Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Boo Boo Kitty's PS Journey

Hello all,

I thought I would start this thread today for my PS journey. I am going today (as long as I can get there in time) to the plastic surgeon.

Here is information on my surgeon...

http://surgery.med.umich.edu/plastic/clinical/faculty/wkuzon.shtml

I am going for a consult on a Tummy Tuck and breast reduction today.

Wish me luck all, I am nervous, scared and excited all at the same time!

:car: I will post all about what is going on here!

Good Luck BooBoo Brandy. I am so Excited for you. You are already a hot babe, I can't waite to see what PS does for you.

Well here is the low down on the consult yesterday!

I spent hours there, but feel it was worth it. First the nurse measured me all over, including the "girls". One is 1.5 inches lower than the other, well damn...lol..

Then I waited for what seemed like forever and 2 residents came into the room. The one checked me over, while the other guy just watched. It was not so much fun. He went over all of the options for surgery and told me that I was a good canidate for breast reduction and TT, however he felt that I also needed verticle cut as well to get all of the skin. This cut would be from sternum to pelvic bone, in conjunction with the hip to hip cut.

Here is what he drew to show to me...

e1d9048d.jpg

Of course this scared me to death! He said it is needed to get a better countour because of the amount of weight I have lost. He also let me know that my breasts will not be able to be a D as I want. They have to take 500 grams from each, and it is not guaranteed to still be a D after all is said and done.

Then after scaring me he left to go get the big guy, Dr. Kuzon my surgeon. I waited about another 20 minutes for him and he came into to see me.

We then discussed any questions I had and he looked me over. He then told me that he does not feel the verticle cut is needed for me. It is done to give you a more shapely look, which he said I have on my own. He said that they huge added scar is not worth the minimal amount of scarring I would have. He also then confirmed that I will only be a large C after all is said and done. I hate that. I don't know now if I will be going through with the reduction. I love having a large chest, and a C I just can't picture on me...here is my chest now. Granted if they looked like this without the bra I wouldn't even be considering this... :)

Picture192.jpg

I will find out my date as song as my insurance company pre approves me. SO I am going to do some calling today and help get that rolling! ;)

I will keep you all updated. I need to research to see if the reduction will be on my list now... :rant: I guess I need to see some C cups to see if I really want to be that or not!

Brandy: food for thought........ when your tummy is tucked your breasts will be even MORE prominent! So a large perky C would look just as good as a droopy D! GOOD LUCK and I'll be watching this thread!

See why I said to be firm about NO residents? They are fine to do the consult with, because the attending (Kuzon) came in and corrected their error.

You have be firm until you go to sleep on the table. When you get the scheduling call, make sure to say that you want it noted on your chart, "No residents, prefer no fellows, ATTENDING ONLY." When you sign your consent, read it carefully (I'll try to get you a copy of one if I have them in my area) and if it mentions teaching institution, write in the margin "no residents to perform any surgery, attending only" and initial it. Then when they call you or come see you at your bedside in the pre-op holding room, make sure you again mention no residents.

It is fine to have a resident remove your bandages, and be the person who reviews your labs and stuff like that, it's okay for them to do the care while you are in the hospital. If I were having an appendectomy, I'd be fine with a resident assisting. But not for something like PS. I know they have to learn somewhere at sometime, but not on me. Let them learn Tummy Tuck and breat lift/augmentation on someone who has not lost a ton of weight. Their skin is easier to work with than mine. I want the guy (like Kuzon) who has done it loads of times. They can watch him and learn, but hands off.

I have an appt Friday with the orthopedic surgeons to have a cyst on the top of my foot taken off. If it is just to be aspirated (needled) then I am fine with a resident doing it. But if they'll open my foot, I at least want a fellow. (Fellows are folks who are past residency-though residents *are* MD's, they are training in a general area that they want to practice, such as surgery. Fellows have completed a residency already and are training more specifically for a couple of years in the specialty area they want to enter. Such as plastic surgery, or thoracic surgery or cardiac surgery, etc.)

I'm glad to hear Kuzon say you don't need the anchor incision. But if you did, so be it, I'm sure he'd make it pretty as all get out. After all, he has done some seriously delicate work and made it look verrry good.

Sorry about yesterday, spend many hours with the MIL.

Take care and I'll keep checking this thread often!

BooBoo Brandy,

I am glad the appointment turned out well. Hopefully you won't need the anchor scar, but whatever they end up doing I'm sure you will love the results. You look absolutely fabulous without the TT right now (clothed that is) but I can totally relate to not feeling as fabulous when you know what is lurking underneath. Keep us posted on insurance and a date.

:) Well all, here is my sad and heartbreaking update...

DUE to a screw up at the schedualing office of the U of M, I will NOT be having surgery this year, in fact if I do not have it this December I will not be having it until this time next year. I can't take time off any other time...

I have been crying all day, I am furious, heartbroken and defeated. I need this for me. I hate me, I see this fat, blubbery stomach and I hate me. I needed this to make me feel better, and welll it just ain't gonna happen now....

:think

Oh Boo Boo - don't cry - you are looking so good and are so beautiful and I can tell by your posts that you are a cool nice lady ----------

I know you are disappointed but maybe the time will pass quickly and then you can have the surgery - sometimes things are in God's hands.

take care and try to keep your spirits up.

shelli:girl_hug:

:spider: I am so Sorry for you. Is there no hope you can still get it scheduled for this year? Can you get on some wait list or something? I will pray for a solution. :pray: And until then know that we are hear for you.:)

I think you are beautiful just the way you are but also can completely understand how you are feeling. Sometimes the compliments are almost harder than the criticisms. As if the people making the compliments are negating the validity of your desire/need for the PS. Keep posting and try to keep your spirits up.

Boo - Can i just say from a mans point of view you are a FINE looking woman!!!

Now im married so i dont want to get myself in trouble, my wife is beautiful but sometimes i think ladies dont realize how good looking they are!!!

Dont cry as you are a hottie! Its got to be dissapointing but hang in there!!!!

Brandy, I am SOOOOO sorry. If I had ANY pull, I'd use it in a heartbeat. Sadly I do not.

I can't imagine how frustrated and sad you must feel now.

Think of it this way, though. I was considering *if* I ever am as successful as you and make it to goal like you did, I planned to try to wait at least one year at goal before PS to see if my skin bounces back at all and to give myself a real chance to tone up while wearing Spanx or something like it. If a year of wearing garments and waiting could even possibly help me avoid another incision (like that anchor the first resident drew), then I'm willing. And if a year of working with the girls helps build up muscle so that when I get the lift and/or implants, they stay there, then I'll take it.

I know that's easy for me to say, not being in your shoes, but I'd like to think that things happen for a reason. Perhaps there will be a cancellation and you can get in, or perhaps it just wasn't meant to happen now for some reason or another. You look absolutely FAB now. The PS really is just the icing on a beautiful pin-up cupcake.