Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Boo Boo Kitty's PS Journey

BBK, glad you are starting to feel better. Sorry about your port. How far away is your lap band surgeon? If it's not that far, I would probably pop in and just let them look at it. It would at least put your mind at ease.

I can't wait to see pictures......I just know you look phenomenal! Heck, you looked phenomenal before your surgery! Feel better and take it easy!

I would definitely go see the surgeon about that port. At least you know it's not likely infected with all the antibiotics you're already taking. Better to be safe than sorry, especially if you already aren't happy with it. Haven't you already talked to him about it and he expressed dissatisfaction too?

Hi BBK,

So glad to hear that you're up and about! Considering all that you've been through in the past week (pneumonia and all), I would say that it's pretty amazing that you're already starting to climb the walls.

Since I haven't had the surgery yet, I don't know what to tell you about the port, but I'm sure some of the veterans will be giving you their feedback on this issue soon.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Hey everyone!

I am beginning to feel human again. I went to work today just to say hello. I miss work. I am going to go nuts. They were happy and mad to see me...lol...

My port area is so huge, I am so worried. I hope the swelling goes down or I am sure I will be having a revision. I am hoping they didn't put it too close to the skin, it sticks out above my ribs now. SUCKS....I am debating on going to see my Lap band surgeon. I wonder what he would say. What do you all think?

I am going to post some before and afters soon. :thumbup:

Boo, I'd absolutely head up and see Farhan about that port. Even if the swelling around it goes down, it is still not in the right position. And if they can do a revision, then you could have a low-profile placed. If mine is still moving around in there (I'm aiming for a second fill the end of the month, but with my current restriction, that might not be a good idea...), maybe we could have port revisions together! LOL!!

Glad to hear you are feeling better and everything went well. I hope you can get the port easily taken care of.

Looking forward to pictures.

Are your breasts still really swollen? Are you happy with the size?

BBK, wow so sorry you're having to go through all this. Hope they can do something about your port to make it much more comfortable. You are one of my heros. Keep resting, and do what the Doc tells you.

Lots of gentle hugs!

Hey all, I went to the surgeon again today. He already wants to talk revision....grrrr....he said that he believes he made the wrong choice, and should have not tried the new technique on my breasts...wtf??? grrrr...he wants to be thinking about it, he said in September we will be thinking of revision surgery then. I am upset and pissed off. But what can you do?

I would love to post pics but photobucket deleted them! They said they violated terms of service! NO joke. SO if anyone knows how to upload them without using them please let me know.

And for the port....it is what it is! I am so upset. He told me that my port was "huge", the size of a golf ball. And fixing it wouldn't be easy. I asked if I should go see my Bariatric surgeon he told me no. I am going to go see him anyways. If I can them to answer the phone.....grrrr..

SO I want to post pics but I can't from photobucket, any ideas??

Hi Boo Boo, I am pissed off too. I had a Tummy Tuck on 4/21 and already need a revision. He didn't take enough upper abdomen fat off. My pannus and lower abs look great but my upper abs look like s*. Without my girdle on I look about 6 months pregnant. My revision is going to cost me $3k. I do trust the surgeon but it just makes me feel fat still. Good luck to you.

Boo why would he think about a revision so soon after surgery. Surely things can't have settled yet. Aren't you happy with the girls? If you're happy then I'd keep 'em the way they are. As for the port, my band dr says he can do a port revision in the office or out patient, very easily. I can feel my port alot easier but its not sticking out. I go in on Thursday to be refilled, I'm anxious to see how that goes since its so much closer to the skin and also nervous since I'm still tender. Are you numb? My surgeon says its natures way of protecting us, otherwise we'd have extreme pain. LOL He said some people even get numbness in their thighs. My tummy is numb and its weird but he also says in a year from now it should be gone. I'm still swelling in the evenings.

I am numb in some areas and not in others. I wish I was numb everywhere....my swelling is only bad in my hips. It is there 24/7 but I don't have to wear a girdle or Spanx.

The girls are not the same. One is bigger. But I guess that doesn't bother me since they were that way from breastfeeding.

I have been calling my bariatric surgeon but they don't answer. I have no paitence today either....grrrr....

BBK - I am sorry to hear about your troubles. I am worried about my port as it is already covered in scar tissue. My PS told me that she was going to have to be careful around the port and that it my bulge a bit, but she is not moving the port.

As for the pictures I always copy mine into microsoft paint and post them from there.

BBK: Just got back from my daughter's wedding in Mexico and caught up on your thread. Sounds like you've had a quite a bad time. It will get better! When I had my breast lift, etc. the surgeon only cut around the areola. I had a lot of puckering around them, but it is getting better. I think one is a little highter than the other, but not sure I'm going to worry about it. Maybe the size thing will get a little better when all the swelling goes down. My left breast was definetly larger, but it isn't anymore. My ps said that the lymphatic system is smaller on that side of the body and people swell more on the left side. Anyway, I wouldn't let yourself think about revision for a while. Too overwhelming. I had the lower profile port put in and I'm sure that if you have to have it moved you would really love the smaller port. I sure do. I just wonder what your PS was thinking to place it so high! Hope you're feeling better soon.

OMG BBK - I am so sorry you have had such a rough time! I hope things are finally looking better for you. I am thinking about you and wishing you "well" thoughts :(

Ok, so you know these pics are graphic...lol...just a disclaimer! I didn't want to black out or cut out hte nipples since that is part of my surgery! I had to upload these to Makemeheal.com. Photobucket removed them for being a violation...lol..

Plastic Surgery Pictures, Videos, Photos, Pics, Before, After, Cosmetic Surgery

You should be able to view them here, let me know if you can not. The afters were 6 days after, so obviosly I need to take new ones! But here is the start! :thumbup:

BBK: Your stomach looks so nice and flat and your breasts look like a good size. Once you feel better, I know you're going to love your new body! You're hot!