Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi everyone, I'm back from my holls and have missed you all I've just got on the scales and I've put on 5lb, I'm so cross, But I'm not under any condition going to alter my ticker, I'll just leave it as it is until I'm back down to my pre holls weight.

One question to the WLS gang, after your first fill did anyone receive any correspondence such as diet plans or exercise plans or indeed anything, giving future surgery dates, or indeed anything else. I paid my 6 months fees went for my first fill and nothing, no furture dates, no info, no nothing, has it been the same with anyone else. I did at least expect to have the future dates to book fills sent out or given to me. I quite disappointed with their lack of commitment.

Sorry to have a moan but I feel abandond when I'm putting on weight :mad2:

Wow not one reply, I guess no ones had restriction then?:thumbup:

Well Ive finally got it :thumbup:

I guess I felt something was different with the last fill and knew after 3days of liquids that it was here woohoo.

Its gonna take some getting use too, being full on so little..:mad2: bring it on.

Cw.

well done!!bet you feel great about finally reaching the so called "sweet spot"??

had my second fill today so hopefully not too far away??

keep up the good work:smile:

Thanks Timeisnow It really is a great feeling having restriction takes a little getting use to but im Happy

finally reached Lapband-Heaven lol...This is what ive been looking fwd to since my Op in Aprill....

I just hope it last for a weee bit before needing a top up.

You to have done really well without restriction keep up the good work....

Cw

hey maggs, great to see you back. Well you'll soon get the 5lbs off, you have been away for a while havent you, so thats not too bad is it.

I was doing a bit of googling and came across this.

Please click

Gastric Band My Silent Friend - Google Books

I found it so amusing, all about a lady and her band/eating/etc its quite funny.

Edited by Freckles

Hi freckles i will see how i go over the next couple of weeks and if my band slackens then i'll be going on the 8th, im working till 1.30 so i wont get there till about 2.15.. depending if freddy boy is running late you may still be there, i had a cup a Soup for lunch and had a small piece of broccoli and gravy for my tea and i am still full, great isnt it. x

hi all i see there is cht about restriction well let me tell you my band is doing my F*****g head in as not 10 days ago i got my fill nd got little bck out an hour later and low and behold is virutally gone, dont get me wrong if i threw in food then it would stick but i was able to eat a subway sanny yesterday so that cant be right so looks like i need another fill, i am hoping that this is not a fill pattern for me as this is wht happened when i got to restriction the last time, it went after 10 days.

we will see wht happens with a little top up.

god dam frustrating

gx

Hi freckles i will see how i go over the next couple of weeks and if my band slackens then i'll be going on the 8th, im working till 1.30 so i wont get there till about 2.15.. depending if freddy boy is running late you may still be there, i had a cup a Soup for lunch and had a small piece of broccoli and gravy for my tea and i am still full, great isnt it. x

oh if only

hi everyone, im not doing that great at the moment 5 weeks post op not well with band at all very restricted not eaten at all, trouble with fluids, lot realy relux as well and stabbing pain where band is, got some strong tab of doc for relux not working yet hopfully kick in im well worried in case mt band slipped got to be taken out, ive got wait a week to see if tabs kick in if not they got to refer me to nhs, to check the band out, i so wanted to work plus, fills like im throwing 4000 down pan, so upset by it all cathy xxx

hi everyone, im not doing that great at the moment 5 weeks post op not well with band at all very restricted not eaten at all, trouble with fluids, lot realy relux as well and stabbing pain where band is, got some strong tab of doc for relux not working yet hopfully kick in im well worried in case mt band slipped got to be taken out, ive got wait a week to see if tabs kick in if not they got to refer me to nhs, to check the band out, i so wanted to work plus, fills like im throwing 4000 down pan, so upset by it all cathy xxx

cathy, i am no expert but i guess your just healing slow, just be careful going to nhs do not let them do anything your not happy with if they say there is a problem you would be better arranging to see dr c.

gx

Hi every1,

I have been reading all ur updates but I've nothin to report - I have been feeling slightly disheartened, no weightloss as yet. :mad2:

Well done !! to all of you who are gettin closer, or r at ur goal luv the pics very inspiring. I hope to b hot on ur heels in the not to distant future.

Thanks ! homecare for the clarification re. wls I go for 2nd fill next Tues. The few people who knew about op I'm sure r wondering when the weightloss is going to start, I really had hoped to have loss by now. (Yeah! I know I have NO willpower)

mmm - I asked Wendy for diet advice and she give me diet sheet and info, and as I know they come every 4 wks I just phoned to arrange app'.

Dont get disheartened Anita, i was banded in february and didnt see much weightloss until May, after a couple of fills.

You will get there, I know it seems like forever, but it will work hunny.

Poor Cathy, I know how you feel hunny, the reflux is dreadful, even now i have to sleep sitting up until about 4am, then I can lie down properly.

Like I keep saying, these ignorant people who say the band is the easy way out, need to darn well try one for a few months, they would change their minds then.

Wishful, I will look forward to maybe seeing you chick. xxx

Ivsey i agree with gary.. get in touch with dr chris and im sure he will reasure you that the band is fine and once you have healed it will start doing its job xx

Gary it has taken a long time for me to get to this stage and was rather peed off when i could see others with good restriction and i could eat a scabby cat if i wanted to lol, wont be long and you will be back on track x

Hey guys well, ive just had my 1 week post op weigh in and am well impressed at -1stone 2 lbs!!!!! I realise that its probably quite unusual to have such a dramatic weight loss and that its down to the fact that not only have i not been hungry, but the first few days post op i really didnt feel like eating anything - to be honest i was a bit scared to.

Well now im sticking to the 3 week liquid diet but do have to admit a fondness for thicker wintery Soups so have mainly been eating those and that scrummy Rachels greek honey yoghurt.

Dizzydebs - i returned to work 6 dyas after the op and although i accept everyone has a different tolerance/experience to the op, i guess it also depends upon the physical intensity of the job that you do. I really just sit at my desk all day, so nothing too strenuous here.

I heard from Starsky today and she's settling into the bandster lifestyle now after lots of sickness, so thank goodness thats finally subsiding.

Bev XXX

oh and another thing.....

i was so chuffed today at work when two people stopped me and asked if id lost some weight as they could see the differnece in my face - how cool is that for such a short space of time! Such a motivator!!!

okey dokey here goes...

CW - sorry i did not reply to your post and welcome to restriction land

Freckles - are you going to get a defill? Are you losing?

Rose - good luck with your fill, you wont feel a thing!

mmm - dont worry about your gain, at keast you know that it will come off again

Cathy - i agree with Garry, hopefully you are just healing slowly

Anita - i went through stages of not losing anything and it is really irrtating but it will start to move

Bev - thats amazing congratulations

Just have a small rant about my port which is really close to my skin now and i keep laying on it at night which makes it hurt! :) Oh if only i could have afford to have it moved!