Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

Phyllser - you are lookin good!! You look so much younger and happier :party:

I see the RV in the back ground. Is that yours? Do you get to travel a lot? My DH wants one really bad but I'm not much of a nature girl. I must have creature comforts :thumbup: and I hate bugs (all bugs) w/ a passion!!!!

Thanks for the compliments!! Feeling better. A long way to go yet, but making progress and it's exciting!

Yes, that's our RV. We've been RVing for 8-9 years now. First, just weekends and vacations, but we've been retired for almost 5 years and the trips have gotten longer and longer. This trip we left home Nov. 1st & expect to be back home about April 15ish.

If your hubby wants to give it a try, rent one for a week or so & see how you like it. Believe me, this is not "roughing it"!! We're spending the winter in Desert Hot Springs CA, near Palm Springs. No bugs here! Road runners and hummingbirds! RV parks these days have wi-fi, cable, etc. We even have a phone installed when we're going to be in the same place for several months. This park we've stayed in for the past three winters has pools/spas fed from underground hot springs. So even on chilly days (like 45 deg this a..m.), we're still in the pool! This is a Christian park with a great chapel program... 2 services on Sunday mornings Jan-Mar, 4 day Bible Conference coming up next week with special speaker, several mission trips to Mexico each winter, lots of good entertainment including several gospel groups. But even before we discovered this place, we very much enjoyed the whole RV thing.

Ok I'm not very good at the technology thing but I have a sixteen year old daughter that is and I may get her to help me the weekend. I have lost 34lbs and have more to go I'm so excited for all of you ladys and I to am looking forward to putting a face to the screen name my new sisters and brothers. Love you all and may God give all of you the desires of your heart.

Mrs. Peace (one who love Jesus)

Nov. 2007 Jan. 2008 Jan. 2008

Hi all

Hello to the new comers. It is so nice to hear how God is working in your lives. I have been doing great I think God each day for the band I have lost 30lbs since my banding 1/7/08 i wil have my first fill on 2/26. It is so good seeing the pic they are great you ladies look so good. I can't wait until I lose weight like you ladies have. After looking at your pic. I know I can do it too.

Thank you and God Bless all of you always

Ladyroz

Reading the paper I saw an article where people are so desperate in Hati, they are eating dirt to fill their bellies.

Granted there is a type of soil that has something in it that's a delicacy...but now they are eating just regular dirt.

And as I read it, I looked at my plate with all that was going down the garbage disposal.

How blessed we are in America....but too much of anything isn't good...like food.

Good morning all,

Welcome and hello Jackie.:smile:

Womabat, you are one busy lady, no wonder you are losing that weight, you don't have time to eat a lot like me. When I get home I tend to graze.

Cool, I hope that you are feeling better today. <<<hugs>>>

Phyll, you look great. I see that everyone that takes before and after pictures have different hairstyles, I need to get me one. Gosh, I have no idea how to put a pic on here, I guess I need to take a pic now and then take one as I get smaller. Do you drive that RV?

Morning, Ladyroz, you are doing great with your weight, you go grrl:biggrin:

Grace, we are truly blessed and sometimes we forget to thank God for that, thanks for reminding me.

Rumar, sorry to hear about the YKW, LOL, and could do the happy dance:lol: with you about the weight lost, whether it's 10 or 3, I say beter than gained.

Well, and to those I didn't personally address, I still love ya, and be blessed!!!!

Hello everyone<

I've been approved!!!!!!!!!! Surgery date is February 26th!!!!! Thank all of you for your prayers and good wishes!!

jaunderwood

akaKentucky Gal

Phyll, you look great. I see that everyone that takes before and after pictures have different hairstyles, I need to get me one. Gosh, I have no idea how to put a pic on here, I guess I need to take a pic now and then take one as I get smaller. Do you drive that RV?

Thanks! I am always changing my hairstyle!! I have it spiked now!!

Well, I COULD drive that RV if I were allowed to! DH is a control freak. I had to drive it for... maybe 30 yards once last year. I couldn't convince him that he was blocking a driveway when we were at a truck stop and he went inside to pay for our gas. So, within a few minutes, I was trying to find the extra keys so I could move it out of the way. I'd be perfectly comfortable driving it if he'd let me! I told him he needs to let me get some practice. What if we wake up one morning and he's too sick to drive and we HAVE TO move on??

Hello everyone<

I've been approved!!!!!!!!!! Surgery date is February 26th!!!!! Thank all of you for your prayers and good wishes!!

jaunderwood

akaKentucky Gal

Congrats, Kentucky!! That's great news.

Thanks! I am always changing my hairstyle!! I have it spiked now!!

LOL, you are a lady after my own heart. I want my hair spiked, but I'm afraid the students would run for cover. LOL My hairdresser does hers like that. Maybe this summer when school is out.

I don't know if I would have the nerve to drive anything bigger than a volkswagon, :eek:. Hopefully, he'll allow you to drive it soon. :biggrin:

Hey everyone, Phyllser, great pics! I hope I look as good when I start losing like you have, and 2bmeagain, try the new hairstyle, hair grows back pretty fast. You might be surprised.

coolrn - sorry you're feeling down, but you'll soon be doing better, I know lots of prayers go up from this site.

Jaunderwood, GLAD TO HEAR OF YOUR SURGERY DATE! See how prayers work?

And, yes, we can be so wasteful at times, but we are truly blessed.

Glad to hear from everyone.

Praise God From Whom All Blessings Flow!!!

I'm so happy to have found my brothers and sisters even here. I have allowed my temple to grow beyond a healthy place. I researched this surgery Oct. 07 & Nov. 07. After prayer I believed that this was what God would have me to do to regain control. I must admit I am concerned about the process but, we can do all things through Christ. I just want to encourage all of you that are contemplating and waiting for insurance companies and in the testing process to continue to PRESS TOWARD THE MARK...

All of your posts have been quite encouraging and I thank God for each and every one of you. Please keep me in your prayers as I pray for all of you.

CTMAN

40 ish, 300.9lbs, 5'11", BMI = 41

12/08/07 - Initial Seminar

12/18/07 - Therapist & Nutritionist Appts.

01/03/08 - Met w/ Dr. Ehrlich - Surgeon, Bloodwork, Gallbladder ultrasound

01/08/08 - Primary Care, EKG, more bloodwork

01/15/08 - Blasted the PC office so the Surgeon's billing dept. should have all of my paperwork.

01/29/08 - I got my band date 03/04/08, my pre op diet begin on 2/14/08. I will be banded at St. Vincents Medical Center in Bridgeport, CT. by Dr. Erhlich

Peace & Blessings, Chris = CTMAN

You are all such a wonderful bunch of people. I love lurking on this site.I SEE SOME OF YOU on other threads and that's good too. Phyllster, we sure have a lot in common. Wombat, you're a cutie. That is so sad aBOUT them having to eat dirt in Hati. Our church sends people there to work every year and I have met some of them when they came here. They are such good natured people in spite of all the horror in thier lives.

Hi! I Am So Glad To See This Thread & Would Love To Be A Part Of It! I'm Not Banded Yet, Just Getting The Whole Process Started. However, I Do Feel That Our Gracious Lord Put Doctors On This Earth For A Reason - To Help People. We Are People Who Need A Little Help With Weight Loss! I Know That I Can Do This Because The Lord Will Give Me The Strength. My Favorite Verse In The Bible Is Phil. 4:13 "i Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me". Let's All Support Each Other With Our Surgery & In Our Christian Walk!

Good morning everyone,

Welcome newbies. I am so glad to be one of God's servants and very glad that I was lead to this sight.

Much prayer and much love.

I've been under the weather (allergies) and I pampered:redface: myself over the weekend. I ate cake and sherbet, but I'm back on track now. I won't exercise today cause I stay cold and it's almost 77 degrees here in Tx.

candy, I might try that style over the summer vacation, lol

Have a blessed day!!!!

Hey 2bme, sorry you're feeling under the weather, but I'm sure the cake and sherbet helped :lol:. I had a reeses yesterday, myself. I know, not on the recommended menu

Will be praying that you feel better soon!