Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Boo Boo Kitty's PS Journey

to kareyquilts, kat817,boo boo kitty, frangipani,

thank you all for your candid and genuine replies

I feel like you all are the pioneers of this site and I appreciate the posts you have made. I still have about 110 pounds to lose before I can even consider plastic surgery but I know with the band, patience, and determination I will succeed. All of you are my heros and I just wanted to let you know how much it helps for you to share your experiences with me and others. Thank you!!!:P

shelli

Belly button update all!!

It has finally scabbed over and is beginning to fill in!! WOOO HOOO!!!

I am so happy that saga is nearing an end.

I go to the Bariatric surgeon on Wednesday to talk to him about the port. I am also debating a fill. I know it sounds nuts, and I don't want to loose more, but my food is not staying in my pouch for very long. I think I "drop" in like a half an hour and then I feel starving again...

BBK: It's hard to decide on a fill, but you don't want to gain weight after all your hard work and pain! I've gained 3 pounds. My appetite has picked up a little, but I'm having a hard time, finding the sweet spot, because I was too tight a few weeks ago. Anyway, good luck with your appointment.

BBK,

Glad to hear that the belly button is healing now!!!

I understand exactly what you are saying about the fill, I know you don't want to lose any more weight, but I also know that having a decent level of restriction can help you feel more in control.

If it were me, I would probably get a very slight fill and give myself a week or so to see how I feel and do with it. You can always have an unfill -- right?

Mylapspirit, thank you for the nice comments!

Boo Boo, I haven't been on the site in a while, but I just wanted to tell you how amazing and inspiring your journey has been to me. You have made so much progress and I am so proud of you! It's awesome to see you at the top of the page looking fierce and amazing. I wish you continued success and happiness in your journey.

All the best

l

I think we need to hear from someone who has passed this point of Tummy Tuck and just what can we expect after. Will we need to continue fills indefinitely? I feel hungry way too often but have put off getting a fill because of pending Plastic surgery. I sure don't want to lose headway because of this.:wink2:

lap--thank you, more than happy to help!

karey--I agree that the sweet spot needs to be continued after PS. I have no problem admitting if I gain I would freak. I am still ocd about weighing myself.

Fran--I am going to ask him for a fill. I will just get .10ccs or so. I can never get more than .25ccs. I just want to take the "edge off"...lol...I feel like a drug user sometimes...

Sandy--I am not sure if this is a lifelong thing for fills. It has been 3 months I believe since my last fill, probly longer. I just don't want to continue to feel so hungry. My DH assures me that it is ok, and doesn't want me to get fills anymore. But he has no idea what it is like. so his opinion just doesn't work for me in this case

I jsut hope the Dr will do it. He is very critical of fills for me. He always wants to give me .50ccs at a time. I quit going to him and have been going to his PA for the last year or more. But in this case I do need to see him for the moving the port discussion. I hope he will listen to me about what to put in.

I see Farhan Wednesday. I lost a few staples in one of my breasts over the weekend, so I am calling PS again....grrrr....I am sure they won't be worried. It is so weird to see the inside of my breast. Gross really. I was in the shower washing and this big white thing fell out. Dj figured out it was a staple. Another one fell out when I was putting the bra on.

I put antibiotic stuff on it and put those little circle band aids. I also know now what the PS big deal was with the breasts. THe right one has dropped 1-2 inches below the left. It is clearly larger as well. I am so upset.

I didn't expect to look perfect, but I am not happy with how they are turning out. I really don't want a revision but at this point if they get worse I will. :tongue2:

BUT he made the mistake, so who pays for it??

I see Farhan Wednesday. I lost a few staples in one of my breasts over the weekend, so I am calling PS again....grrrr....I am sure they won't be worried. It is so weird to see the inside of my breast. Gross really. I was in the shower washing and this big white thing fell out. Dj figured out it was a staple. Another one fell out when I was putting the bra on.

I put antibiotic stuff on it and put those little circle band aids. I also know now what the PS big deal was with the breasts. THe right one has dropped 1-2 inches below the left. It is clearly larger as well. I am so upset.

I didn't expect to look perfect, but I am not happy with how they are turning out. I really don't want a revision but at this point if they get worse I will. :tongue2:

BUT he made the mistake, so who pays for it??

BBK, I'm sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your breasts. Do call the Dr. about this and let us know what he says.

As far as any revisions, I would say that your Dr. should cover 100% of all fees and costs. After all, he was the one who made a unilateral decision to try a "new technique" on your breasts without discussing it with you in advance.

I do understand that sometimes with plastic surgery things don't always turn out perfect and revisions have to be made, BUT in this case, the responsibility for things not turning out as expected seems to fall squarely in his lap.

BBK--just stopping in to check up on you following my trip.

My belly button steri strips fell off while I was in TX (I think all the heat from sweating!!!--reverse that!) Anyway it looks ok, kinda different than I expected, but maybe better. The lowest part of my incision right above the pubic mound is where I am infected--but the drainage has drastically reduced over the last 18 hours.....so wierd, just a sudden change. I see the Dr, on Wed.

Hope your PS issues level out......it is stressful looking at your body wondering.....what is still to change. I had more muscle repair due to a torn muscle on my left side, so the swelling is hugely different--my right side is reducing great, I actually have a curve in for my waist----not the left, the left still has a spare tire look to it! BUT-----all of it is better than how it started!!!!

Let us know what the PS says.......

Kat

You just got everything put together the way you want and you're already falling apart?! Just kidding. You are looking great and I hope all your incisions heal up.

BBK - I have been lurking here for some time. Following your journey, inspired by your progress. Just wanted to say THANK YOU for posting as you have. The good, bad and the ugly is alway good to know when you are looking to have something like PS. I hope that the problems you have been having get better. Again, thanks, and hope it gets better.

Laura

Future Flatlander wannabe