Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all, I was sleeved on 12/13 and have lost about 12 pounds so far. I feel like everyone around me, on this board, on my Facebook group, has been losing way faster than I am.. I just am scared I am going to be that person who only loses like 40 pounds despite doing everything right.. Any words of advice to calm my nerves and stop worrying about the weight loss timeline? Thank you..

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I was sleeved 11/9 and am only down 30 lbs and that includes my 2 week liquid diet prior. Everyone is different, I think 12lbs is great!! Give your body some time, everyone looses at a different rate. The more you have to lose, the quicker it comes off (or at least that's what Ive noticed)

Edited by beck1727

I'm in the same boat... I was sleeved on 12/6 and have only lost 17lbs. What's funny is ..before my surgery, had I lost 17lbs in 2 weeks I'd be ecstatic! Yes, we are being very hard on ourselves. But knowing this doesn't make us stop.

HW: 214

CW: 195

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

Edited by bodyslmmn

My RNY was 12/15. I didn't go below my surgery weight until 3 days ago. I gained at first due to swelling and Fluid I guess. The scales are finally moving. Don't fret too much. Do what you know is right, and it WILL work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the BariatricPal App

I am exactly with you. Had my sleeve on 12/13 too. I lost 11 the first week and have been doing everything exactly the same and only lost .8 so far this week. It'll keep coming, our bodies are changing and have been through a tough process. I know my particular issue is just how my body cycles each month. Doesn't make it any less frustrating! Hang in there!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

This is a weight loss journey, not a race.

Keep up the great work.

A run of the mill scale can't tell you much about your progress. I only use the Tenita scale at my doctors office. It breaks down the Fluid, fat and lean body mass. As long as my body fat is trending down then I'm successful.

Hi all, I was sleeved on 12/13 and have lost about 12 pounds so far. I feel like everyone around me, on this board, on my Facebook group, has been losing way faster than I am.. I just am scared I am going to be that person who only loses like 40 pounds despite doing everything right.. Any words of advice to calm my nerves and stop worrying about the weight loss timeline? Thank you..

I wish I had advice. I'm having the same problem. I've only lost 10 lbs in two weeks. No cheating, following everything to a tee. Feeling a little frustrated. I know I'm not as active due to severe fibromyalgia. I can only manage 10 min of walking before my muscles spasm and then lock up. I'm not giving up and will continue to push forward and hope that my "big" losses start soon. I did this surgery to help with my back. Hopefully I'll lose enough to be more functional with less pain. I think we all lose at our own pace. I know I completely screwed up my metabolism in prior years by starving myself. Before surgery I only ate one meal a day and I still couldn't lose weight. My surgeon assured me that this will work. So for now, stay positive and stay on track. Do the best you can and have faith that things will happen. Have a wonderful holiday.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using the BariatricPal App

So you are 12 days post-op and you've ONLY lost 12 lbs? That's a pound a day!!! I hope you don't set yourself up for failure with unrealistic expectations. Also, you lost 12 lbs on the pre-op diet. You've lost 24 lbs in less than a month. What are you expecting? This is great weight loss!!!

I think we all feel this way..people always tend to want things to happen overnight. I'm a month out and down 20..but have people I know who have dropped 40..well we are all different..we lose weight differently our starting weight, age, hormones, activity level etc can also play a part in how much you lose. I am trying to be patient with it myself..I think that's the key. I feel like I'm doing everything right. I'm following my diet..walking 10,000 steps at least 5 times a week, getting my fluids in, taking my Vitamins, weight training 3 times a week..so I'm trying to remind myself..I didn't gain this weight overnight..I'm not going to lose it overnight either.

SW 232

CW 211.8

Edited by Lucky2Lose

If you're not happy with your weight loss, exercise more, eat better quality food, change up your diet... Etc. If your expectations are so high, change your habits to meet those expectations. I'm happy with a pound a week, sometimes I go 9 or so days with no change, and then a big weight drop happens. I still don't classify that as a stall. It's just my body adjusting.

More importantly, the more stress you have, the more your cortisol levels rise, the more cortisol, the more it encourages your body to store fat. Chronic stress, worrying will not only slow your weight loss but maybe put pounds on.

Stop weighing yourself! If you're doing everything your team is telling you to do to the letter, that is all that is within your control. Water retention/swelling, shock to your system, the scale - none of that is in your control. But you can't not lose weight following their instructions. It may just take a while to kick in.