frown:

Praise God for Joyross!!!!

I'm so glad you are doing soooo well!! I pray God will bring you home safely and for a speedy recovery :frown:

{{hugs}} and prayers,

wombat

Hey, glad everything went well, joyross. I remember about four years ago we had a convention (work related) in Las Vegas. One of the ladies decided to drive. She and her husband were driving on a long flat road, no cars in site. She said she just got a feeling that God was telling her to be careful. She told her husband. Out of nowhere a car came speeding towards them, crossing over to their side of the road and fortunately, they swerved over, but came back ok. The other car did not. The car that was heading for them ran off the road and the driver was killed. God can do amazing things, and no one gets to know about them. so, Joyross, God will be looking out for His own. Take care.

And, Wombat -- saw your pics the other day on the before and after page -- you really looked good, big change! And, nice to see a face to go with the name.