Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Bandsters How are you Doing So Far

Just making my Monday checkin. I'm down another 2 this week for a grand total of 54 lbs. I'm 3 lbs from my Xmas goal of the 220's, so hopefully I can nail it this week!

My loss has been slower lately, but I know it's all about my food choices and a few Snacks sneaking in, so I'm trying to get my head back in the right place and get back to sticking with the eating plan. My tummy's been a little sore the last couple of days so I know I need to get back on track.

If I get back to 3 lbs a week, I could make the 60 lb mark by the end of the year!

How's everyone else holding out this week?

Just making my Monday checkin. I'm down another 2 this week for a grand total of 54 lbs. I'm 3 lbs from my Xmas goal of the 220's, so hopefully I can nail it this week!

My loss has been slower lately, but I know it's all about my food choices and a few Snacks sneaking in, so I'm trying to get my head back in the right place and get back to sticking with the eating plan. My tummy's been a little sore the last couple of days so I know I need to get back on track.

If I get back to 3 lbs a week, I could make the 60 lb mark by the end of the year!

How's everyone else holding out this week?

Good for you Pizzicato66!! Way to go:whoo:!! My family took my scale away because it was actually doing me more harm than good. The weight just isn't leaving as quick as others or as quick as I would like. I just have to accept that but its hard. Hubby weighed me in this morning and said I was down. Not at wonderland yet but hopefully getting close. I spoke to the doctor's office last week who told me I am not eating enough:rolleyes::(. Dear God....I need to set realistic expectations and get moving now.

pizzacat (hehe) - I'm in the 220's :whoo:

Taking measurements is a great idea. I wish I'd done that at the beginning. I felt so prepared before surgery but 2 regrets so far = not taking my measurements and not taking nude pics.

I’m going to see a lot of friends/family/co-workers that I haven’t seen since my surgery. (I live in a different state now) I’m nervous. I want people to notice but I don’t want any attention – lol. I’m so screwed up.

Things are definitely slowing down. I also have to admit I ate a peice of chocolate cake for my B-day. I am still 7 pounds out from my goal. I am trying not to beat myself up. My new phrase is be kind to yourself. Got a good work out this morning and have upped my Water intake. I think the scale should move by Friday. I am writing my last paper for school (due 12/12) so my time and schedule should go back to normal for the last weeks of 2007. I am launching an all out assault on food and workouts for the last 19 days of this month! I am still determined to meet my goal!

Hey Candle, Who says you can't ake the pictures and the measurements now. And, do you have a belt that you used to wear. You could estimate your starting waist size by measuring the belt.

Take care all!

Val

pizzacat (hehe) - I'm in the 220's :whoo:

Taking measurements is a great idea. I wish I'd done that at the beginning. I felt so prepared before surgery but 2 regrets so far = not taking my measurements and not taking nude pics.

I’m going to see a lot of friends/family/co-workers that I haven’t seen since my surgery. (I live in a different state now) I’m nervous. I want people to notice but I don’t want any attention – lol. I’m so screwed up.

Candle,

Believe me, they WILL notice a 67 pound loss!! You are doing amazing. How is that book you are reading???

Things are definitely slowing down. I also have to admit I ate a peice of chocolate cake for my B-day. I am still 7 pounds out from my goal. I am trying not to beat myself up.

First, it is okay to have "A" piece of chocolate cake for your birthday. Skinny people can have "A" piece. It is the second, third and fourth peices that cause you to gain weight. Not one piece. I think that is really what we need to start looking at. It is not realistic to think that we are going to go through life and never eat something that is not healthy again. That is just setting us up for failure. We need to adjust our attitude about food and realize that 1 piece now and then is alright...it is the followups that we used to go back for that is not.

Right now it is hard because we are all in the still need to lose mode, so we are cutting our calories and trying to stear clear of anything that would make us gain .025 pounds. But this is how all other diets went before. Then when we get to our goal weight, we think "whew" I can let up and then back goes the weight. Right now I think we should be learning how to eat. Yes it may make the weight come off a little slower because of the OCCASIONAL endulgances, but I believe it will set us up for success in the future. So, don't beat yourself up, but instead be proud that you didn't eat the entire thing.

I am having to do this right now. I went to a holiday party the other night and at first I was disspointed in myself that I at more than I should. But I had take precautions throughout the day and conserved extra calories for that evening. When I came home and made a list of what I had eaten, I realized that it was maybe 1/8 of what I would have eaten before AND it was better choices. THAT IS A SUCCESS, not a failure.

Okay I will get off my throne now, but I just had to say this, because I want us all to be successful now and in the future. I hope to still be talking you all when we are thin and successful. Everyone is doing great and even during those times when the scale doesn't move (like right now for me!) I believe we have made the best choice.

I agree with you Salsa. Heck today for dinner I had a burrito supreme from Taco bell. Its not something I do all the time but when i do get a craving I satisfy it but just with a whole lot less food than I would have eaten before. I am also exercising usually 5 days a week which I wasnt doing before. Like you said I know that if I deprived myself I would end up snapping and eating all those good things that go through the band easily. But even with the occasional splurg (which for me is 2 or 3 times a week) I have have still lost 64 lbs in 4 months.

Salsa - that was the PERFECT post. I feel the same way. I really identify with a lot of what you say.

I had a latte and 1/2 a big cookie from Starbucks this weekend! (but did a TON of walking in NYC)

See - we all do it. :biggrin1: Don't beat yourself up over a piece of YOUR OWN birthday cake!!

I had my first fill last week and finally saw s significant loss for the first time in a month. I still don't feel a restriction, but I can tell the difference.

As far as the birthday cake goes, I agree that one piece is okay, or any 'treat' once in a while. I think if we deny ourselves forever, it really makes it harder to lose because it seems like we are punishing ourselves for being overweight. I was at a surprise 70th birthday party for a friend this weekend. It was a major party, catered and everything. I ate a few hour d'voers, staying away from the fried ones, the salad and a piece of the Tilapia that was one of the entree choices. I made the mistake of walking over to the desert table to see if they had any fruit, which they didn't, but they had cheesecake, which was always a weakness for me. At first I was going to ask for a sliver, but saw the slices were pre-cut. Then I spied a piece on a plate that was about half a slice (someone else must have had the same idea) and asked the server to just cut off a small piece from that. It amounted to about two bites, but satisfied me enough to make me happy without feeling guilty. I weigh myself on Monday's and I still lost

Candle - I meant to ask, where do you go walking in they city? I work midtown on the west side and walk at lunch, going whereever the lights take me so I don't have to slow down, but sometimes run into crowds of people sauntering along. And I always thought New Yorkers were in such a rush all the time ;)

Thank you, all! You are right because last year I would have two peices at least and then followed up everyday until it was gone with another! I have not touched it since that day and that is success!

Val

Yes! These are the small victories that we must count! In thinking about this---I always beat myself up for eating that piece of cake, that burrito, etc. Why? Because I ate that piece of cake or that burrito IN ADDITION to everything else! So, now----eating that piece of cake or that burrito or whatever the special treat is NOT a "beat myself up" moment. It's a little victory because I'm conscious of it BEFORE I eat it and NOT after! Right?

Great post, Salsa!

Candle, you rock!!! I'm just behind you now, and although it's not my official weigh-in day, I did step on the scale and I'm EXACTLY 230 lbs, so by Monday, there's no question - I'll be in the 220's too! :-)

PLUS, I just adjusted the waistline buttons on my size 20 pants that were TIIIIIIIGHT in November (they take the waistline in about 2 inches!), AND, I got a size 18 top at Target that is on the rather big side already! This is getting really fun!

Since everyone else covered the "occasional piece of cake" topic in-depth, I'll just nod and say "what she said!" :-)

I'm the opposite of you. I've been in 18 and 20 pants for over a month now but in tops, I am still in 22/24 and a few 18/20 's - lol

I just wanted to pop in to say how inspiring it is to read about everyone's success... and to know that we are all learning how to "have one" of certain things (versus the entire bag). I am losing and am happy about my loss, but have found that sometimes I take credit away from myself for coming this far. Reading about you all sets me straight. :) Thank you!