Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

totally agree with garry on this.....my heart has had a wee flutter!

only problem is we live hundreds o miles apart,im an old fart plus i might need to wear heels to reach up to you for a hello??:thumbup:

being honest great insperation carriejess reading your progress makes me wish i had set out on this journey a few yrs ago??:frown:

Right TIN your spoken for enough of the flirting, lol. I cant wait until my fill but I know it will probably take another fill on top of the one on Tuesday to get some kind of restriction. Is this what they call bandster hell? By the way I l lost another 2lbs weighed myself this morning but havent time to update my ticker I have been sticking to the Protein thing. I must say it was through will power as I am pretty damn hungry.

Mandy I hope you have better luck after this fill, I understand you have 6ml put in but how many fills in total do you have? Also wear big panty girdle knicker things, when I had port pain they really helped:blush: Jx

Edited by homecare

G'day everyone!

Well im home after having the op on tuesday and although feeling a bit sore and achy and lots of wind, im doing ok.

It was fab to meet Sue (Singing Parrot) and the other two ladies Wendy and Sheila who i hope pop along and join the site too. I also met Starsky (Susan) last night and she's lovely - loads of luck to her today xxx

Ive not felt hungry at all since the op and have had to force some cup-a-soups down me to make sure that ive got some energy. Drinking plenty of Water too and about to start using the juicer now im home.

Sue - I hope you're feeling a bit brighter chuck and the hiccups have gone.

Just a query though - did any of you fellow banders have a hernia? Dr Chris told us that all 4 of us English patients he operated on that day had them to a greater or lesser degree - i wondered if anyone had one too and if there were any after-effects of it being repaired?

Im off for a relaxing break away now until sunday evening at a spa, so although i wont be able to do the spa thing i really am looking forward to laying about doing nothing except a soothing facial!

Happy burping new banders :thumbup:)

Bev xxxxx

Hi Everyone

Just a quickie - I've been getting everything ready before my op on 6th Oct. Just wondering about these girdle thingys. Are they like pants? Do they come up as far as the bra? How do they stay up? Where can I get some?

When you have op do you have a bandage for support? or could I wear a girdle then?

Any advice would be great.

Not long to go now. 1 week before I start the low fat dieting.

Thanks everyone.

Hi kaka good for you deciding to go for the op.. how is your daughter doing x

Hi mandy it was nice to see you again y/day...how much have you got in your band? i had another 3/4 ml put in and i must say i do feel restriction even though im only on liquids, i can feel every sip going down and my weight is moving again, yippee. it will move for you and you will get there its just dissheartening when it is so slow, hope its a bit better for you this time x

Welcome back to everyone who has just been banded.. get plenty of rest and hope you are all well x

Hi Everyone

Just a quickie - I've been getting everything ready before my op on 6th Oct. Just wondering about these girdle thingys. Are they like pants? Do they come up as far as the bra? How do they stay up? Where can I get some?

When you have op do you have a bandage for support? or could I wear a girdle then?

Any advice would be great.

Not long to go now. 1 week before I start the low fat dieting.

Thanks everyone.

I got some frome M&S the waist sincher ones that come right up to your rib cage worked best for me. I invested in 3 pairs and must say I used them well. You dont get a bandage just Patches over wounds and yes I would say you definately could wear it then. Jx:thumbup:

Hi mandy it was nice to see you again y/day...how much have you got in your band? i had another 3/4 ml put in and i must say i do feel restriction even though im only on liquids, i can feel every sip going down and my weight is moving again, yippee. it will move for you and you will get there its just dissheartening when it is so slow, hope its a bit better for you this time x

Welcome back to everyone who has just been banded.. get plenty of rest and hope you are all well x

Hi wishful hope you really have got restriction this time. Jx

Yes it was good seeing you and having a chat, Fred gave me 1ml, which takes me up to 6ml. I still have no restriction, I have been on liquids up untill tonight, I had some tea and it went down grate, he did say that it may take anther 1 or 2 fills, fingers crossed, I am so glad you have restriction, you looked so well on thurs, good to see you again. xx

hi everyone,

Firstly i would like to say how happy i am to have found this forum as you all inspired me to go ahead with booking my gastric band. i am currently booked for surgery on the 29th september. i've got really mixed feelings about it but mostly excitment when i look to the future. i have loads of questions to ask that i can't remember them all at once lol. but il ask the few i do remember!

i booked with bridget at pro beauty but havent heard much info from her is this normal or should there be more contact?

how much are the fills?

wil i get any kind of info on whet to eat and what not to eat before or after the op?

also i booked the Campanile hotel around 4weeks ago but they never took out the payment do they withdraw this when you arrive?

sorry for all the question but there just little things that are playing on my mind. good luck to those going for surgery and welldone to all those who are losing those pounds wel stones i should say can't wait to join ya!! thankyou

Yo Peeps

TIM - thanks for the compliment, p.s im only 5"4

Wishfull - glad your feeling restriction

Mandy - hopefully you might feel restriction in a few days, sometimes it can creep up on you!

Hope all those who have just gained a band are feeling ok x

Anyone who has been on a plane with their bands have any advice for me. I am going to the Gambia next tues its 6 hours on the plane did anyone feel any difference? I will take a needle just incase, i dont want to take any fill out before i go incase i dont need to ?? And yes i just bought 4 bikinis (last time i wore a bikini i think i was about 5) today which i will be wearing!!

And i have a new boyfriend!

hi everyone,

Firstly i would like to say how happy i am to have found this forum as you all inspired me to go ahead with booking my gastric band. i am currently booked for surgery on the 29th september. i've got really mixed feelings about it but mostly excitment when i look to the future. i have loads of questions to ask that i can't remember them all at once lol. but il ask the few i do remember!

i booked with bridget at pro beauty but havent heard much info from her is this normal or should there be more contact?

how much are the fills?

wil i get any kind of info on whet to eat and what not to eat before or after the op?

also i booked the Campanile hotel around 4weeks ago but they never took out the payment do they withdraw this when you arrive?

sorry for all the question but there just little things that are playing on my mind. good luck to those going for surgery and welldone to all those who are losing those pounds wel stones i should say can't wait to join ya!! thankyou

Welcome to the thread!

I booked through Bridget and i did not get much info from her either so dont worry.

Sometimes the info you get from Bridget, Chris and Fred can take a long time as i think they are so busy. Most of the answers you are looking for can be found on these pages. You will need to do a low fat diet for 2 weeks before the op to help shrink your liver. Nothing drastic just a sensible healthy diet. You will get a pack containing info on what you can eat after the op when you go.

You can look at companies like WLS who give fill packages in the UK for a certain amount of time, alternatively Dr Chris's assistant Fred does fills in the UK for between £90 and £100 each. Your local private hospital or clinic may offer them also.

I paid the Hotel when i arrived, as long as you have confirmation of your booking it should be fine.

Hope this helps x

Hello everyone!

I haven't been on for awhile due to the whole back to school thing..i have a 3 year old son who has just started nursery and am also going on interviews for a new job.

Congrats to all with their weight loss and good luck to all getting ready to be banded.

My op date is closely approaching and i lay awake at night thinking about it. A BIT SCARED! But mostly excited.

A question...did anyone quit smoking before having this done? I am simultaneously quitting smoking, exercising and sticking to a LOW fat diet and i feel like i'm going to die. ahahah!!

So many posts to try to read.

I'll try to reply to a few lol.

Noodles, I stopped smoking on the day of my op lol, everyone was laffing, cos when they asked if I smoked I said no I gave it up yesterday.

I stopped for 4 months and wasnt losing any weight, so I started again and I have been dropping ever since. Now I know this is a feeble excuse, but when you cant eat or drink, at least you can enjoy a ciggy. My bad i know, but i am not paying out all that money not to lose weight.

Debs, you have the same birthday as me, though you gotta be years and years younger chick lol.

Parrot i do hope you hiccups have stopped, they do hurt I know.

Someone asked when they would ever reach their sweet spot, you will darling you will, I know I was over-filled 2 months ago and I have been suffering ( personal choice) ever since, but at least the weight is falling off.

I know if i had had a little taken out I would have reached my SS. But I am having 4.5 taken out on 8th October, if i cant get a later date as I'm going to see my daughter in Australia on 31st October and we are also visiting Hong Kong, Singapore and Kuala Lumpar for about 3 days at each place, so I wanted to be able to at least eat and drink.

We're going away for 3 weeks, so I do hope I dont put too much weight on. I know my band will tighten on the flights and we are doing a lot.

Hi to all my lovely friends on here old and new and good luck to all the sweeties who are being banded now and soon.

You wont ever regret the decision, it will change your life, I had mine done twice .....:wub:

I havent been on for a week, as that damn gastric bug came back and I've been very poorly, but all better now :tongue2:

Take care peoples xxxx

welcome-3.gif

to Krystal

Carrie, yes good idea taking your needle with you, make sure its in your checked baggage though or they'll take it off you lol.

Your band will tighten on any flights over 4 hours, at least thats my experience. have a fab time and congrats on the new man...2upftzr.jpg

Welcome to the forum krystle, i also booked through bridget and didnt get a lot of info but like carrijess said you will get all the help and advice you need from here, everyone is willing to help eachother with advice and support, id be lost without everyone lol x

I have lost 4lb since my fill on thursday, yipee. Frederik did offer to take some out if it was to tight, like hell was i going to let that happen lol... im still on liquids and only managing 2 cup a Soups with no bits a day and i can feel them going down. I love this band ;-) xx