Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Penni,

Sorry, you can't expect anyone to happy with what you are doing.. Why won't you answer the question..Why do you want to destroy the Lap band industry so bad. I'm sure everyone is wondering by now.

I'm upset..Margret

Margret: Not sure what you want me to answer here. First, what industry are you referring to? Second, how am I destroying it?? Why are you so upset?? What got you that way?

Penni,

Sorry, you can't expect anyone to happy with what you are doing.. Why won't you answer the question..Why do you want to destroy the Lap band industry so bad. I'm sure everyone is wondering by now.

I'm upset..Margret

Um.. actually I'm quite pleased with Penni's actions. And holding a surgeon accountable for his or her actions is hardly destroying an industry. One could argue, in fact, that it improves the industry, wouldn't you think?

Paranoid ravings, OTOH???? Not so healthy or pleasing to the eye. If anyone needs help, Margret, it would be you, given some of the posts I've read.

I'm glad the thread is back, guys. I thought I'd lost my marbles for a second. :D

In response to what Leatha wrote about "the lady I spoke with when I had my slippage said they stress over and over the aftercare aspect of the band. They tell the docs who come to the seminars, 'if you are not prepared to provide the aftercare/followup, you do not need to become a band surgeon'. So.. hmm."

Just so you all know, I read this in Inamed's Literature. They DO require their band surgeons to have adequate and reliable aftercare. But when I talked to them on the phone, they say they have no control over it.

As far as Margret deleting her posts, I also saw her lurking around in my profile again. Margret, why are you stalking me? I've already told you that if you have something to say, please say it here in an open forum. I'm not comfortable at all with stalking or harrassment issues.

And if you spend some time actually reading the entire post instead of selecting what you feel like seeing, you'll see that nobody wants to put Inamed out of business (unless I missed something.) We simply feel that they should take some responsiblity for doctors that aren't taking care of their patients. Is that so hard to comprehend?

Meanwhile, nobody said you can't speak your own opinion around her, but once again, if you "read" the posts around LBT, you'll see that we're all here to support each other. Nobody wants to hear any marketing schemes like how faboulous one doctor is regardless of how many people he hurt. You started this ugliness a long time ago but for some reason came back to stir the pot again. You know darn well that many of us have severe problems with Dr. Lopez's lack of aftercare, so for you to come here and try to belittle our experiences by saying how grand yours was is simply in poor taste and manners.

Penni is not the one deleting the posts. Now explain why you keep going to my profile when you already know so much.

Margret, I've asked you about 6 times now to come clean - you threatened me and said you "know the same people I do." Who are they? Do I need to take steps to protect myself?

Oh and I just remembered that I was telling you guys about a lady I know whose band was placed by someone inexperienced in my hometown. She'd had numerous small fills, which is probably good, but never got good restriction; finally they did a fill under fluorscopy (after she BEGGED for it -- not his usual SOP) and he said the band was totally full, or words to that effect, with no more room for more saline. And yet she still has no restriction, and hasn't lost any weight.

Isn't that odd??? makes me wonder if her band has slipped or something, but you'd think you'd be able to see something under fluoroscopy. But to my knowledge (and who knows what's really going on) he hasn't offered any further options, comments or explanation as to why she would have no restriction at this point.

Anyway, I didn't want to leave that hanging if you guys were at all curious. The whole thing seemed really odd to me. I don't really know what to think.

The really sad thing about this situation with Margret is that I would hope we'd all want the same thing -- high quality medical care and follow up for those who have had bands placed. To argue against that, to blame the victim, is unconscionable.

And the game playing? With deleting posts? So childish...

Margret, I've asked you about 6 times now to come clean - you threatened me and said you "know the same people I do." Who are they? Do I need to take steps to protect myself?

Yeah Margret You need to do some answering.

This makes it 9 times I'm asking: Margret, you threatened me and said you "know the same people I do." Who are they? Do I need to take steps to protect myself?

"One could argue, in fact, that it improves the industry, wouldn't you think?"

Vick, you hit the nail on the head. Nobody wants the band to go away. I don't know why I waste my time on Margret since she can't comprehend the importance of aftercare, honesty, integrity, etc. I want what I paid for. How is that a bad thing?

Amazing. She started it. I guess it backfired. Like I said earlier. Sometimes it's best to let sleeping dogs lie. Sometimes, they tend to wake up and bite you on the ......

I've said it once and I wil lsay it again..Margaret is a "rat"

She is affilated with Lopez somehow someway..not just his patient! It is plainly obvious now since she is deleting her posts now that there is a firestorm around Lopez's Butt and since we are all calling and emailing Inamed ourselves. If you cant stand the heat Margaret, you should of never stepped into this kitchen! And Penni I agree 100% Margarets tone and writing style has definately changed..What was her husbands name again Lisa?