Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

I will tavelling on the 4th for surgery on the 5th. I heard that the the hotel where the consultation is held is good. Any suggestions on where i should stay plz help? Also what is the name of the hotel where the consultation is held? Emsey where did u stay that taxis were included? Anyone else whose stay inclued taxis n how can i get it?

It depends on what company you book with - if you book directly with Frederick (who works with CDB and does the consultations) you get the hotel & taxis included in one price. If you don't have pre-paid taxis its definitely worth asking others that do if you can jump in with them (the drivers don't care if you say you are all family!).

Here's a link to the hotel:

Welcome to the CAMPANILE BRUSSEL / BRUXELLES - Vilvoorde hotel

It is cheapest to book online (around 39 Euros a night). I stayed the night before and 2 nights after. Good luck!! Any more q's just ask x

freckles thats great not long till goal for you,bet ya thrilled,and lynda hop you have started your pre-op diet xx

Amazed......the mail failed, can you please confirm your mail addy again. I did copy and paste though.

MD75, brilliant weightloss, I didnt lose that much at first.

Some other girls were complaining of hair loss some time ago, not sure when though. You could do a search at the top of the forum for the subject, I'm sure you'll find some answers.

Freckles try my email judydawson61@me.com. And Hair loss take Vitamin b.

Thanx Shaz, it wont be long, never fear.

Amazed we are flying over to Belgium on 28th, so you should still be there, is your surgery on 27th or is that the day you travel to Belgium?

My surgery is 27th. Look out for Dorothy my mother! She will be worried.

can anyone tell me how soon after the operation it's OK to drive? I've been grounded for a week, feel fine and am desperate to get out again - going stir crazy!

Hi everybody, hope you all doing well!

wannabe so when can you have the next fill? i am due for my first fill next thursday! i can't wait to lose another stone i ahve lost 1 stone and that has made such a big difference!

Hi everybody, hope you all doing well!

wannabe so when can you have the next fill? i am due for my first fill next thursday! i can't wait to lose another stone i ahve lost 1 stone and that has made such a big difference!

hi laila glad your back to normal lol,when i was in getting my fill i booked for the next one so try and do that im next going 21st oct cant wait x

can anyone tell me how soon after the operation it's OK to drive? I've been grounded for a week, feel fine and am desperate to get out again - going stir crazy!

Hi shaz you should be fine to drive now.I drove the same day i flew back after the op.You may feel a little tugging when you turn round to check you blind spots but apart from that you should be ok.

thanks wannabe, I shall do that as well.

Morning all

What a beautiful day...

Washings out, children in school, all organised for my lovely day I am going to spend with babies doing massage and it's weigh day.

I am so chuffed I have again lost 4.5 lbs and 3.75 inches - this is just brilliant. A total loss of 25.5 pounds and 21 inches in 7 weeks! I am going for the fill next Thursday so hoping that this will continue the loss. I can't believe I am just flabbergasted that I am still losing. It's great and yes I know I could have a reality check and big bump to earth and suddenly stop losing but that's fine we'll work with it.

Anyway, have to dash as lots to do, life just got a little manic.

Hope everyone is ok and good luck to those about to change their lives forever.

Hi to all some advice needed from anyone who has had problems with thier band (faults/leaks) how did you know something was wrong?

i was banded in May and have had 4 fills so far totalling 7.1mls i still dont have great restriction and can still manage a decent sized portion of food can eat everything bread, chicken and even steak. i have lost 2.5 stone but most of that was just after surgery and have really struggled to lose since any advice would be helpful as im now really really getting down and worried something is wrong even though Fred said at my last fill that he could feel the Fluid pushing back and thats why he could only manage to put in .6mls last time and that he felt i should have really good restriction now.

Advice needed please

Sue

Morning all

What a beautiful day...

Washings out, children in school, all organised for my lovely day I am going to spend with babies doing massage and it's weigh day.

I am so chuffed I have again lost 4.5 lbs and 3.75 inches - this is just brilliant. A total loss of 25.5 pounds and 21 inches in 7 weeks! I am going for the fill next Thursday so hoping that this will continue the loss. I can't believe I am just flabbergasted that I am still losing. It's great and yes I know I could have a reality check and big bump to earth and suddenly stop losing but that's fine we'll work with it.

Anyway, have to dash as lots to do, life just got a little manic.

Hope everyone is ok and good luck to those about to change their lives forever.

claire that is excellent you should be proud,it's a great felling knowing it wont come back on aswell,and your so organised lol.sussie i dont know what to say,maybe one of the others might post a comment to help,if i was that concerned i would prob book an xray and get it checked hope you ger it resolved x:bored:

Hi shaz you should be fine to drive now.I drove the same day i flew back after the op.You may feel a little tugging when you turn round to check you blind spots but apart from that you should be ok.

Thanks Bobo

right I'm off to the shops to plan my new wardrobe:thumbup: but then I'll need to do my share of taxi driver for the kids:sad: maybe I'll spin it out a bit longer and get hubby to take me to the shops:blushing:

Hi Guys

I'm off to Belgium on Monday for my op on Tuesday. My currency has arrived, and the clock is counting down.

I have a couple of questions though - please can someone answer them for me?

1. I booked directly through Fred so hotel and taxis are included. Is that taxis from the airport to the hotel?

Hotel to hospital?

Hospital to hotel?

Hotel to airport?

All or some of the above?

2. Can my hubby stay at the hospital all day before, during and after the op until throwing out time?

3. What happens when Fred comes to see you the night before the op?

4.How long after the op does the kicked by a donkey feeling go away?

5. What happens the day after the op? What do you do, what do they do at the hospital? When do they let you out? (sounds like being released from prison!)

Thanks

ps anyone else going over this week?

Hi Guys

I'm off to Belgium on Monday for my op on Tuesday. My currency has arrived, and the clock is counting down.

I have a couple of questions though - please can someone answer them for me?

1. I booked directly through Fred so hotel and taxis are included. Is that taxis from the airport to the hotel?

Hotel to hospital?

Hospital to hotel?

Hotel to airport?

All or some of the above?

2. Can my hubby stay at the hospital all day before, during and after the op until throwing out time?

3. What happens when Fred comes to see you the night before the op?

4.How long after the op does the kicked by a donkey feeling go away?

5. What happens the day after the op? What do you do, what do they do at the hospital? When do they let you out? (sounds like being released from prison!)

Thanks

ps anyone else going over this week?

hi lemma well done on making a great choice to get banded you wont regret it,right here goes,no1 all taxi's are included,airport to hotel and back again,and to the hospital and back again so dont worry,have you emaile him you time of arrival,there will be a guy waiting for you in airport with your name on it,2 yes hubby can stay with you most of the day but to be honest after op you will be sleeping the rest of the day i know i did,and i couldnt be bothered to talk anyway lol,3 the night before op freddy come and explains everything to you,and you fill a form out and pay him the remainder of op if you havnt already,he will tell you a taxi will be waiting for you at 6.45 in morn,i got hotel to give me an alarm call at 6 so i could shower.4 when you arrive at hospital make sure you take your passport very important you walk in hospital and turn to the right there is a waiting room you take a number out of machine,think i pressed bottom key to get one and sit and wait your turn,when your number is called you go to desk fill forms in get your hospital Bracelet then someone will show you to the ward,were you will get your room,normally two to a room,you might get a time for your op i did,the nurses give you your gown to wear and white stockings to put on and you have a meeting with dr chris who explains all again,you then go back to room to wait to be taken to theatre,be aware when they come and take you,your not going straight in to have op your in a que in theatre to get done i waited about 20 mins,after op your in recovery for bout an hour then took back to room.I personally thought it was quite painfull(but well worth it) your given good drugs,ask for more if you need them,but believe me the next day i felt a million times better.

the next morn the nurses take drip out,you have a small drip comming out of your stomach wich hurts for 10 seconds comming out more weired feeling than painfull though,they then take bandage off your stomach which hurt a wee bit,you are then allowed up to get washed and dressed,forgot to say you are also took down for xray to check all is well,at bout 12 you have some Soup and Water,you normally get realeased about 1-2 back to hotel and freddy will call on you in the evening to check all is ok.ps i asked for a pre med to calm my nerves before op good luck hun if you want to know anything else just ask:thumbup: