Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do we really want to be the group of hard-ass woman that remove the band from the market and leave all our fat followers without the tool that saved our lives? Boy, Lisa's in a deep mood tonight, isn't she?

You guys win...

This comment really spooked me. I don't think I want to part of someting like this. I'll continue comment on my experiences but don't want any part what you guys are hatching up.

count me out

Margret

Oh and I just remembered that I was telling you guys about a lady I know whose band was placed by someone inexperienced in my hometown. She'd had numerous small fills, which is probably good, but never got good restriction; finally they did a fill under fluorscopy (after she BEGGED for it -- not his usual SOP) and he said the band was totally full, or words to that effect, with no more room for more saline. And yet she still has no restriction, and hasn't lost any weight.

Isn't that odd??? makes me wonder if her band has slipped or something, but you'd think you'd be able to see something under fluoroscopy. But to my knowledge (and who knows what's really going on) he hasn't offered any further options, comments or explanation as to why she would have no restriction at this point.

This sounds exactly like erosion. Once the stomach has migrated inside the stomach wall, you can fill it all day long everyday and still get no restriction. :D She needs to be scoped to see if they can see erosion.

Margret: Who said we are hatching up anything? I didn't see anyone say anything about hatching anything? Seems someone is listening to the voices again.

Leatha: I agree it sounds pretty ominious. She needs to be scoped pronto in my opinion.

MARGRET, WHO ARE THE PEOPLE YOU KNOW THAT I KNOW? And what do we win? Was this a contest? By the way, please re-read what I wrote, understand the sentence, and maybe even look up the word "rhetorical" in the dictionary.

You guys win...

This comment really spooked me. I don't think I want to part of someting like this. I'll continue comment on my experiences but don't want any part what you guys are hatching up.

count me out

Margret

I don't think anyone is 'hatching up' anything. We were all merrily continuing our band journeys, such as they are. Glad, grateful for the band, even those who have been extremely neglected. Facts are, if this man continues to have such bad outcomes, he won't need the help of any harmed patients, his work will taint the whole idea for everyone. Reputation is a big thing and if he truly is doing more bands than anyone and continues to have this type of outcome, we can all just sit and wait because eventually he'll ruin it for everyone, including Inamed. That's a shame.. a sad sad shame.

Delarla -- glad you understood where I was coming from. It's clear to me that demanding accountability is a good thing. You should get what you pay for. I paid for unlimited, lifetime oil changes with my beetle. If my dealership suddenly went kaput or refused to schedule me, I'd be pissed. When dealing with our health, it's even MORE important.

Leatha, thanks for the info. I'm hoping she'll come to our meeting next week and I can talk to her. If not, I'll definitely email her. I don't want to push myself onto her but since I have a bit of a medical background, I'd like to be able to help.

Margret -- honey, take a reading comprehension class. Seriously.

Ban the Band? Watch your mouth! Follow the above (excellent) advice and spend some time learning comprehension. If you read carefully you'll realize that I'm the LAST person on the planet that wants the band removed from the market! Margret, do a search and see how many countless times I've said, "I'd do it again in a heartbeat." Ban the Band? No F-ing way!

Nobody wants to ban the band. But ya know, if you get enough people having problems because of poor aftercare, and insurance companies will think twice about covering it. Eventually, who knows? It wouldn't be inconceivable that the FDA would take a hard look at keeping it on the market, right?

So it's in all of our best interests -- especially people like me who haven't been banded yet -- to do what we can to keep the band safe and keep complications to a minimum.

What I don't understand is how Margret sees that attitude as being anti-band. I'm stumped.

Has anyone but me noticed that when it is one on one Margret is pretty vocal but now that there are others here that think she is just as full of dung as me she is non-existent? AMAZING isn't it??

Bottom Line Margaret..you got served girl!!!. You came here talking smack about there being rumors and lies out there on Lopez but all of his problem patients were here to tell you otherwise. 4 women here with erosion 2 of them on the same day..not a rumor there!

2 other women here with port problems No rumor there!

Several others here trying to get copies of their records from 6 months ago.. No rumors there!

The next time you step at all of us here on this board...Please get your facts straight

Lisa,

This is what I'm talking about.

Penni wrote, What if a bunch of us filed a class action lawsuit against Inamed

in an earlier posting.

Margret

When you lay an egg, you hope it hatches. She shouldn't have laid it. Makes you wonder what Marg's motifs are. So far she posted someone else's letter, she's lurking in profiles, deleting posts, making threats, and refusing to come clean. I've told her before that the law provides for fairness of game, yet she refuses to tell me who these mutual people are that we both know - the ones she planned on using against me.

Margret: You are so confused. What are YOU talking about???

"Lisa, This is what I'm talking about. Margret"

Margret, WHAT are you talking about? You didn't even say anything. Now, who are the people YOU know that I know? Why are you afraid to answer this simple question? Can anybody help me here?