Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Carrie

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm really looking forward to get it done now. Well done on your weight loss, how long did it take you?

Is it true I can't have diet coke? I think I'm addicted - my only vice lol.

10 months, i do not drink fizzy drinks at all anymore and i dont miss it!

Hi Oliverdog

I've got my ticker up and running anyway. I'll have to start the diet last week of Sept so I am being really naughty at the moment and eating all my favourite things :thumbup:.

I've got the mind set at the moment that I'm not going to be able to eat what I want when I want so I am gonna have it now.

I'm going to do low fat before op and I'm gonna get some liquidy things for just after. I'm not sure what yet though - hopefully that bit won't last too long.

Oliverdog (sorry submited my message before I was ready lol)

Where are you going on your hols? I went to US in March, wish I'd left it til later in the year cos I need a holiday now - it was wicked though. I don't suppose my 3 days in Belgium could be counted as holiday.

I still haven't told anyone at work about op but my son and hubby know. I think I'll leave it at that for now.

I'm still a bit nervous, but more excited than anything else. I went shopping today, only Tesco's, but I was looking at all the lovely clothes I WILL eventually be able to get into. And I have boxes of them here as well. Everytime I put on weight , i went out and bought more clothes and stored the others away. I have every size from 10 to 18. I have decided that when I lose weight this time as soon as I shrink out of things I am going to chuck them away. I'm babbling now. lol

Everyone has been so helpful on here. In a couple of months time it'll be me and you giving out advice lol. Roll on October.

Hi Dr Chris does have an aftercare service but you will pay each time you go i think its approx £100 a go, you can get fills from you local private hospital, prices vary but approx £75-£300 per fill depending on which doctor. WLS is the only one i have heard of that offers a package, there are lots of people on here who think they are great and the price seem s quite reasonable to me, bear in mind the amount of fills you will needin the first yr prob between 5-10 depending on how much they give you each time

Thanks Carriejess the package seems quite good with WLS then as its unlimited fills?

Oliverdog (sorry submited my message before I was ready lol)

Where are you going on your hols? I went to US in March, wish I'd left it til later in the year cos I need a holiday now - it was wicked though. I don't suppose my 3 days in Belgium could be counted as holiday.

I still haven't told anyone at work about op but my son and hubby know. I think I'll leave it at that for now.

I'm still a bit nervous, but more excited than anything else. I went shopping today, only Tesco's, but I was looking at all the lovely clothes I WILL eventually be able to get into. And I have boxes of them here as well. Everytime I put on weight , i went out and bought more clothes and stored the others away. I have every size from 10 to 18. I have decided that when I lose weight this time as soon as I shrink out of things I am going to chuck them away. I'm babbling now. lol

Everyone has been so helpful on here. In a couple of months time it'll be me and you giving out advice lol. Roll on October.

Hi Dizzy Debs, yes roll on October!! I am going to Sri Lanka in two weeks time, with my husband, my eldest daughter and her husband. I have only told my husband as my three daughters will give me loads of ear ache and at my age think I am ready to make my own decisions!! (50). Like you I have loads of clothes in boxes from up and down the scales!! The last diet I did was lighterlife which was liquid only for four months!! Put all the weight back on and another stone...... This time I am sure I can do it with a little help from my band!! I am quite short so it all shows. I will eat until I come back from my holiday then I have two weeks. Fred said low fat diet, no alcohol, so I will try and do liquids only or low fat if its too hard, but I would like to keep in touch to see how your doing x

Hi Dizzy Debs, Just looked at you profile and we are similar heights and weights, not a lot in it, so it would be good to compare notes, although I dont seem to loose weight fast on any diet, including the lighterlife one!! lol... As long as I get there in the end I dont mind!

Thanks Carriejess the package seems quite good with WLS then as its unlimited fills?

Hiya

I am not sure to be honest i would ask BigSister or Gillian as they have their fills through them I do my own so i am not sure what would be best for you to do. x

Hi Everyone.......Thanks for your good wishes.

SP..The hospital was Truro (Trelisk Hospital)....Never Ever go there...If your in Cornwall try to go to Derriford Hospital nr Plymouth its got to be better. But I'm all well now.

Carriejess.......Well done on reaching your goal..FANTASTIC

I need to put something straight. When I said I had lost 3 stone...that was 1.5 stone on the pre op diet which lasted about 2 months and 2.5 after surgery. I'm pleased to say I'm down another stone now so thats 4 stone in all. I'm really pleased with the weight loss so far, although I need to arrange my first fill. Sadly no-one has noticed that I've lost weight, but they should see a difference soon!!!!! I hope.

Take Care Everyone

Jackie

SP..The hospital was Truro (Trelisk Hospital)....Never Ever go there...If your in Cornwall try to go to Derriford Hospital nr Plymouth its got to be better. But I'm all well now.

I need to put something straight. When I said I had lost 3 stone...that was 1.5 stone on the pre op diet which lasted about 2 months and 2.5 after surgery. I'm pleased to say I'm down another stone now so thats 4 stone in all. I'm really pleased with the weight loss so far, although I need to arrange my first fill. Sadly no-one has noticed that I've lost weight, but they should see a difference soon!!!!! I hope.

Take Care Everyone

Jackie

Four stone, great work well done!!

Jackie - congrats 4 stone is amazing!

Hello all. Well, I've just scared myself silly reading the 'lap band failures' thread. I've decided I'm much cozier over here.

I leave in two weeks for surgery and I'm getting quite nervous now. Same feelings it seems everyone has pre-surgery. "will it work?" "will I have problems?".

Trying to remember to breathe slowly and look forward to a positive outcome.

Take Care Everyone

Jackie

my god are they blind, 4 stone thats fntastic in such a short space of time, well done.

gx

Hiya

I am not sure to be honest i would ask BigSister or Gillian as they have their fills through them I do my own so i am not sure what would be best for you to do. x

hi oliver dog...yes the package with WLS is unlimited fills and defills as you need them..as well as that you have diet advice, exercise plans etc tailored to yourself..and 24hour emergency service..Wendy is great, i trust her "sixth sense" on your bands totally..Im off to see her tomorrow locally..CJ.. congrats on your weight loss target!! brill!..ill have a look at your pics later!..jackie..amazing weight loss..well done!. Freckles, hope your band is behaving?!..dizzy debs..me and big sister are so over run with old big clothes now!..big sister is passing hers down to me..which is great..and mine are going to my next door neighbour, or charity shop!.. i have missed saying good luck to Bev..she is having her op today..im sure someone else is too?..not on here much now..i just have quick skim thro every few days...but good luck to everyone being banded very soon..everything will go great!..and good luck to all you losers!! gillian x

hi oliver dog...yes the package with WLS is unlimited fills and defills as you need them..as well as that you have diet advice, exercise plans etc tailored to yourself..and 24hour emergency service..Wendy is great, i trust her "sixth sense" on your bands totally..Im off to see her tomorrow locally..CJ.. congrats on your weight loss target!! brill!..ill have a look at your pics later!..jackie..amazing weight loss..well done!. Freckles, hope your band is behaving?!..dizzy debs..me and big sister are so over run with old big clothes now!..big sister is passing hers down to me..which is great..and mine are going to my next door neighbour, or charity shop!.. i have missed saying good luck to Bev..she is having her op today..im sure someone else is too?..not on here much now..i just have quick skim thro every few days...but good luck to everyone being banded very soon..everything will go great!..and good luck to all you losers!! gillian x

Nice to hear from you gillian. I miss all your good advice and whacky sense of humour. Jx