Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Margret, why should I call Inamed when YOU are the one that posted the letter? Why can't you just tell us the date the letter was written and stop playing games?

Margaret she is not doubting the letter is real or valid..she is questioning the date of the letter..if it was 6-8 months ago it means nothing since all of the erosions and problems are popping up all over in the last month...what good is the letter written months ago if these problems are happening now and the letter does no good if these patients are not reporting their erosions to Inamed..If Inamed is unawre of these erosions then of course they are still going to think he is a wonderful Dr..this is why any of you who have had problems with your band with whatever Dr.. you need to contact Inamed..

Don.mills@inamed.com let him know of your situation..

I just emailed Don and Larry Fulton from Inamed.

Good Job Penni..I think we all should this is getting way out of control..every week we are reading about others who have erosion from Lopez..something is not right. Inamed is not on these boards like we all are..who better to report to them then us..if no one tells then anything then they thing these Dr.'s are in good standings when the fact remains they are not! I know lisa has contacted them several times..I'm glad you emailed them Penni..

I have actually talked at great length with Craig Arthur when I had my port issues in July. I have emailed Don Mills several times on other issues. Inamed needs to know and be informed about all the issues we are all facing like erosion, poor after care, port infections, port protrusions, unexplained redness at port site, etc. Some doctors (not all) but Lopez especially do not report complications to Inamed even though they are required to by the company. So that is why some doctors/surgeons have a better reputation that others.

Everyone that has had problems with their Inamed bands should report the issue to the company. If the doctors/surgeons won't then we have to. Maybe if enough of us report our problems then they will start weeding out the doctors/surgeons that aren't treating the patients properly and get the more reputable ones in the forefront. Just a thought???

Has anyone noticed or is it just me that Margret never really stated what rumor she was talking about in her initial posting. Hmmm?? Makes me wonder what she really came here for initially.

This is such a sad commentary of an apparently brilliant surgeon who has chosen shoddy workmanship over individuals' health. My prayer is no fatalities will come out of this.

I just emailed Don Mills from Inamed myself with questions in regards to this whole Lopez erosion/aftercare thing. If I get a reply you can bet I will post it in its entireity including the date! and For the record I did mention my esophagitis, even though my band is fine..I wanted them to be aware of my personal situation. Documentation does help to provide a better product and service no matter who you are or who your surgeon was..These incidences being reported just helps in the long run. Even Dr. Ortiz made a physical note of this today, for future reference and for future patients.

Wow that was quick..I just got email comfirmation that Don Mills has read my email all ready

To: "Michelle Houston" <angel.atheart@cox.net>

Subject: Read: Erosion % of a Certain Doctor

Date: Monday, November 29, 2004 3:27 PM

Your message

To: Don Mills

Subject: Erosion % of a Certain Doctor

Sent: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 15:26:10 -0800

was read on Mon, 29 Nov 2004 15:27:07 -0800

I am sure I wil lbe geting a reply

I spoke with Larry at Inamed. He said that Lopez does a lot more bands than other doctors, and his erosion rate is low at only 1%. I don't know how accurate the numbers are since not everyone reports erosions, but that's what Larry just told me.

How can that be? Thats strange since Ortiz just told me he does 4 to every 1 of Lopez's..maybe it is just the people who are having erosions do not know to report it to inamed thats why his percentage is so low. I'm sure after this fire of a post they all will..I would like to know then what Ortiz's % is & Kuri's for that matter. I know they both do many many bands a week. Thanks Lisa for sharing this info with us..