Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did anybody have their period at the time of surgery?

Yes thank you for asking this question as it was on my mind too

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I started mine a week early the day before my surgery. They had me wear something that was like a depends for the surgery and once I was able to get up and move around I was able to wear my own underwear and a pad. Just let them know, it's no big deal, they are totally used to it.

Mine showed up the morning of surgery. I let them know when I was asked to change. Got some lovely granny panties and a pad. My male dr laughed when I told him and said I was one of the extra lucky ones. lol No big deal at all to anyone.

I'm glad you posted this Bcus my monthly reminder will be down the day of my surgery as well. I suffer with bad cramps as well. Wondering what to take or wait it out. But hopefully it won't be as bad

Sent from my Z958 using the BariatricPal App

I suffer with bad cramps and my period came down right after my surgery. The idea of it wasn't so bad because the pain medicine they give will have you floating on air no worries......there after I was sent home with a Vicodin/norco pain pills 60 of them.....YOU WILL NOT SUFFER LOL

I also started the morning of my surgery, they will give you the mesh panties and a pad.... I wouldn't leave a tampon in or anything because during my surgery @ 11am they gave me a catheter and I didn't get up until that night around 9 to walk, the most annoying thing about being on my period was that they wanted to measure my urine and that was kinda gross, but they didn't care about the mess, and the nurses were helpful with the giant pads lol

I also started the morning of my surgery, they will give you the mesh panties and a pad.... I wouldn't leave a tampon in or anything because during my surgery @ 11am they gave me a catheter and I didn't get up until that night around 9 to walk, the most annoying thing about being on my period was that they wanted to measure my urine and that was kinda gross, but they didn't care about the mess, and the nurses were helpful with the giant pads lol

Was the catheter painful? last time i had one was 11 years ago when i had my daughter and that hurt more than the actual delivery .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the BariatricPal App

Yep pad and granny-like meshy panties it was. actually wasn't too bad though because surgery was pretty quick and I was up shortly after that night.

Edited by Steph~L~16

I was bang on my 3rd day of my period when I had my op. I ve told them, one of the hca was pulling straight faces but after straight away the nurse behind her came and said I shouldn't worry. They were adamant that I need to do a pregnancy test and I had to which it was kind of weird. They gave me paper pants, I have put a pad on and that was it. Don't worry about it, it will be fine.

Was the catheter painful? last time i had one was 11 years ago when i had my daughter and that hurt more than the actual delivery .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the BariatricPal App

Wasn't painful at all they did it while I was out!!!!

I got mine the day of surgery a week early and they gave me disposable underwear and pad I left on in surgery...So it will be ok