Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Interesting, the lady I spoke with when I had my slippage said they stress over and over the aftercare aspect of the band. They tell the docs who come to the seminars, 'if you are not prepared to provide the aftercare/followup, you do not need to become a band surgeon'. So.. hmm.

Her name/email is: denise.maddalon@inamed.com

E-mail Address(es):

denise.maddalon@inamed.com

Business Information:

Company: Inamed

Address:

Ca

Phone: 800-624-4261 x 4323

Oh I can guarentee you if Larry Folton is good friends with Lopez he is going to tell him of this firsestorm..and Im sure in the days to come there will be some new member or Margaret coming to Lopez's defense..the word will get out..Look out for the rat!

Leatha: Don told me that they do teach the aftercare issues but they can't regulate what a doctor does once they are qualified to insert the band. So a surgeon can say yes I have something in place for aftercare. Inamed has nothing in place to check and see if in fact the surgeon is telling the truth about having anything in place or if they do in fact follow through and maintain the aftercare on a consistent basis. So Inamed will tell us they teach it or advise the doctors have it in place but Inamed does nothing to inforce the issue. They don't feel it is their business to tell a doctor how to run their offices. Crazy isn't it??

By the way here is Don Mills info

email: don.mills@inamed.com

Phone: (800) 624-4261 x4546

Maybe once Johnson and Johnson releases their band, they will start losing some business and start paying attention then. I just think all they are interested in is selling their product. I don't know what it will take to wake them up, but somebody needs to.

They don't feel it is their business to tell a doctor how to run their offices. Crazy isn't it??

By the way here is Don Mills info

email: don.mills@inamed.com

Phone: (800) 624-4261 x4546

Not only crazy, but it will definitely be bad for business in the long run. This kind of thing is getting out. All it takes is one bandster with a horror story to run off many prospects. :D

Worst part is: I love my band. I want to keep my band. I want it to be a positive experience for everyone and I don't want to have to defend my choice when people start coming up with the horror stories they've heard about others. :)

I like the idea of us all seeing for ourselves exactly what's going on. I'd like to take it one step further and see everyone's incisions. I didn't think much of my scars after the initial surgery. But I remember how extremely impressed I was after Dr. Kuri removed my port, and his female assistant stitched me up. Her work was impeccable compared to my other wounds. Is there a band-placement issue, or shoddy workmanship Where am I going with this? Whatever is done, it needs to be done with finesse. Do we really want to be the group of hard-ass woman that remove the band from the market and leave all our fat followers without the tool that saved our lives? Boy, Lisa's in a deep mood tonight, isn't she?

OK for those of you that thought this thread was deleted I restored it cause there is just too much good info here. If it gets deleted again I will restore it again. In the meantime I will print off the info from this site in case we need it later.

Somehow this keeps getting deleted. I wonder why??? The more Margretr tries to delete this post the more I am going to undelete it. I sent her a PM stating this fact but yet she keeps deleting it. Such wasted energy on her part.

There is way too much info in this post to let it be deleted. Don't you all agree?

It might be of some interest to all of you that Margret went back and deleted the quote from Larry Fulton at the beginning of her post. Unfortunately for her I have it printed off. So any changes she makes are moot at this point.

Very interesting. Isn't this development??? And the poor thing keeps deleting this post.

I thought I was losing my mind, I went to look at it and it was gone! Then it was back! lol Thanks Penni, I agree there is too much information in this thread for it to be deleted.

Hi everyone,

Penni, what kind of FREAK are you, deleting my posting and making look like I did it. You need medical attention. Just because you're a moderator does not give you the right to alter or remove postings.

Are you really that intent on destroying an Industry? Who do you think you are GOD?

Margret

Margret

Funny I was wondering when you would get around to accusing me of something you can be proven to be doing yourself. But oh well. The more you delete it the more I will undelete it. Too funny.

Penni,

It is clear to me that you will not allow anyones opinion that does not fit with yours. I find that to be disgusting. So why do you want to destroy the lap band industry so bad. Are you that dissatisfied?

Margret

Margretr: what are you talking about? Me thinks Margretr's hubby has invaded our midst. The tone of her postings have changed. What do you guys think?

No more Love Margret at the end of her posts anymore.